Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2018, 09:04 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,727,746 times

Advertisements

I found a cheap flight from London and I will be in Fortaleza for 4 days.

I want to get around the city by bicycle as I usually do when I'm in Colombia and also whilst I was in Tulum, Mexico. I would like to use the Bicicletar system but I've been told that it's a bit of a hassle to get signed up, especially as a foreigner. Is this true, if so can someone explain the process as I would like to arrange for this beforehand if possible.

I really want to see the Lencois Maranhense. Would you recommend me to fly to São Luis then bus back with an overnight stay in Barreirinhas or Parnaiba. Or would you just go and come back from Fortaleza with an overnight stay? Also what's the most economical/best bus that does these trajectories.

Finally any thoughts on things to do in the city would be great and maybe a suggestion of restaurants. I want something really cheap and local and something more high end but good value also.

Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 07:59 PM

13 posts, read 9,663 times
Take a look at this blog
https://www.viajenaviagem.com/2017/0...es-transporte/

Old 05-11-2018, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyNationI View Post
Thanks, this looks good, I haven't read it all because although while reading Portuguese I understand a lot, I'm sure I'm missing some important points.

I've tasked myself with learning Portuguese (specifically Brazilian Portuguese) in a month - wish me luck. Any material to help with this would be appreciated also.

Old 05-11-2018, 07:50 AM

990 posts, read 881,658 times
MalanMalan live in Fortaleza I think he is the best person for help you

Flying to São Luis any way you will spend about 4 hour in road to getting Lençois maranhense but from Fortaleza you expend about 8 or 9 hour in a bus trip. Jericoacoara is awsome as well and close Fortaleza and on the way to Lençois Maranhense if you have time I suggest you visit there too!

In my opnion the best for you is hire some local touristic agency in Fortaleza, if you speak only English, to arrange this trip for you, they have minibus to take and bring you in Fortaleza. If you speak Spanish fluently is much easier take a bus in Fortaleza to Barreirinhas and staying there hire the tours and hotel by yourself.

Jericoacoara - Lençóis Maranhenses

Old 05-11-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
In my opnion the best for you is hire some local touristic agency in Fortaleza, if you speak only English, to arrange this trip for you, they have minibus to take and bring you in Fortaleza. If you speak Spanish fluently is much easier take a bus in Fortaleza to Barreirinhas and staying there hire the tours and hotel by yourself.
Great that we have someone from Fortaleza here!

Yes I'm fluent in Spanish and speak Portunhol with my brazilian colleagues and friends here in London, unfortunately no-one I know is from Fortaleza.

I prefer to do things by myself and hire apartments in local areas rather than hotels, however I'll look into the cost-time ratio and opt for independent or agency travel based on that. Thanks for your input.

I'll definitely look into Jericoacoara, looks like a great place to unwind. 5 hours on a bus is doable but 9 hours is definitely more testing, for now I'm still planning on making it to Lencois Maranhenses although it looks a bit more difficult than I first thought.

Old 05-14-2018, 12:02 PM

990 posts, read 881,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Great that we have someone from Fortaleza here!

Yes I'm fluent in Spanish and speak Portunhol with my brazilian colleagues and friends here in London, unfortunately no-one I know is from Fortaleza.

I prefer to do things by myself and hire apartments in local areas rather than hotels, however I'll look into the cost-time ratio and opt for independent or agency travel based on that. Thanks for your input.

I'll definitely look into Jericoacoara, looks like a great place to unwind. 5 hours on a bus is doable but 9 hours is definitely more testing, for now I'm still planning on making it to Lencois Maranhenses although it looks a bit more difficult than I first thought.
Lençois Maranhense is a national park and the closest cities of the park which serve as a foothold to get there like Barreirinhas are small cities because this is not that easy get there but no problem if you want getting in Barreirinhas – MA by bus and book an apartment in airb&b or booking.com but to enter in the park you must buy a trip tour by boat or off-road cars to get into the park you can't enter there alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas