Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 01:01 PM

11 posts, read 78,685 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. Lately we've been toying around with the idea of moving to another country. It's not very likely we will do it, but I'd like some insider information, just for fun.

What is the social/nightlife like in Argentina?

What about the education and intelligence of people?

Best cities to live and why?

And any other info you might want to share. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 10:24 AM

1 posts, read 16,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrbwannabe View Post
Hey everyone. Lately we've been toying around with the idea of moving to another country. It's not very likely we will do it, but I'd like some insider information, just for fun.

What is the social/nightlife like in Argentina?

What about the education and intelligence of people?

Best cities to live and why?

And any other info you might want to share. Thanks.
I live in Brazil.Does it help??

Old 04-07-2007, 10:58 PM

16 posts, read 83,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenaglia View Post
I live in Brazil.Does it help??
Hi there. You should come down to Coconut Creek Florida. More and more brazilians are moving here and you would feel right at home. You can get a home for under $100K and enjoy our warm beaches and sunny weather.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:03 AM

20 posts, read 142,089 times
Argentina is alot of fun I was there often years ago. As far as a place to live you should look into Chile it is also very nice there.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:45 PM

227 posts, read 728,377 times
What is the social/nightlife like in Argentina? Where in Argentina are you thinking about going to? If you want to head to a place like Mendoza, it's very quiet and more laid back. Buenos Aires on the other hand is like a major European city with tons of cafes, museums, fine dining, and of course...tango dancing. However, there are also other types of dancing like swing dancing. Major movies are available in the theaters in english and spanish. You had better like a late night though because things really get revved up at around 11:00 when most Argentines start to eat dinner at the restaurants. It's even common to see kids out with the families at that hour.

What about the education and intelligence of people? Very highly educated population.

Best cities to live and why? Really there aren't too many choices for cities. You have cordoba which is in the middle of the country and is well known for its universities, mendoza near the Andes mountains - laid back city, great for outdoor enthusiasts, and Buenos Aires - the major port city, and...a city. It really does depend upon the type of life you're looking for.

I hope this helps. If you want other information, you might want to check out my blog Moving to Argentina at http://movingtoargentina.typepad.com

Laura

Old 05-08-2007, 08:14 PM

222 posts, read 691,235 times
Default wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphos View Post
What is the social/nightlife like in Argentina? Where in Argentina are you thinking about going to? If you want to head to a place like Mendoza, it's very quiet and more laid back. Buenos Aires on the other hand is like a major European city with tons of cafes, museums, fine dining, and of course...tango dancing. However, there are also other types of dancing like swing dancing. Major movies are available in the theaters in english and spanish. You had better like a late night though because things really get revved up at around 11:00 when most Argentines start to eat dinner at the restaurants. It's even common to see kids out with the families at that hour.

What about the education and intelligence of people? Very highly educated population.

Best cities to live and why? Really there aren't too many choices for cities. You have cordoba which is in the middle of the country and is well known for its universities, mendoza near the Andes mountains - laid back city, great for outdoor enthusiasts, and Buenos Aires - the major port city, and...a city. It really does depend upon the type of life you're looking for.

I hope this helps. If you want other information, you might want to check out my blog Moving to Argentina at http://movingtoargentina.typepad.com

Laura
Will or are you going to teach your baby all 5 languages? nice website

Old 05-13-2007, 09:20 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,799,265 times
Argentina? Why? Heard of the economic collapse a few years back.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:05 PM

655 posts, read 2,183,233 times
^Supposedly, they've bounced back.

Either way, wouldn't that just mean cheaper prices?

Old 06-22-2007, 09:23 AM

18 posts, read 109,342 times
Default Argentina is the best in South America

Argentina is a great country to visit and live in. Four climates, mountains, sea, hills, snow, whatever you want. You can choose among cosmopolitan cities such as Buenos Aires (called the Paris of South America), Cordoba, Rosario, Mar del Plata and the whole southern region called Patagonia. There was an economic recession back in 2002 but the country is so rich that the economy is steady and growing up now. People? The best! 99% descend from Europeans and you will not know if you in France, Italy or Argentina. I am an American who was down there for one month and now, came back to the US to pick up my family and move down there definitely.

Don't waste your time in Brazil or Chile? Brazil is one of the most dangerous countries in the world, people starving down the street and crime. Very low education, not comparable to Argentina. Think that brazilians save money throughout the year just to purchase their mardigrass costume! I have been in Sao Paulo and Rio and I almost got shooted in a restaurant. My co-workers and I rushed out to the hotel and went back to Buenos Aries immediately.

Chile? It is like Arizona, dessertic, boring and their people are arrogant and not trustable.

Just stick with Argentina. This is my place in the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustla718 View Post
Argentina? Why? Heard of the economic collapse a few years back.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:26 AM

18 posts, read 109,342 times
Default Social/night life in Argentina

It is funny when I hear that NY is the city that never sleeps. Go to Argentina. Enjoy the nightlife of Buenos Aires. The options are so wide that you will need to live down there to enjoy all of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas