Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 10:59 AM

536 posts, read 323,772 times

Advertisements

Which country out of those three is in your opinion safest to rent a car and travel alone through inlcuding rural areas. Also which country has the most advanced infrastructure and english fluency is most common?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2019, 11:35 AM

290 posts, read 179,597 times
colombia Is the safest, Then Mexico and last Brazil, but I wouldn't Rent a Car, travelling around Colombia by plane is very cheap and efficient.

Columbia has very tall mountain ranges and deep jungles that prevent Infrastructure from being properly developed, therefore flying its better.

The best infrastructure is perhaps found in Mexico, But out of the three countries i Liked Colombia better then Brazil And Mexico last.

Well Mexico is very Americanised, and Brazil tries to be Americanised, Colombia it's more of its own planet.

Old 10-27-2019, 04:48 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,035,334 times
All three would be great, but Mexico will destroy the other two countries in English fluency, trust me.

Don´t count on getting by in English in Colombia. I´ve heard that Brazil is no better.

Old 10-27-2019, 06:49 PM

630 posts, read 526,413 times
There might be some difference here and there, but none of those 3 countries are what I'd call "safe", especially for someone coming from Europe. People travel there every year and are just fine, but some aren't, it's all stats. The problems with statistics is that they don't tell you whether you'll be in the 99% who'll be fine, or the 1% who won't.

Old 10-27-2019, 09:19 PM

21 posts, read 17,110 times
1% is still veeeeeery exaggerated...
In the case of Brazil, with 6 million tourists per year, it would be 60 thousand people assaulted. Imagine Mexico!
Obviously for the kind of tourism the OP is talking about, it's more recommendable to make with organized tours.

Old 10-28-2019, 07:52 AM

990 posts, read 881,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPreussen View Post
Which country out of those three is in your opinion safest to rent a car and travel alone through inlcuding rural areas. Also which country has the most advanced infrastructure and english fluency is most common?
I only don’t recomend you in Brazil travel by car around Rio de Janeiro state it is pretty unsafe there nowadays but in another states is much safer, being rural areas safer than cities.
English in Brazil is rare found people really fluent, out of business people or out of big cities, but everybody understand basic words as example if you need order something at a restaurant.
Infrastructure (roads?) is first world in Sao Paulo, (the main roads) ok in south Brazil or Minas Gerais but bad in north and northeast Brazil.

Old 10-28-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
I only don’t recomend you in Brazil travel by car around Rio de Janeiro state it is pretty unsafe there nowadays but in another states is much safer, being rural areas safer than cities.
English in Brazil is rare found people really fluent, out of business people or out of big cities, but everybody understand basic words as example if you need order something at a restaurant.
Infrastructure (roads?) is first world in Sao Paulo, (the main roads) ok in south Brazil or Minas Gerais but bad in north and northeast Brazil.
What do you mean by first world standard? Similar to german roads or the polish ones because both of those countries would probably be considered first world but trust me the difference is immense . But I would assume roads in Brazil should be good, considering that it is very warm climate there.

Old 10-28-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
What do you mean by first world standard? Similar to german roads or the polish ones because both of those countries would probably be considered first world but trust me the difference is immense . But I would assume roads in Brazil should be good, considering that it is very warm climate there.
I never been in Poland so i can't compare, but i meant the roads are good, not really different what north americans and westerner europeans are used drive.
Look at the examples below the first is the main road conecting inner São Paulo the capital city and the coastal beaches cities, the seccond is the main road connecting São Paulo city and countrysides cities.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...B&&FORM=VRDGAR

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...F&&FORM=VRDGAR

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...C&&FORM=VRDGAR

Old 10-28-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
I never been in Poland so i can't compare, but i meant the roads are good, not really different what north americans and westerner europeans are used drive.
Look at the examples below the first is the main road conecting inner São Paulo the capital city and the coastal beaches cities, the seccond is the main road connecting São Paulo city and countrysides cities.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...B&&FORM=VRDGAR

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...F&&FORM=VRDGAR

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...C&&FORM=VRDGAR
Roads here seem definitely better than in Poland. I thoguht it would be like that. You guys don't have winter there, good, very warm climate so it should be easy to maintenance.

Old 10-28-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Roads here seem definitely better than in Poland. I thoguht it would be like that. You guys don't have winter there, good, very warm climate so it should be easy to maintenance.
yeah probably it helps, São Paulo is not that warm all year long, but winters are much milder than central Europe. May be only the lots of rains in the summer causes holes in the roads, i am not knowleged in this area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas