Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 07:35 AM

225 posts, read 192,154 times

Advertisements

Last edited by Joao; 02-10-2018 at 08:04 AM..

Old 02-10-2018, 09:37 AM

2,755 posts, read 2,435,301 times
Maybe "White Brazilians, Brown Brazilians, Indigenous Brazilians, Arab Brazilians, Japanese Brazilians, Korean Brazilians", etc. should create and promote interesting cultures

Old 02-11-2018, 05:12 AM

25,556 posts, read 24,021,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraculo View Post
They do? What's there to see in 'Yankee Stadium'?

Is it a baseball stadium.
It's where the Yankees play, and it is a baseball stadium.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:35 AM

4,845 posts, read 6,118,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripmyheart View Post
American, British media and Al jazeera has always tried to make Brazil look like a African country. When Whenever I watch the news they only show the Black Brazilians. Especially when I watch CNN they never mentioned that their was White Brazilians, Brown Brazilians, Indigenous Brazilians, Arab Brazilians, Japanese Brazilians, Korean Brazilians, etc...
This so false, the very opposite is true

when most Americans think of Brazilians they think of lighter people, People who look like J Lo or lighter, There almost a ignorance that black people don't even exist in Latin America. And even people who think Latino is a race.

In fact most of the time when American, British media and Al jazeera talk about Afro Brazilian it's conservation in iteslf how much Black Brazilian mix or full are ignore in Western media ignored. And a even worst racial equality gap is down there.

I didn't even know black people were in Brazil until I was a teenager.

Last edited by chiatldal; 02-11-2018 at 08:45 AM..

Old 02-12-2018, 05:40 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,349,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
Maybe "White Brazilians, Brown Brazilians, Indigenous Brazilians, Arab Brazilians, Japanese Brazilians, Korean Brazilians", etc. should create and promote interesting cultures
Umm that's what they're doing? The foreign Media just likes to focus on a certain culture however, to the outside world Brazil doesn't exist outside of Rio

Old 02-13-2018, 08:15 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,383,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
No man… The complain is because these ‘’favelas tour’’ in Rio may be dangerous… Tourists don’t go to Paris to tours in Saint Deni or to NYC and tours to Bronx… as exemple and after if they are stolen they complain about how dangerous is Brazil.
Tourists do go to the Bronx - the Zoo, Botanical Gardens, Van Cortlandt Park, Yankee Stadium (for a baseball game). They go to Harlem too. Eating at Sylvia's Restaurant, many people there are from out of town.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:18 PM

10,185 posts, read 15,063,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Tourists do go to the Bronx - the Zoo, Botanical Gardens, Van Cortlandt Park, Yankee Stadium (for a baseball game). They go to Harlem too. Eating at Sylvia's Restaurant, many people there are from out of town.
Harlem isn't what it used to be, its in full swing gentrification. Many blacks are actually complaining because they are being pushed out of Harlem so non-blacks (mainly whites) move in. It isn't as poor, as abadoned, or as dangerous as it once was.

Tourists don't really tour the Bronx. They go to specific points (mainly the ones you listed), which are easily and quickly accessible via expressways that crisscross the Bronx. Not much exposure to the Bronx's streets is required to reach those places.

Again, tourists don't really go on walking tours in the Bronx, especially in the rougher and poorer parts of the Bronx, and we all know why. Many touristic maps of NYC focus almosts exclusively on Manhattan (south of Harlem) because most tourists have no interest in the rest of the NYC.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:32 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,431,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
I actually went to Sylvias in Harlem. Not bad but I have had better soul food.

Yeah the Bronx is actually pretty cool too. I have been through there several times.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:21 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,558,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripmyheart View Post
American, British media and Al jazeera has always tried to make Brazil look like a African country. When Whenever I watch the news they only show the Black Brazilians. Especially when I watch CNN they never mentioned that their was White Brazilians, Brown Brazilians, Indigenous Brazilians, Arab Brazilians, Japanese Brazilians, Korean Brazilians, etc...
Because Brazilians would rather people think that the country looks like Portugal or Germany.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:23 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,558,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post
But, during Pope Francis's visit to Rio de Janeiro, a year ago, - broadcast in detail worldwide on EWTN-TV - every one of the participants on the platform, helping to lead the outdoor Mass seemed to be White Brazilians.
Brazilians think that this image is the best way to promote Brazil, so showing "too many blacks" is an embarrassment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.