Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 03:18 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,577,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I agree that Brazil and the U.S. have racism, I will never refute that. I saw it all the time in Brazil.

I'm also VERY well aware of the fact that most blacks in the US do NOT have any interest in dating white males in particular. That is very clear, as a white male who is interested in black women. Most black women want black males. I would 100% agree with that. That is a very common theme across the U.S.

But as a white male who DOES find black females very attractive, than NYC is probably THE best U.S. city to find someone interested back. You seldom find that anywhere else in the U.S. It's not the norm in NYC, but it exists in NYC.

You ought to go to the suburbs if that interests you. Black women raised among whites have fewer issues, and are less likely to think that whites in general and white men in particular are a bore (yes the "cool" black man has the reciprocal image in the "corny" white man). The issue is that the white "style" and the black "style" is quite different.

It doesn't rise to major cultural differences, but there is way too much baggage between the two groups, and most people just don't want to be bothered.

Through no fault of their own most white Americans (and Europeans) have a problem in adjusting to others, and so can create awkward events when they mix with the type of black person who doesn't pander to them (blacks in the USA usually don't, unlike those in Europe, where they have to as the communities are much smaller). This is because these whites are almost always in settings where whites dominate and others must adjust. So when this isn't the case they feel awkward.

I cite an example a Jamaican woman who I know who has a white husband. She usually doesn't take him to Jamaican gatherings, except where they know him. The interactions become too stilted and she doesn't get to enjoy herself as she must "chaperone" him.

In fact statistically your best chances will be in LA. But for most of these NY black women, a white man will be acceptable when they have come to terms with the fact that they can't find a suitable black man.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:53 AM

94,107 posts, read 124,939,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
You ought to go to the suburbs if that interests you. Black women raised among whites have fewer issues, and are less likely to think that whites in general and white men in particular are a bore (yes the "cool" black man has the reciprocal image in the "corny" white man). The issue is that the white "style" and the black "style" is quite different.

It doesn't rise to major cultural differences, but there is way too much baggage between the two groups, and most people just don't want to be bothered.

Through no fault of their own most white Americans (and Europeans) have a problem in adjusting to others, and so can create awkward events when they mix with the type of black person who doesn't pander to them (blacks in the USA usually don't, unlike those in Europe, where they have to as the communities are much smaller). This is because these whites are almost always in settings where whites dominate and others must adjust. So when this isn't the case they feel awkward.

I cite an example a Jamaican woman who I know who has a white husband. She usually doesn't take him to Jamaican gatherings, except where they know him. The interactions become too stilted and she doesn't get to enjoy herself as she must "chaperone" him.

In fact statistically your best chances will be in LA. But for most of these NY black women, a white man will be acceptable when they have come to terms with the fact that they can't find a suitable black man.
To be honest, it just depends on the woman, but you make valid points. I think it depends on where they are from or where they live and preference. With the latter, it may not be that they don't like White males or even find some attractive, but they just have a preference towards Black men and other men of color.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas