Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 08:31 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,253,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I’m not moving back to the US and particularly loathe white Americans conservatives and for that matter the white working class.

There really is no point in trying to convince me to come back, post figures disparaging Spain or Europe, etc. I completely hate the current America.
No one wants you to come back especially with so much hatred in your heart for the American people. I love Spain and the USA....but USA more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 03:41 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,959,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
No one wants you to come back especially with so much hatred in your heart for the American people. I love Spain and the USA....but USA more.
The dude seems obsessed for sure. Wow, what a way to go through life with hatred. Anyways it seems this topic got derailed into his personal "I hate America" message board. Back on topic....

Old 01-16-2018, 05:20 AM

1,010 posts, read 893,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I love Spain and it's good to be proud about your country but you have to admit Spain has some serious issues, particularly with unemployment - 17% and a staggering 40% for young people.

Yeah I've seen the housing in Sao Paulo
I think is much better live in favelas than be homeless or live inside cars or trailers… at least someone has a roof, bed, water on tap, light etc.

The problem in an utra-capitalist country like USA is not admit that there will always be poor and loser people. In Brazil this people have the right of built themselves their cheap homes, in USA broken people are really in risk of become homeless or live in park trailers hidden, because a first world country can’t show ''poverty'' having districts of modest homes or small apartments... Thinking USA can do it better (like Europe) than the informals districts (favelas) like in Latin America.

Favelas are ugly viewed far but inside it looks like a poor district.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...18&FORM=VRDGAR

Old 01-16-2018, 05:20 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,253,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
The dude seems obsessed for sure. Wow, what a way to go through life with hatred. Anyways it seems this topic got derailed into his personal "I hate America" message board. Back on topic....
Back on topic, I don't think a good argument can be made that slavery advances anything other the wealth of a few slave owners and there's no lasting "benefit" obtained from the economic model.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:30 AM

25,556 posts, read 24,074,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
I think is much better live in favelas than be homeless or live inside cars or trailers… at least someone has a roof, bed, water on tap, light etc.

The problem in an utra-capitalist country like USA is not admit that there will always be poor and loser people. In Brazil this people have the right of built themselves their cheap homes, in USA broken people are really in risk of become homeless or live in park trailers hidden, because a first world country can’t show ''poverty'' having districts of modest homes or small apartments... Thinking USA can do it better (like Europe) than the informals districts (favelas) like in Latin America.

Favelas are ugly viewed far but inside it looks like a poor district.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...18&FORM=VRDGAR
Yes. New York and Los Angeles are the second and third cities in the world when it comes to homelessness. Manilla Philippines is number 1.

You’re absolutely right.

Old 01-17-2018, 08:15 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,465,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
In the U.S we sometimes hear that America's wealth was built from slavery. But other countries in the western hemisphere also had slavery. Not many of these countries are as developed as they could be. So is saying slavery is what built the U.S an over simplification?

How Slavery Built America Into An Economic Power | Here & Now
This is usually my counter when folks say slaves were so crucial to the USA. If so Brazil should be a juggernaut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas