Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 05:29 PM

8 posts, read 13,075 times

Advertisements

I think that Costa Rica, is the better option. First and foremost it is much safer than Brazil. And Costa Rica, really has so much to offer. Pristine white sand beaches. Wild, endless rainforest. The people are the nicest folk and my trip there is my fondest memory. You are guaranteed to love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 05:32 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,027,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturefreakk View Post
I think that Costa Rica, is the better option. First and foremost it is much safer than Brazil. And Costa Rica, really has so much to offer. Pristine white sand beaches. Wild, endless rainforest. The people are the nicest folk and my trip there is my fondest memory. You are guaranteed to love it.
Thank you naturefreakk, my husband is also a huge nature lover too so he may prefer Costa Rica to escape to

Old 06-15-2015, 06:09 PM

85 posts, read 122,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Falcon View Post
Never listen to someone from São Paulo when the subject is Rio.
I love Rio. Not in December, January and February, though. Too much money for a crowd experience. Too much time wasted in a city extra durty, with extra people, with all it's usual trouble aggravated by glidings and floodings that come with the rains. I just could never understand how this can be pleasant to someone. Specially when we know there is the option of a entire Brasil that has so much more to offer. And, for your knowledge, not just Rio - I think the same of all the beaches of Southeast of Brasil in the summer.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:23 PM

1,212 posts, read 1,433,040 times
Bla Bla Bla

Old 06-15-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Falcon View Post
Bla Bla Bla
I would love to go to Brasil during Olympic season!!! OMG that would be my dream come true! Especially since my birthday is in July!!!

Old 06-15-2015, 08:35 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,791,347 times
It really depends on what you are looking for.

If you want a chill time go to Costa Rica. I traveled for a month around the whole country and it was great. You have mountains (cloud forest), lots of wildlife, a Caribbean coast, beautiful rain forest.

If you want more nightlife, action, vibrant music, you go to Rio. Brazilian culture is unique and you should be fine as long as you take proper precautions.

You also mentioned Riviera Maya, Mexico, which is amazing as well- you get to experience Mayan culture/food, amazing Mayan ruins, and beautiful beaches.

I think the safest of the 3 is the Riviera Maya.

All great options- I would say it is hard to choose between the 3. I have been all over Costa Rica and all over Mexico, and will be in Rio in August.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
It really depends on what you are looking for.

If you want a chill time go to Costa Rica. I traveled for a month around the whole country and it was great. You have mountains (cloud forest), lots of wildlife, a Caribbean coast, beautiful rain forest.

If you want more nightlife, action, vibrant music, you go to Rio. Brazilian culture is unique and you should be fine as long as you take proper precautions.

You also mentioned Riviera Maya, Mexico, which is amazing as well- you get to experience Mayan culture/food, amazing Mayan ruins, and beautiful beaches.

I think the safest of the 3 is the Riviera Maya.

All great options- I would say it is hard to choose between the 3. I have been all over Costa Rica and all over Mexico, and will be in Rio in August.
Thank you for sharing your insight! It is valued & please come back & let us know how Rio was!

Old 06-16-2015, 03:26 AM

Not just for you, but for anyone that may be interested, it will be a totally different experience.
Christmas lights give a magic vibration to Petropolis, many people come to town to visit relatives this season, the hot afternoons with cool nights even in summers... Its a very romantic experience.
Rio has an unique vibe on summers. New year in Copacabana is an experience for the whole life.
There are other very interesting Reveillons. If you choose to stay in Buzios you can watch the fireworks in Cabo Frio. It's a region that once you go, you want to come back many times.

The other regions you mentioned seems very beautiful, but who knows Rio knows that in this season it's the place of the world to be.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:08 AM

3,977 posts, read 6,784,942 times
Everything that you can find in Costa Rica, you can find in Brazil.

It's a matter of logic: Brazil is much bigger than Costa Rica.

There are several "Costa Ricas" in Northeastern Brazil and even in the state of Rio de Janeiro.

Problem is: foreign visitors usually don't know anything about Brazil. They often just know Rio and nothing more.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:48 AM

I personaly never heard anything about Christmas and New Year's festivities in Costa Rica! How are they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas