Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 12:12 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,721,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by folicure View Post
As a matter of fact, the leaks weren´t from the banking system, but rather, from a lawyer´s company; furthermore, they should have never called them "The Panama Papers." It was an attempt to damage Panama banking system´s reputation by certain countries which cannot deal with the fact that Panama has such a strong system being quite a small country. And the measures were in effect way before the news.
Well it was effective in scaring away lots of people that don't have any money to hide like me ! So I think I will make my imaginary money elsewhere !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 09:17 AM

32,636 posts, read 47,995,345 times
Uruguay, if you can get your money into the country. They are very touchy about moving money in from the USA, but if you can get it in, you are all set.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Uruguay, if you can get your money into the country. They are very touchy about moving money in from the USA, but if you can get it in, you are all set.

I do know about all this.
If I put my billions somewhere I need to make sure of a few things.
Number one am I going to be able to get it back if I change my mind!!!
Is there any chance this people can keep my money and then refuse to let me back in the country.

I might as well just buy loads of really expensive jewelery and casually roam from country to country with stuff on me and sell it as I needed cash.

If I ever meet anyone with crazy amouts of money. I might want to casually drop that questions !

My father-in-law was pretty old school wealthy and old people in less modern parts of the world hide their money in the strangest ways.

Like women via gold jewelry.
Or money tucked away in drawers in socks, tea pots or in books.

The look like very modest people ex dressed simply and living simply and meanwhile they are hiding 100 thousand dollars in gold and cash hiding is strange places all over their home lol .

I inherited their home. I am sure if I went back their and moved around some tiles or looked over the china cabinet a bit more throughly I could find some hidden treasure.

I guess if you grew up poor and during certain periods of times in certain countries banks were not really a things and it would be too risky trusting them or someone else with your money.

Old 11-18-2017, 06:58 AM

308 posts, read 237,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I do know about all this.
If I put my billions somewhere I need to make sure of a few things.
Number one am I going to be able to get it back if I change my mind!!!
Is there any chance this people can keep my money and then refuse to let me back in the country.

I might as well just buy loads of really expensive jewelery and casually roam from country to country with stuff on me and sell it as I needed cash.

If I ever meet anyone with crazy amouts of money. I might want to casually drop that questions !

My father-in-law was pretty old school wealthy and old people in less modern parts of the world hide their money in the strangest ways.

Like women via gold jewelry.
Or money tucked away in drawers in socks, tea pots or in books.

The look like very modest people ex dressed simply and living simply and meanwhile they are hiding 100 thousand dollars in gold and cash hiding is strange places all over their home lol .

I inherited their home. I am sure if I went back their and moved around some tiles or looked over the china cabinet a bit more throughly I could find some hidden treasure.

I guess if you grew up poor and during certain periods of times in certain countries banks were not really a things and it would be too risky trusting them or someone else with your money.
The very wealthy have accounts in Miami where they also go for holidays and shopping sprees.Some also have them in LA. behind those electrified fences a lot of Latin Americans have safes built into the wall,but the main stash is always offshore.

Presidents are not immune either,when Nicaragua had a huge earthquake just before Christmas 1972,President Somoza ordered out the National Guard,not to help the victims but to loot the national bank.President Nixon gave huge amounts of aid money,as did the UN but Somoza stole almost all of it as well..He met a very deserved sticky end in Paraguay in 1980.This partly explains why Nicaragua is still very poor,that a civil war and a US blockade against the Sandinistas.

I wouldnt carry very expensive jewellery across borders either.My experience is all Latin American border posts are staffed by very paranoid people.As well as probably stealing bits of it they would want receipts for the other bits.

Pick a non corrupt country,theyre getting harder to find though lol

Old 11-18-2017, 11:24 AM

Default .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Loves Dogs View Post
The very wealthy have accounts in Miami where they also go for holidays and shopping sprees.Some also have them in LA. behind those electrified fences a lot of Latin Americans have safes built into the wall,but the main stash is always offshore.

Presidents are not immune either,when Nicaragua had a huge earthquake just before Christmas 1972,President Somoza ordered out the National Guard,not to help the victims but to loot the national bank.President Nixon gave huge amounts of aid money,as did the UN but Somoza stole almost all of it as well..He met a very deserved sticky end in Paraguay in 1980.This partly explains why Nicaragua is still very poor,that a civil war and a US blockade against the Sandinistas.

I wouldnt carry very expensive jewellery across borders either.My experience is all Latin American border posts are staffed by very paranoid people.As well as probably stealing bits of it they would want receipts for the other bits.

Pick a non corrupt country,theyre getting harder to find though lol
Good points. That is pretty disgusting re what happend in Nicaragua. I was watching and reading some stuff about poverty there and it is shocking.

Regarding walking across boarders with money ....or expensive things. I should know better to make that silly comment. Even with modest or little wealth at the time I have already been asked for money by customes or secuirty at the airport in both Turkey and Morocco which was scary. So nothing shoukd surprise me. I know in Morocco if you don't know someone of influence the police can really ********* over as I have had problems a few times with them there outside of major cities and it was scary.

Regardless with all this risk and drama ... might as well just pay taxes or give money to charities of your choices for a tax credit. There is only so much money you can actually use. At some point I am sure it gets to be a burden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas