Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2022, 04:14 PM

3,851 posts, read 2,225,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Why they coming to Mexico City?
Why not? Think of all the Mexican nationals living in the U.S unlawfully. MILLIONS OF PEOPLE. Americans should be permitted to go to Mexico City to dump their trash if they so choose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2022, 06:25 PM

1,216 posts, read 507,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Hah! There are approximately 24 people on here that actually have been in Mexico City, my scientific conclusion. The rest just want to tell you how dangerous Mexico is because, you know, Fox News tells them its nothing but crime and people wanting to sneak into the US. Too many first time visitors seem genuinely shocked they haven't been robbed at gunpoint on their first day and the rest can't believe they haven't gotten food poisoning yet.

And trust me those areas to the south aren't cheap and have already been "discovered" but by Mexicans. They aren't hip enough to be expat enclaves and not cheap enough for the "artists" who will create the next YouTube sensation. I think I know where that next hotspot will be and went and walked around it last time I was there but to your point, I'll keep it to myself.

HaHa get ready for the American invasion!!!!!!!

Old 08-01-2022, 08:10 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,542,189 times
they are invading Tijuana and Baja as well:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/25/r...na-mexico.html

Old 08-01-2022, 11:48 AM

6,084 posts, read 6,041,562 times
Ah, the people going are probably of ladino origin as well.

Old 08-01-2022, 05:25 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,002,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
This whole backlash is never going to amount to much because the city is just so huge. Its an easy thing for an activist or a politician to say there are too many rich expats there, but most Mexicans couldn't afford to live in these places in almost any condition. This line of thinking is like people in the LA area complaining there are way too many Asians living in Beverly Hills. Like it ever really matters for the 99% who could never afford to live there anyways.
Well said.

Old 08-03-2022, 01:22 PM

565 posts, read 470,942 times
Colonizers gonna colonize.

Old 08-03-2022, 01:52 PM

3,851 posts, read 2,225,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsheamountain View Post
Colonizers gonna colonize.
Mexicans think it's their right to come to the U.S illegally. And if you expect them to obey immigration laws, it's "discrimination". If you deny anything to undocumented people it's "racial discrimination". If that's not colonization I don't know what is.

I hope Americans go to Mexico and show all the disrespect they want. Mexico's laws and customs don't matter. And they better not say **** about it.

Old 08-03-2022, 08:31 PM

10,067 posts, read 14,940,669 times
Mexicans don't think that. Many are aware that much of the Western USA was Mexico, but they know the difference between was and is. Aren't most illegals crossing the US-Mex border Central Americans and increasingly Cubans and Haitians? As if not Mexicans? I think this is the case, but needs to be verified.

Old 08-18-2022, 01:54 PM

5,349 posts, read 5,126,476 times
Interesting. When I was in Condesa and Roma Norte in Oct. 2020 I stuck out like a sore thumb for being a white American. There was NO english spoken out and about. It was an interesting time to visit I guess cause that was Mexico City without basically any tourism due to Covid. It appears to have changed haha . I mean if they really want to fix it, all they have to do is add like 5 more nieghborhoods as good to visit, and that will diffuse people quick enough. Americans visiting US cities disperse out much more because of familiarity and diverse interests.

The reason everyone goes, and that I'd still recommend it, is it's the easiest, closest, and most convienient direct flight for most Americans to get out and enjoy a truly different cultural enviornment. There's other cities in Mexico and central / south america that are prettier, nicer, and better to visit, but if it's 12 hours and $800 to get there, it's a 2 week trip, not a 5 day getaway.

Old 08-18-2022, 03:36 PM

1,216 posts, read 507,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBOOT View Post
How did you come up with the affirmation that Mexicans come to America thinking is their right to do it illegally? Just saying that is stupid and silly. By the way it does not matter what they think they take a gamble, if they get busted no matter what they think they get deported. Anyway, the ones that come here knowing beforehand, that they will receive all the goodies from the first day they cross the border or land at the shores of Miami, is Cubans and central American. Most Mexicans come here, work for decades paying taxes. Knowing very well that is most likely that they will never receive any benefits. On the other hands the people from countries that get the benefits of legal status. When they come here. they rip the benefits, of someone else hark work.
What makes you think Americans relocating in Mexico would even think about doing the sheet you are suggesting, “ I hope Americans go to Mexico and show all the disrespect they want. Mexico's laws and customs don't matter”, when one of the main reasons to do so is to get away from toxic people as yourself.
They get deported? LOL the biggest lie ever told. There's likely 25 million illegals in the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas