Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 05:05 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,721,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Pueblofuerte is an a stalker type. Noted. Thanks.
Clever, how many times did you have to edit your post to come out with that creative comment?

Thanks for introducing me to a great channel by the way. Maybe you should show this to some of your sad, old, sex tourist male friends in your circle so they can take in some culture on their breaks from their seedy activity.

Was that a low blow, deviating from the argument? Oh sorry, just returning some of your poison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 08:51 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Clever, how many times did you have to edit your post to come out with that creative comment?

Thanks for introducing me to a great channel by the way. Maybe you should show this to some of your sad, old, sex tourist male friends in your circle so they can take in some culture on their breaks from their seedy activity.

Was that a low blow, deviating from the argument? Oh sorry, just returning some of your poison.
Rather than feed you, I just didn't want to engage.

Anyways, let's not slander, lie, and make personal attacks on others. I'd appreciate that.

Last edited by Tiger Beer; 01-06-2018 at 09:27 AM..

Old 01-06-2018, 02:02 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,721,454 times
I love travel shows.
��
But always wonder how people can just float about for so long without their stuff or why they are so unsettled.

Going on vacation is one thing but living out of a back pack roaming for place to place for years is odd.

Also sounds lonely.

I enjoy travelling ... but like having my stuff. After a while it seems wasteful. Like why am I here rather then doing something constructive.

You meet temp freinds ... temp lovers... you have experiences but nothing tangible.

Certain places sound interesting to visit as long as you don't get stuck with a one way ticket.

Guyana seems like one of them. I know lots of Guyanese people.... none ever brag about how Guyana is a great place to visit.

Old 01-06-2018, 02:38 PM

3,862 posts, read 5,286,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Lol.... I love the cut eye/ dirty looks he is getting from some people when he is filming !

Re the Indian/ Black situation to my understanding the tension between the Indian and Black population is even worse their then it is in Trinidad.

In Toronto I know loads of people from there and I have yet to meet any mixed families. They are either black or Indian.

I see this to some extent in Trindad but not as bad.

All the Guynese people I know in Toronto comes families that were really poor there and are still sending money back. Like use to bath in the river type poor. They also tend to be a lot more careful with money/ spending compared the Trinidadian culture where people seriously don't pay bills to buy expensive costumes for carnivals. Throwing parties comes before saving money.

I have like never heard of people going there unless to visit family. Interesting seeing footage from there.

Re Cuba .... those charming run down building can be dangerous. A co-workers was on vacation roaming down those streets and a huge metal sign sudden just fell off a building missing her my inches that could of sliced her in half.
You never met any Dougla's in the Six?

Old 01-06-2018, 04:40 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,721,600 times
Quote:
Rather than feed you, I just didn't want to engage.

Anyways, let's not slander, lie, and make personal attacks on others. I'd appreciate that.
He says while he slanders.

Old 01-06-2018, 04:56 PM

Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
You never met any Dougla's in the Six?
Yes..... I know many from Trinidad. Not as much from Guyana. In Toronto I have only met Guyanane people that identify as Indo or Afro Guyanese. Really not so many mixed. To be honest I only know a few at least in my parents generation that inter-marry.

This is just my observation and may not be the truth but I have always noticed in Trinidad Indo Trinidadians marry other Indo Trinidadians or on occasion people in the 10% other group for that colonial social bump.

In my own family at least until my parents generation there were very specific informal rules about who you could marry. The only exception is money. If someone came from a family with money they could be green or purple but they are a pass to marry in to the family.

A few men married Indo-Trinidadian women but for an Island with only a 10% other population those others sure found each other fast when it was tie to get married lol.

I am just realizing now ....but most of my parents friends from Trinidad are white Trinidadians with a few Indo or Chinese Trinidadians. I think is it because of where in the country they lived.

Old 01-06-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I love travel shows.
��
But always wonder how people can just float about for so long without their stuff or why they are so unsettled.

Going on vacation is one thing but living out of a back pack roaming for place to place for years is odd.
They usually find home bases. I think there is an illusion based on their youtube channels and such, that they are in constant motion.

But, more often than not; when they aren't youtubing or digitaling nomading, they have some base. Often those bases are abroad somewhere - Chiang Mai, Saigon, etc. But, nonetheless...

Old 01-06-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Certain places sound interesting to visit as long as you don't get stuck with a one way ticket.

Guyana seems like one of them. I know lots of Guyanese people.... none ever brag about how Guyana is a great place to visit.
I agree. He does travel in a way that I appreciate. I don't checkmark tourist sites upon arriving at places at all. I love walking around, and just trying to get a sense of the layout and feel of the city.

Agreed about Guyana, great to get an experience of it through his youtube lens. I wouldn't want to be stuck there myself either. It would be a place that if I had a week, I'd probably settle into the hotel the last few days, just catching up on any youtube work (if I were a youtuber).

Old 01-06-2018, 09:53 PM

Default .......

Quote:
They usually find home bases. I think there is an illusion based on their youtube channels and such, that they are in constant motion.

But, more often than not; when they aren't youtubing or digitaling nomading, they have some base. Often those bases are abroad somewhere - Chiang Mai, Saigon, etc. But, nonetheless...
I don't know .....
Still sounds like a strange life.
Like being a ghost or the wind just always passing through over people's lives without actually having a grounded connecting to anything.

I am by no means a homebody..... but being connected to something solid seems pretty important.

It reminds me of my patients that literally have no one. No freinds or family. Most of the people I have noticed doing this sort of stuff are single.

It seems like the stuff you do when you are trying to figure out what to do.

It is not the answer but the journey in hopes of finding the answer...

Old 01-06-2018, 09:58 PM

Default ......

Quote:
I agree. He does travel in a way that I appreciate. I don't checkmark tourist sites upon arriving at places at all. I love walking around, and just trying to get a sense of the layout and feel of the city.

Agreed about Guyana, great to get an experience of it through his youtube lens. I wouldn't want to be stuck there myself either. It would be a place that if I had a week, I'd probably settle into the hotel the last few days, just catching up on any youtube work (if I were a youtuber).
Most of the places I have venture to have provided inspiration but also harsh reminders not to f-up because I have lucked out in a lot of ways. I think men might also feel this but if you look at it from a women's status situation it is like wow ..... scary. It 100% a lot more scary to be a women in the developing world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas