Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to live in Brazil?
Yes 162 50.78%
No 157 49.22%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 01:03 PM

667 posts, read 940,348 times

Advertisements

Me, never, the country is too unsafe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 01:24 PM

597 posts, read 1,298,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
I have seen grenade launchers used in shootouts between the police and the drugdealers in Brazil. I have never seen drugdealers in the U.S fire grenade launchers at the police. Why do you think I compare these shootouts in Brazil with Afghanistan, it is because they literally do resemble a warzone or the final scene of Scarface where Tony Montana used a grenade launcher on the Bolivian drugdealers.
Hi Tiger Blood,

How many times have you visited Brazil??
If you've been here, how many times have you been robbed or shot??
How many times have you seen a "shooting" or a grenade launchers in the streets??
I think you know nothing about Brazil.
You know Brazil just on TV. (CNN, Fox News, CBS, etc..)

Old 04-21-2011, 03:08 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Just like most Americans in the US, most Brazilians in Brazil never experience violent crime in their whole lives. There are dangerous parts of town in most countries, and usually people are so reasonable as to avoid them.
Not going to Brazil because of violence is like stopping to go by plane because a plane crash in the news

Old 04-21-2011, 03:11 PM

678 posts, read 1,205,145 times
I must support my country now. I've seen that footage file, but, it doesn't happen all the time(at least not using greandes). About shootings, I've never seen one before, and I do live near slums, just one time near 2008 christmas, I heard a murder(4 shoots on a guy involved with drugs) one street down. But that's just because I avoid staying awake on streets at dead of night. That's the secret to live here, to act like a "George Bush", avoiding unknown places, unknown times, unknown ones, then if you're lucky, you won't get shot.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:10 PM

950 posts, read 1,515,034 times
On average why are drugdealers in Brazil less afraid of the police, compared to drugdealers in the U.S. Most drugdealers in the U.S try to avoid at all costs starting a fullout shooting war with the police. While in Brazil most drugdealers don't fear the police, so they welcome a shooting war with the police. In Brazil the police probably fear the drugdealers more than the drugdealers fear the police, lol.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
On average why are drugdealers in Brazil less afraid of the police, compared to drugdealers in the U.S. Most drugdealers in the U.S try to avoid at all costs starting a fullout shooting war with the police. While in Brazil most drugdealers don't fear the police, so they welcome a shooting war with the police. In Brazil the police probably fear the drugdealers more than the drugdealers fear the police, lol.
There's a lot more undescribed here. Sometimes, cops are corrupts and work for both sides, sumtimes police is unarmed and unprepared to act without provoking collateral damage, sometimes slums are real unbreakable strongholds. But to me the root of those questions are "human rights". Always when local police is under fire, dealing with hostage keepers, trying to break into a slum, or even on a simple blitz, atones it. It seems to me absurd when you can hit back only after taking a shot. Because our police only pull the trigger if they were fighted before. To me people who threaten others they lost their right to keep living and US police seems to think so. And as it turns out, thinking like this makes murder rate decrease.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:43 PM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
Quote:
Seems like the U.S. police also give the drugdealers in the U.S. a wide berth as well. So many of them. Having lived in plenty of shady U.S. neighborhoods, absolutely everyone knows which houses are the crack houses on your street. The police must know as well, but for whatever reason, they just leave them alone.

Same with drug-infected areas, where as a regular person, you know drugs are rampant there. Yet, they just become well-known rampant drug areas, and the american authorities just let it be.

I'm more concerned with traffic violations, which is where the U.S. police force seems to spend all of their time, extracting money from good-paying civilians trying to get back and from work.

I really wish they spent more time cracking down on drug dealers, but I guess there isn't much profit in that

Old 04-22-2011, 06:54 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,607,320 times
only if i had a lot of money. brazil is expensive

Old 04-22-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
only if i had a lot of money. brazil is expensive
Brazil's not that expensive. If you choose a little less comfortable places to stay inn.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:59 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,607,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardobrazil View Post
Brazil's not that expensive. If you choose a little less comfortable places to stay inn.
is it possible to rent a room in sao paulo for r$50/day?

i remember checking nightlife prices and its crazy expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas