Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 05:58 AM

186 posts, read 128,604 times

Advertisements

Just read this, it says here El Salvador saved 50,000 Jews. What other Hispanic countries helped saved the lives of Jewish people during the Holocaust?

When El Salvador Saved Thousands Of Hungarian Jewish Refugees In World War II | The Huffington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 05:38 AM

43,619 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Bolivia seems to have helped.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...ews_in_Bolivia

Old 01-14-2017, 02:08 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Good topic. Thanks, OP!

Old 01-14-2017, 02:47 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,049,050 times
I enjoyed the article very much until the last couple of paragraphs. It was nice to learn something new, but then the author added a political twist to it. A twist that was very much out of place.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:48 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
Monica Lewinsky's Father was born in El Salvador. I believe his family were Jewish refugees to El Salvador during this time period.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:16 PM

1,478 posts, read 787,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerInstinct View Post
Just read this, it says here El Salvador saved 50,000 Jews. What other Hispanic countries helped saved the lives of Jewish people during the Holocaust?

When El Salvador Saved Thousands Of Hungarian Jewish Refugees In World War II | The Huffington Post

I suspect El Salvador was working covertly on behalf of the local Bishops of the Catholic Church as well as the Bishops and Pope Pius the 12th themselves in Vatican City in Rome.

The Vatican helped run an "Underground Railroad" for Jews in Europe to Latin America and the USA. The Vatican itself had Jews sleeping besides statutes and priceless art work in the Vatican when the German Hazis occupied Rome. The Pope suspected he would be kidnapped and supposedly gave orders to his fellow Bishops that in such an event, and under presumably his own torture, that they were to hold session somewhere and elect a new Pope.

The problem with looking into the El Savadorian rescue of Jews is that it may lead you down roads and knowledge you may not be prepared to read, hear or accept. It may shake the foundations of the world you think you know and are comfortable in knowing. You see, new awareness cones with a price innocent ignorance shields and relieves one from. Once you know you can no longer use the justification to God Almighty that you were utterly unaware. A Matrix movie kind of thing being offered to take one if two pills offered.

Secular Americans like to act as if Albert Einstein was soooooooooo smart and well informed as well as observant.

This is what the observant ethnic Jewish Albert Einstein observed and stated about those years. And it may shake the comfortable foundation one has via the propaganda they receive by books like "Hitler's Pope" and thinking Americans were the sole salavation of Jews and mankind back then (nota bene: the Pope and Vatican with no Air Force, Navy, or Marine Corps were in the uncomfortable position of opposing both communism and nazism, where as the US Government and the Brits allied themselves with communist Russia. Poland itself found itself fighting both the Germany nazis on side and the communist Russians on another side. Any interesting position to be in.)

https://exlaodicea.wordpress.com/200...tholic-church/

Quote:
"Being a lover of freedom, when the revolution came in Germany, I looked to the universities to defend it, knowing that they had always boasted of their devotion to the cause of truth; but, no, the universities immediately were silenced. Then I looked to the great editors of the newspapers whose flaming editorials in days gone by had proclaimed their love of freedom; but they, like the universities, were silenced in a few short weeks….
Only the Church stood squarely across the path of Hitler’s campaign for suppressing truth. I never had any special interest in the Church before, but now I feel a great affection and admiration because the Church alone has had the courage and persistence to stand for intellectual truth and moral freedom. I am forced thus to confess that what I once despised I now praise unreservedly."
– Albert Einstein, Time magazine, 23rd December, 1940 p. 38

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BHXWHFLQW7k

So, in this video below, the Pope convinced the Dominican Republic to take in escaping Jews.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1ji_rjFKW7Q

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RDPi1SZ7XNI
Quote:
Pius XIIs secret network to help save Jews discovered
Basically, the Church helped Jews escape by getting countries to grant them passports and the Church giving the escaping Jews money. The Church of course had strong ties with Latin America back then.

In this effort, El Salvador, the Vatican, were all probably loosely connected indirectly to this devote Catholic from a noble Germany family who lost one eye and one arm fighting for Hilter and Germany during WWII. He was later to become part of a plot to kill Hitler. Nazi Germans later found a document from the Pope himself, stashed by this German coup, granting approval for the overthrow of Adolf Hitler. Supposedly the Pope was apprised of the plot to kill Hitler.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UNEbGa7UJWY
Quote:
VALKYRIE
FoxHomeEntertainment UK 3,257 views

Old 01-14-2017, 09:41 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
I suspect El Salvador was working covertly on behalf of the local Bishops of the Catholic Church as well as the Bishops and Pope Pius the 12th themselves in Vatican City in Rome.

The Vatican helped run an "Underground Railroad" for Jews in Europe to Latin America and the USA. The Vatican itself had Jews sleeping besides statutes and priceless art work in the Vatican when the German Hazis occupied Rome. The Pope suspected he would be kidnapped and supposedly gave orders to his fellow Bishops that in such an event, and under presumably his own torture, that they were to hold session somewhere and elect a new Pope.

The problem with looking into the El Savadorian rescue of Jews is that it may lead you down roads and knowledge you may not be prepared to read, hear or accept. It may shake the foundations of the world you think you know and are comfortable in knowing. You see, new awareness cones with a price innocent ignorance shields and relieves one from. Once you know you can no longer use the justification to God Almighty that you were utterly unaware. A Matrix movie kind of thing being offered to take one if two pills offered.

Secular Americans like to act as if Albert Einstein was soooooooooo smart and well informed as well as observant.

This is what the observant ethnic Jewish Albert Einstein observed and stated about those years. And it may shake the comfortable foundation one has via the propaganda they receive by books like "Hitler's Pope" and thinking Americans were the sole salavation of Jews and mankind back then (nota bene: the Pope and Vatican with no Air Force, Navy, or Marine Corps were in the uncomfortable position of opposing both communism and nazism, where as the US Government and the Brits allied themselves with communist Russia. Poland itself found itself fighting both the Germany nazis on side and the communist Russians on another side. Any interesting position to be in.)

https://exlaodicea.wordpress.com/200...tholic-church/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BHXWHFLQW7k

So, in this video below, the Pope convinced the Dominican Republic to take in escaping Jews.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1ji_rjFKW7Q

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RDPi1SZ7XNI

Basically, the Church helped Jews escape by getting countries to grant them passports and the Church giving the escaping Jews money. The Church of course had strong ties with Latin America back then.

In this effort, El Salvador, the Vatican, were all probably loosely connected indirectly to this devote Catholic from a noble Germany family who lost one eye and one arm fighting for Hilter and Germany during WWII. He was later to become part of a plot to kill Hitler. Nazi Germans later found a document from the Pope himself, stashed by this German coup, granting approval for the overthrow of Adolf Hitler. Supposedly the Pope was apprised of the plot to kill Hitler.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UNEbGa7UJWY
What is so shocking about any of this?

Old 01-15-2017, 07:36 AM

839 posts, read 3,070,864 times
It's rewarding to hear stories like this one, but anyway it shouldn't be so surprising that a Hispanic country has helped the Jews escape the Nazis. El Salvador wasn't the only one. Latin America received a lot of Jew escapees at that time. I would have assumed this is common knowledge, but it seems it isn't so in the USA. Instead, the sad fact that there were also many Nazis escaping to some Latin American countries has received much more global coverage over the years, to the point that for some Americans the thought of a Hispanic country helping the Jews in any way seems unconceivable. For me this is really weird. In fact, I think that the number of Jews who fled to Latin America to find the freedom and peace they were escaping from was much larger than the number of Nazis who came to Latin America fleeing from legal trials.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:45 AM

186 posts, read 128,604 times
I found thid video of a man from Argentina living in El Salvador who is in a group of Salvadorians who I guess are part Jewish

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aHocbXAOe5U

Old 01-15-2017, 04:41 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,049,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfel View Post
It's rewarding to hear stories like this one, but anyway it shouldn't be so surprising that a Hispanic country has helped the Jews escape the Nazis. El Salvador wasn't the only one. Latin America received a lot of Jew escapees at that time. I would have assumed this is common knowledge, but it seems it isn't so in the USA. Instead, the sad fact that there were also many Nazis escaping to some Latin American countries has received much more global coverage over the years, to the point that for some Americans the thought of a Hispanic country helping the Jews in any way seems unconceivable. For me this is really weird. In fact, I think that the number of Jews who fled to Latin America to find the freedom and peace they were escaping from was much larger than the number of Nazis who came to Latin America fleeing from legal trials.
It is indeed common knowledge. There are plenty of Cuban and Argentinian Jews living in the US. Their story is no secret. However, I was unaware that so many Jews were assisted by El Salvador. During my travels in Central America, I only met a handful of Jews. The only one who told me his story said that his family immigrated to Costa Rica via Argentina and originally from Germany.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas