Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 10:38 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Falcon View Post
They are bought by the dancers before the Carnival and then they keep them.

Did you go to Colombia?

Sorry .. never say this. Yes. I did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 10:41 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold15 View Post
I've read through this thread. Some friends and I are visiting Brazil for Carnival in February 2018. We are about to buy tickets for one of the parades at Sambadrome. I'm still a little unclear on one thing.

Question: Is there a way (opportunity) to see a parade with all the eccentric costuming without going to the official competition parades at Sambadrome? Just curious before we spend hundreds of dollars on parade tickets. We are really interested in seeing the extravagant costumes in an outdoor setting, moreso than the competitions.
Personally if you dont plan on going back to Brazil again and again I would spend the money to see the realy proper event or your will likely regret it later.

Don't forget to post some photos when you come back.
P.S. Really jealous!!!

Have fun!!!! (No point saying that as how could you not have fun!!! )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas