Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 10:07 PM

125 posts, read 206,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK Brown. View Post
To bad you don't understand Spanish, but in this report Emilia Ferreiro an Argenmex explains what she had to do to get the education levels of up specially in Brazil and rural areas of Latin america.
YOUTube

Try not to believe what communist countries reports publicate, as a norm is propagandistic and misleading.
The more suspicious you take the reports the better you get the reality.

Saludos.

Emilia is an Argentinian teacher who lives in Mexico, hence Argenmex, She fled Argentina due to the Military coup backed by the CIA.

The Reference I gave in my last post was from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, not by some political organization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2014, 01:10 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,768,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK Brown. View Post

Try not to believe what communist countries reports publicate, as a norm is propagandistic and misleading.
The more suspicious you take the reports the better you get the reality.

Saludos.
Brazil is nowhere near a communist country. In case you've been asleep for 20 years communism pretty much went the way of the Berlin Wall and the collapse of the Soviet Union circa the early 1990's.

The only 5 countries left in the world that are remotely communist: North Korea, China, Cuba, Vietnam and Laos. None are located in South America. And of course, China these days is a far cry from Marxist/Leninist or even Mao's teachings.

Old 11-11-2014, 11:14 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,791,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diet1 View Post
According to the world education index most South American countries have a low to mid 90% education index not far behind the US. Now there are lots of countries in the world that have 50% 60% education index or even lower but not in South America. It seems that you have run into lots of poor under educated immigrants in the US that you imagine that it is all there is; you are definitely mistaken.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_Index]Education Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]
South America is diverse, therefore, the education standards in each country are different.

In my experience, it is rare to hear from a South American that their education system is good.

For example, one of the huge hampering factors in Brazil's progress is education. From studies and from what I have heard from the countless Brazilians I have met in my life, unless you have a good amount of money, education there is dismal.

Relying on these types of statistics is very short sighted.

Also those 'poor, undereducated' migrants you referred to are many times alot smarter than so-called 'educated people.' They save their cash to invest in businesses and for retirement, while the educated spend on Starbucks, flashy toys, and keeping up with the Joneses.

Old 11-11-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Latin America's leftists have an absurd paranoia that the Yankee Gringo imperialists are trying to overthrow them. If we want to overthrow them we would have done it by now ...

Any opposition to their policies is surely the work of the CIA and their Western European counterparts ... and not due to their failed economic polices and repressive methods
Oh Lord, put down the war toys and get back to reality.

Vietnam was a failure. Iraq is a huge, disastrous mess, and these outcomes were PREDICTED years ago by history experts. Central America is worst off now.

The idea that the U.S. can do whatever they want with their military might, and that they can 'fix' and 'control' other countries is a pompous fantasy. It is time this reality is accepted and that money is spent on more important things like health insurance and higher education.

Old 11-11-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
It is obvious that the US was involved in supporting and funding some of these dictatorships, they even did it as late as the early 80's when Reagan supported the Contras in Nicaragua and often called them "freedom fighters".

The problem I have with Brazilian history is the idea that the military dictatorship was a countermeasure against a bunch of "good and well intentioned" people. This is total and complete BS.

What Joao Goulart and all the other guerilla people had in mind was to implement a Soviet style Commmunist dictatorship, the militants were involved in urban guerilla and all types of domestic terrorism so yes, the military dictatorship was an extreme countermeasure to stop Communism.

Due to ignorance and lack of education, many Brazilians believe that people like Dilma Rousseff were fighting for "freedom and democracy".

I mean, do you know any Communist country where there is freedom and democracy?
Well, there is a wave of extreme liberalism that many Latin Americans subscribe to that I do not agree with. You are right about that. They blame many things on the US and romanticize Cuba.

As I mentioned in another post, facts are facts, regardless of political views. The Cuban revolution is a failure to the people of Cuba. There is something very wrong with a society when highly educated people cannot find work and can barely support themselves, or where they have to deal with hipocritical/demeaning society rules imposed on them.

Venezuela is a big hot mess as well.

In general, how long can you have people getting by solely with support programs? How can a country be run well by extremists of any type?

The roots of many of these societies problems are extreme corruption and nepotism. This and a lack of education for society as a whole. It seems like these are not the problems being addressed, and that is a huge issue.

Old 06-12-2015, 01:57 PM

150 posts, read 165,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
I'm Brazilian and I'm very very very HAPPY with the result.

Dilma Rousseff is an EXTRAORDINARY president, and I'm sure the next 4 years will be even better than her first 4 years.
Should I laugh at this?

Old 08-10-2015, 10:35 AM

209 posts, read 304,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
I'm Brazilian and I'm very very very HAPPY with the result.

Dilma Rousseff is an EXTRAORDINARY president, and I'm sure the next 4 years will be even better than her first 4 years.
EXTRAORDINARY president.

Bump.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:56 PM

209 posts, read 304,211 times
Extraordinary, mala?

Old 08-17-2015, 12:57 PM

3,977 posts, read 6,784,942 times
Yes, extraordinary.

The first president to ever let the police do its job, and investigate the powerful corrupts.

When did you imagine to see the president of giant construction corporations like Camargo Correa and Odebrecht to be in jail?

It's only a pity that the police has free hands to investigate everything, but the Judiciary will block all investigations when the corrupts are mayors and governors from the right wing oppostion parties.

And about the temporary economic crisis, it was MUCH WORSE in 2001, when the right-wing "small government" clown Fernando Henrique Cardoso was the president. At that time we didn't even have electricity, thanks to the "apagão". Too bad the corrupt Judiciary will never let the police investigate all the corruption from that time.

Old 08-17-2015, 01:04 PM

3,977 posts, read 6,784,942 times
The error of the Worker's Party (the current ruling party) was to follow the same terrible ethical standards of the right wing parties that ruled before.

José Dirceu is a corrupt man, and he kept the same old corruption schemes from the government of Fernando Henrique Cardoso (and before).

I don't know if Lula knew about the schemes coordinated by José Dirceu, there is no evidence that Lula knew, but it's possible that he knew, and accepted it in the name of "governability".

But I have no doubt that Dilma Rousseff has much higher ethical standards. She would never connive with corruption if she knew about anything. If corruption is being unveiled now in Brazil it's because the government of Dilma Rousseff is letting the police do its job without any interference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas