Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 08:53 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,148,252 times

Advertisements

A year ago my MD asked me if I wanted this vaccine for my then 16 y.o. daughter. I said NO WAY!! She is not sexually active. My daughter who was in the room said No, I am waiting till I am married She is 18 now and both she and I feel that was the best decision. I have now figured out that I am in charge of my own health and that of my children. I will not just take a drug b/c my MD said so. Oh if I could only write a book about how meds have screwed me up! Now, that I am off of them what a difference! I am actually healthy!!
People should take charge of their own health and not blindly trust the doctors.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:55 AM

3,440 posts, read 8,038,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCInMyMind View Post
I am simply "repeating" what is stated in the reports, that many of the women had underlying conditions that were the cause of death. Many of the reports also state that the attending physicians do not believe that this particular vaccine caused the adverse advent, i.e. death or subsequent illness.

Unfortunately, sometimes the first symptom of a condition is death. Think of all the high school athletes who suddenly "collapse and die" on the field. Was it the Advil, that let's say he/she took for a headache, or was it the underlaying heart defect that was until that day was asymptomatic?

As I stated in my previous post, correlation does not often equal causation. This is precisely why the FDA conducts post-marketing surveillance of all drugs, including vaccines. Health professionals report any and all adverse events, that could be tied to a drug/vaccine, no matter how farfetched. Just because a health professional submits a report, it does not however mean that the adverse event was caused by the drug/vaccine.

The FDA continuously reviews these reports looking for "patterns." It is my understanding that to date, the FDA has determined that Gardasil does not cause a higher amount of adverse events, then one expects to see in this particular demographic. This could change as it did for (off the top off my head) the diabetes drug Rezulin, several years ago.

I fully understand what you are saying, as a matter of fact, the way you lay it out, your argument wins. Your argument wins because, like you said, the doctors did not report that they "feel" the vaccine was the cause of the problem. And see, that's the problem, and the rock bottom of the vaccine controversy, in that, this legal loophole (not accurately reporting) is used to avoid responsibility! Furthmore, in what interest does a doctor have in telling on himself and on his medical profession?

I have read through all the cases myself and many of these girls were perfectly healthy until they were inoculated! Quite a few girls died after the first dose within a 2 week time frame let alone made it through the 2nd and 3rd dose. Also, there is a pattern, in that, many girls died from the same complications (blood clots in lungs/heart) and experienced the same symptoms after the inoculation such as, stomach pains, weakness, and headaches.http://www.judicialwatch.org/files/d...L_20090616.pdf

Regardless, if you want to actually believe that the "FDA continuously reviews these reports looking for patterns", then all I can say to that is, yea, yea, tell it to the family's who lost there children!!

YouTube - Gardasil Vaccine Deaths

Old 11-03-2009, 09:27 AM

502 posts, read 1,251,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
And see, that's the problem, and the rock bottom of the vaccine controversy, in that, this legal loophole (not accurately reporting) is used to avoid responsibility! Furthmore, in what interest does a doctor have in telling on himself and on his medical profession?
If a doctor has chosen to lie about a patient on a report, then he/she is in serious violation of ethics and the codes of standards and practices of his/her profession. He/she should have his/her license revoked. I have no reason to believe that the majority of doctors lied as you suggest.

Most people who enter the field of medicine (including myself) are dedicated to eradicating illnesses and suffering. It requires quite a commitment in terms of time and financial hardship to earn an M.D.

I have absolute sympathy for the families. I know firsthand what it is like to watch someone you love who was otherwise healthy on a Monday, end up on a respirator on a Tuesday. I also know firsthand the frustration of not knowing exactly what caused such an illness and wanting to "pin" it on something specific.

I just am not convinced that the vaccine is the cause of the adverse events, although I fully comprehend your concerns.

Last edited by NCInMyMind; 11-03-2009 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: wording

Old 11-03-2009, 10:13 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,896,837 times
Doctors aren't recommending it so freely now, because of several adverse reactions in healthy young women. We skipped the vax for my 18 year old dd, opting to wait a few years to see how well it was going. And apparently it isn't going so well, I occasionally see credible news reports about serious reactions. People should be informed of the risks before making their decision on whether or not to vax. I will say that one of my daughter's friends got the Gardasil vaccination, and was very sick for a few days afterwards.

Gardasil HPV Vaccine Faces Safety Questions - ABC News
On Wednesday morning, ABC News Chief Medical Editor Dr. Timothy Johnson said that he, too, would encourage parents to learn more about the shot before getting their daughters vaccinated......
Mod cut: copyright violation

2 ALS Cases May Be Linked to Gardasil Vaccine
[i]Oct. 16, 2009 (Baltimore) -- Researchers believe that there may be a link between a vaccine against cervical cancer and a rapidly progressive, fatal disease in two young women.
Mod cut: copyright violation

And from the Journal of the American Medical Association:

JAMA -- Mandatory HPV Vaccination: Public Health vs Private Wealth, May 2, 2007, Gostin and DeAngelis 297 (17): 1921
[i]However, it is important to emphasize that the vaccine is supported by limited efficacy and safety data. Clinical trials have thus far involved a relatively small population (<12 000 participants) for a limited period of follow-up (5 years). The vaccine has not been evaluated for efficacy among younger girls (aged 9 to 15 years).... Mod cut: copyright violations

Last edited by Viralmd; 11-03-2009 at 11:07 AM.. Reason: Copyright violation

Old 11-03-2009, 10:47 AM

2,901 posts, read 12,724,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
A year ago my MD asked me if I wanted this vaccine for my then 16 y.o. daughter. I said NO WAY!! She is not sexually active. My daughter who was in the room said No, I am waiting till I am married She is 18 now and both she and I feel that was the best decision. I have now figured out that I am in charge of my own health and that of my children. I will not just take a drug b/c my MD said so. Oh if I could only write a book about how meds have screwed me up! Now, that I am off of them what a difference! I am actually healthy!!
People should take charge of their own health and not blindly trust the doctors.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:03 PM
ino

680 posts, read 2,499,200 times
It's called 'taking responsibility for oneself' rather than following like good little subordinates to the system, and being spoon fed as much BS as one can consume.

For anyone who enjoys reading, try "Healthcare for Dummies" by David Bonello, and read up on Royal Raymond Rife. Hear Ye, Hear Ye, come ye all and see how well the 'establishment' looks after everyones' interests, OH, and bring plenty of money with you so we can keep you dumbed down and drugged up with whole range of 'goodies', we churn out bountiful supplies so there is plenty for everyone, and we're 'well' connected too.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:07 PM

805 posts, read 1,509,735 times
The question is, Is killing a small percentage of people AND risking side effects to another percentage of people WORTH preventing a disease?

What is your answer? Some people say yes. Mine is probably no, because unknown side effects come up eventually even if it does prevent diseases, and their consequences are unforeseen but horrible.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:08 PM

805 posts, read 1,509,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCInMyMind View Post
I just am not convinced that the vaccine is the cause of the adverse events, although I fully comprehend your concerns.

So are you saying that if these girls who died HAD NOT TAKEN THE VACCINE, they'd still be dead?

Old 11-03-2009, 02:11 PM

502 posts, read 1,251,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
So are you saying that if these girls who died HAD NOT TAKEN THE VACCINE, they'd still be dead?
Based on the cause of death stated on the reports, yes. As I've stated several times, correlation does not necessarily equal causation.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:17 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,256,290 times
70% of medical research on meds is funded by the people who manufacture them

If they do not like the current research team's results, they get another one.

Bias in the name of profit not people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine