Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 01:20 PM

485 posts, read 2,244,867 times

Advertisements

Also I want to state that this is just Spanish speaking Latin America, no Brazil, Guyana, Suriname, Belize, Haiti, or Quebec.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 01:23 PM

Though other cities are catching up (such as Guadalajara), I would say for Mexico, Monterrey is the nicest looking from the ones I've seen. I kind've want to also put in Queretaro City and parts of Mexico City in there too.

For Colombia, I've heard it's Medellin and Bogota. I heard that Chilean cities are waay up there.

Old 01-07-2014, 12:50 AM

195 posts, read 441,022 times
Buenos Aires, Santiago, Montevideo.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:38 AM

1,212 posts, read 1,432,907 times
Miami

Old 01-07-2014, 10:28 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Falcon View Post
Miami

I'm not sure Miami can be considered organized lol

Old 01-07-2014, 10:35 AM

643 posts, read 917,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseanto071 View Post
Though other cities are catching up (such as Guadalajara), I would say for Mexico, Monterrey is the nicest looking from the ones I've seen. I kind've want to also put in Queretaro City and parts of Mexico City in there too.

For Colombia, I've heard it's Medellin and Bogota. I heard that Chilean cities are waay up there.
Bogota has parts that are as nice and clean as San Francisco and parts that are third world. The roads and public transit are definitely not organized though.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by California831 View Post
Bogota has parts that are as nice and clean as San Francisco and parts that are third world. The roads and public transit are definitely not organized though.

I think a big thing of Bogota (and many parts of Colombia) that keep it from looking advanced is the amount of red brick buildings that you see. So much of Colombia looks gloomy because of this.

However, you're right. Colombia is pretty nice, and in the main cities the roads are actually not too bad. The problem is when you're going between cities.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:49 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,821,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antma robel View Post
Buenos Aires, Santiago, Montevideo.
No way Buenos Aires!

Santiago and Montevideo yes.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I think a big thing of Bogota (and many parts of Colombia) that keep it from looking advanced is the amount of red brick buildings that you see. So much of Colombia looks gloomy because of this.

However, you're right. Colombia is pretty nice, and in the main cities the roads are actually not too bad. The problem is when you're going between cities.
I would have to agree. Even though I haven't been to Colombia, I've seen my pretty large share of pictures of Medellin and Bogota on the Internet and on Google Earth. Most of the buildings are pretty boring and only have red brick like you said. Also I saw just colors of buildings that are just limited to white, grey, brown, yellowish tan....I thought that Latin cultures liked bright, saturated colors...Nothing like Mexico.

In Mexico you would have houses that have bright, vibrant and saturated colors and have pretty much all of the colors of the color spectrum.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseanto071 View Post
I would have to agree. Even though I haven't been to Colombia, I've seen my pretty large share of pictures of Medellin and Bogota on the Internet and on Google Earth. Most of the buildings are pretty boring and only have red brick like you said. Also I saw just colors of buildings that are just limited to white, grey, brown, yellowish tan....I thought that Latin cultures liked bright, saturated colors...Nothing like Mexico.

In Mexico you would have houses that have bright, vibrant and saturated colors and have pretty much all of the colors of the color spectrum.

Yeah, even if you've never been there the pictures are pretty much what it looks like. Many parts of Colombia have a very "gritty" feel about them. That for me was also kind of a little charm of the place though. Hard to explain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas