Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 01:00 PM

119 posts, read 172,819 times

Advertisements

What happens to some illegal immigrants from Central America when traveling to the US by land is that they get killed by gang members in Mexico. It happened to my friend's uncle when I was just a kid. After that he would make insult comments about mexicans in general and I also noticed a lot of hatred his family had for mexicans but it wasn't just him, it was other hispanics too that weren't even from Central America but that's another story. My dad's friend's son was also killed this year. It never happened to anyone in my family. If it did my first thought would be revenge. Do other Central Americans do this to the people who have to pass their country to get to the US? Do they kill them?

Last edited by JohnnyRobert; 07-04-2014 at 02:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 01:45 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Well, there's a lot of gang warfare going on in El Salvador and Honduras. I haven't heard about it in Guatemala, and I know some Guatemalans. But Central Americans have been trash-talking Mexicans for generations, it's not necessarily related to incidents like the ones you cite.

Old 07-04-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, there's a lot of gang warfare going on in El Salvador and Honduras. I haven't heard about it in Guatemala, and I know some Guatemalans. But Central Americans have been trash-talking Mexicans for generations, it's not necessarily related to incidents like the ones you cite.
I don't mean the trash talking, I mean do Central Americans kill immigrants who are passing their country to get to the US?

Old 07-04-2014, 02:32 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRobert View Post
I don't mean the trash talking, I mean do Central Americans kill immigrants who are passing their country to get to the US?
I just posted there are killings going on in neighboring countries to Guatemala. Whether the gangs target migrants, I couldn't say. But it's pretty violent down there, so I'm sure some migrants die in the crossfire. Guatemalans don't do that, though. Costa Ricans don't. The main problem seems to be in Honduras and El Salvador. (Where there was major US involvement, no coincidence.)

Old 07-04-2014, 03:03 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,407,761 times
No, for the most part Central American migrants can travel through other central American countries with no problem. They can enter each others countries legally and don't need to be hiding or riding trains.

Unfortunately, there is alot of Central American criminals in Southern Mexico (mostly Salvadoreans) that target migrants travelling North.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
No, for the most part Central American migrants can travel through other central American countries with no problem. They can enter each others countries legally and don't need to be hiding or riding trains.

Unfortunately, there is alot of Central American criminals in Southern Mexico (mostly Salvadoreans) that target migrants travelling North.
maybe they do this for revenge? that makes sense, thanks for commenting, it all makes sense now

Old 07-04-2014, 06:18 PM

They attack other central americans for revenge? I doubt it.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:07 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,900,630 times
No way, but they might get caught up in other criminal activities if they are crossing borders illegally, I could see gangs trying to take advantage of the illegal immigrants and try to force them to smuggle narcotics or whatever. There is an incredible amount of gang violence, especially in El Salvador and Honduras. I do know some central Americans don't like Mexicans, but I don't really know why. I've been to both those countries and it seems like everyone knows someone who has died from gang violence.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:33 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,794,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
No way, but they might get caught up in other criminal activities if they are crossing borders illegally, I could see gangs trying to take advantage of the illegal immigrants and try to force them to smuggle narcotics or whatever. There is an incredible amount of gang violence, especially in El Salvador and Honduras. I do know some central Americans don't like Mexicans, but I don't really know why. I've been to both those countries and it seems like everyone knows someone who has died from gang violence.
Interesting how they ignore the Mexicans who set-up houses for them to sleep in while traveling through the train routes. The Mexican women who prepare food for them at many stops with no monetary compensation, or donate toiletries and clothes. The Mexicans in border areas who are trying to figure out what do with children who don't make it across to the US and are staying in Mexico. I have friends in Tijuana doing this work, many children centers are overwhelmed. Mexicans who are urging to the Mexican govt that this is a humanitarian crisis to get aid money.

Mexico has its own poverty and violence problems to solve. Now, on top of that, there are thousands and thousands of Central Americans living in Mexico. They are creating their own shantytowns in Mexico City by train tracks. Some are good, some are also violent criminals.

Frankly I am tired of that hate they spew towards Mexicans. Mexicans have their own serious problems to deal with, now they inherit this problem and on top of that, hate. Grow up. Why don't they hate their governments and the violent gangs in their country with the same amount of passion?

Old 07-05-2014, 03:20 PM

Central Americans don't hate Mexicans. The only Central Americans that I know of that have some problems with Mexicans are Salvadoreans but its not all Salvadoreans and definitely not other Central Americans. I am of Central American background, I have absolutely nothing against Mexicans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post

Mexico has its own poverty and violence problems to solve. Now, on top of that, there are thousands and thousands of Central Americans living in Mexico. They are creating their own shantytowns in Mexico City by train tracks. Some are good, some are also violent criminals.

Frankly I am tired of that hate they spew towards Mexicans. Mexicans have their own serious problems to deal with, now they inherit this problem and on top of that, hate. Grow up. Why don't they hate their governments and the violent gangs in their country with the same amount of passion?

Funny, I have heard Americans say similar things about Mexicans. Only difference is its Millions not thousands and Americans don't seem to hate Mexicans as much as Mexicans hate Central Americans. The number of Central Americans actually living in Mexico is very small. Most Central Americans in Mexico are trying to reach the U.S, not stay in Mexico.

And I agree with the last part you wrote, illegal immigration should not be viewed as something acceptable in our countries, people should try to change their socities. Its good advice for Mexicans too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas