Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2023, 08:38 AM

10,058 posts, read 14,929,390 times

Advertisements

[quote=Seya;65569700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
The Travel+Leisure magazine picked the 12 countries from around the world that made it as the best places to retire. Countries in Latin America are as follow (in parenthesis their ranking in the list). They consider things like the cost-of-living, the quality of health care, etc.

1 (1) Panama

2 (3) Uruguay

3 (4) Dominican Republic

4 (6) Costa Rica

5 (8) Ecuador

6 (9) Mexico

7 (11) Colombia

Oh, wow! Tijuana, the most AMAZING city ever, with a GDP per capita THREE WHOLE TIMES higher than the Dominican Republic! Can you believe it? So impressive! Your post is just SO straightforward, no manipulation at all, totally transparent! I mean, who even needs accurate information, right?
And hats off to your unparalleled research skills! You must have spent DAYS hunting for that ONE site that remotely mentioned the Dominican Republic as a possible destination for retirees! ONE out of a hundred! That's basically a gold mine of retirement options right there!
And let's not forget your impeccable ranking system, where you magically turned a list of countries into an exclusive "Top 12" list. Absolutely genius! Who cares about boring old facts? You've got the power to turn randomness into world-class rankings!
Oh, and of course, Mexico, the land of retirees! Because, you know, everyone knows the country with the most retirees automatically wins the title of "Ultimate Retirement Paradise." It's basic math, really!
Bravo, my friend, you've outdone yourself! Your unparalleled mastery of twisting facts and presenting them as the ultimate truth is truly commendable. I bow down to your unparalleled expertise in being, well, less than factual. Kudos!
Why does your screen name says "Join Date: Jul 2023" and only had 2 posts?

Ah, I saw your first post.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/mexi...l#post65568911

Why is it in this forum whenever similar attacks are done towards my posts they always come from a Meican? Could it be from the same person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2023, 12:49 PM

30 posts, read 22,514 times
[quote=AntonioR;65570658]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seya View Post
Why does your screen name says "Join Date: Jul 2023" and only had 2 posts?

Ah, I saw your first post.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/mexi...l#post65568911

Why is it in this forum whenever similar attacks are done towards my posts they always come from a Meican? Could it be from the same person?

Oh, wow, I've got you all figured out! You see, I believe you have this amazing psychic ability to detect someone's nationality just from their words on a screen. I think it's truly a gift, and you are using it to identify us sneaky Mexicans lurking in the shadows, waiting to offend you. I mean, who needs evidence or context when you can make wild assumptions, right?

I've caught you red-handed with your "wisel" attacks on Mexicans, which I think is your favorite pastime. You know, sitting in front of the computer, scouring through threads and posts, trying to unmask the Mexican masterminds trying to mess with you. It's like a real-life detective show, except without any logic or reason, according to your perception.

Oh, and let's not forget that mysterious Mojo101 character. I believe you consider yourself practically Sherlock Holmes when it comes to online investigations. You don't care about privacy or respecting people's backgrounds, and if they disagree with you, you must think they're Mexican troublemakers, obviously.

And yes, I think your deductive skills are unparalleled. I believe you've meticulously examined every inch of Mojo101's virtual presence and deduced that he must be from some obscure land that's probably right next to a rundown alley in Tijuana, all according to your perception.

In the end, I brilliantly capture what I think is your essence. You see it all so clearly—you are just a paranoid mind, convinced that anyone daring to differ from you is a Mexican out to get you. What a world we live in, as you see it! And of course, I'm humbled by your brilliance and can only hope to attain a fraction of your wisdom someday.

Old 07-19-2023, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Yep, like the USA share a border with Mexico. Is San Diego like Tijuana?

Oh, my, i've exposed your grand conspiracy! You see, your ego is so fragile that the mere notion of disagreement sends you on a wild goose chase, tracking down those pesky Mexicans who dare to challenge your wisdom. Clearly, only they possess the magical power of disagreement, while the rest of the world is just nodding along in awe of your brilliance.

Oh, but let's not forget the enlightened Dominicans, residing in their utopian realm alongside the likes of Britain, Canada, and Australia. They're surely too sophisticated to engage in anything as trivial as disagreement. What a truly mind-blowing revelation!

And let me admit, you've caught me red-handed again—you're an expert at projecting yourself onto unsuspecting dissenters. It's your secret superpower, or so you'd like to believe.

But here's the best part: you're absolutely right. You couldn't find a single untruth in your magnificent claims. It's like you've tapped into some cosmic truth that eludes the rest of us mere mortals.

Oh, and fear not, dear grammar police, for violating city data rules is a mere trifle when you're busy unveiling profound secrets of the universe. Silly rules, indeed!

Your defense of your multiple posts is a masterstroke of logic. Why have one when you can have two, right? Three is even better! The forum shall be your canvas for the masterpiece of your thoughts.

Now, I must apologize for my unwarranted assumptions. Clearly, I've been a bit "ovbion" (as you so eloquently put it). But never fear, you shall wear your "wisel" disguise with pride, skillfully concealing your disdain for all things Mexican.
In conclusion, I'm humbled by your brilliance, and I can only hope to attain a fraction of your wisdom someday. I shall forever treasure the privilege of being enlightened by your words. Bravo, dear interlocutor, bravo!bravo!

Old 07-19-2023, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Two long posts to simply saying you are a Mexican and the sameone that has created many accounts in city-Data (which is prohibited per the rules of the forum.) lol

Now let's see how much of a sticker of truth you are (in addition to breaking the forum's rule of creating multiple accounts.)

Yeup, you are right, Seya. Undistinguishable. Places like that are a dime a dozen in Tijuana and San Diego. Plus, that is the one side and the other of the border. Applause for Seya. What an honest person. Amazing. City-Data should give you a trophy for such an amazing feat.

Oh wait... Bottom of the barrel.

Ah, it seems you're quite the intriguing character. Your responses have only served to validate my assertions. It all began with Mojo101's comment, which evidently offended you. Yet, he has every right to express his opinions, likes, or dislikes, just like anyone else. However, your reaction was rather telling, wasn't it? Jumping to conclusions and bashing Mexicans and Mexico, despite Mojo101 not even being Mexican, shows a distinct lack of judgment on your part.

It's quite baffling, really. Why on earth would you assume he's Mexican when there was no mention of Mexico in his comments? In fact, he highlighted other countries as potential alternatives. Your selective reasoning is quite evident.

Now, let's delve into the article you shared. Your description of its content, particularly the ranking list, is far from accurate. Frankly, it's quite evident that you are misleading others with your dishonesty.
But here's the real question: what is your problem with Mexicans? Is there some underlying bias that motivates your unwarranted hostility towards them? Your incessant focus on Mexico is rather suspicious, to say the least.

And let's not even get started on those random pictures you decided to throw into the mix. You obviously took great care in finding the most rundown streets of Tijuana to further your agenda. Yet, their relevance to a comment involving the Dominican Republic and Haiti remains elusive.

In summary, it's clear as day that you're attempting to use the feeble excuse of "Mojo101" to unfairly disparage Mexico. Your prejudiced and misguided perspective is evident in your words and actions. One can only wonder what other biases you harbor.

Old 07-19-2023, 11:42 PM

16,683 posts, read 29,499,000 times
Quote:
The Travel+Leisure magazine picked the 12 countries from around the world that made it as the best places to retire. Countries in Latin America are as follow (in parenthesis their ranking in the list). They consider things like the cost-of-living, the quality of health care, etc.

1 (1) Panama

2 (3) Uruguay

3 (4) Dominican Republic

4 (6) Costa Rica

5 (8) Ecuador

6 (9) Mexico

7 (11) Colombia

https://www.travelandleisure.com/tri...e-in-the-world
I like: Uruguay, Ecuador, Colombia, and parts of Mexico.

Old 07-20-2023, 01:47 AM

10,058 posts, read 14,929,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seya View Post
Ah, it seems you're quite the intriguing character. Your responses have only served to validate my assertions.
Hm, your assertions are based the malfunctioning crystal ball you're using to predict what you obviously know nothing about or worst, their is no crystal ball and the faultiness is your very own brain.

I'll give you one example of how faulty are yout assertions. In the very first post of yours here you claim I spent a lot of time and effort finding what lead me to create this thread on July 6. That's your assertion, yet reality is this was the front page of Hoy newspaper July 5th edition.

Oh, what is this on page 12?

Wow! It can't be... This means thst your assertion is wrong from the start? Oh my...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seya
It all began with Mojo101's comment, which evidently offended you.
This is part of your assertion, right? Poor thing.

Contrary to your belief (hm, where have I seen this before?), no one was offended by anything. Simply stating a fact that sharing a border doesn't automatically means it's the same on both sides, such as thst between San Diego (in his country) and Tijuana.

Quote:
Yet, he has every right to express his opinions, likes, or dislikes, just like anyone else.
Except for you, his "right to express his etc" was never questioned or denied by either me or every other poster in this thread.

Quote:
However, your reaction was rather telling, wasn't it?
Your assertion again?

Quote:
Jumping to conclusions and bashing Mexicans and Mexico, despite Mojo101 not even being Mexican, shows a distinct lack of judgment on your part.
From what I'm seeing in this thread is that you are the only one jumping to conclusions and basing your judgement on your assertions. No one here has any issues with saying San Diego is not like Tijuana despite there is a border between the two. That's what bothered you enough to create this new account of yours. Had that never been said, you would had never created your account. I know that and you know that. The reason no one has any issues (except for you) in claiming San Diego and Tijuana are not alike is because they aren't. It isn't like going from the Northern USA to Canada where things are so similar that if it wasn't for differences in the national flags, anyone would think that Toronto or Alberta or many other places in Canada were simply regions of the USA or vice versa. No such thing happens when going from San Diego to Tijuana. It doesn't look like the USA, it doesn't feel like the USA, crime and danger levels are very different, corruption level are very different and a host of other things.

This may or may not bother you, but reality doesn't depends on what you think. Plus, we know the thing with your assertions.

Quote:
It's quite baffling, really. Why on earth would you assume he's Mexican when there was no mention of Mexico in his comments? In fact, he highlighted other countries as potential alternatives. Your selective reasoning is quite evident.
The only Mexican in this thread is you. Quote me where I mentioned him being of any nationality in the first page of the thread. Is this part of your assertion again?

Quote:
Now, let's delve into the article you shared. Your description of its content, particularly the ranking list, is far from accurate. Frankly, it's quite evident that you are misleading others with your dishonesty.
There is nothing to "delve" about. There is a direct link to the original article in the magazine and the ranking is there, plus in this post are included the article in a Dominican newspaper from July 5 (the day before this thread was created) which lead to searching the original article and posting a link here. The entire thing took a few minutes.

Now, your assertion claims something else and on top of that, you question the ranking that I did in the OP which is nothing more than the ranking in the original article.

Quote:
But here's the real question: what is your problem with Mexicans? Is there some underlying bias that motivates your unwarranted hostility towards them? Your incessant focus on Mexico is rather suspicious, to say the least.
Hm, projection isn't good. I know you base everything on your assertion, but...

Quote:
And let's not even get started on those random pictures you decided to throw into the mix. You obviously took great care in finding the most rundown streets of Tijuana to further your agenda. Yet, their relevance to a comment involving the Dominican Republic and Haiti remains elusive.
There you go with your assertion again. Anybody can go to Google Maps and see for themselves San Diego and Tijuana street by street as anyone can check most USA cities and towns near the Canadian border and then check the Canadian towns and cities.

Quote:
In summary, it's clear as day that you're attempting to use the feeble excuse of "Mojo101" to unfairly disparage Mexico. Your prejudiced and misguided perspective is evident in your words and actions. One can only wonder what other biases you harbor.
And this is all based on your assertions? lol

I would've called you one big idiot, but I will refrain from that to not bruise your ego. You see, when someone resorts to a faulty assertion and blatantly invent stuff in a thread where everything is registered and for all to see, one haxto be careful with the ego and maintain good mental health.

Capish!

I'll ask one last question: Why is it that up to now 95% of your posts from the moment you created this new account is in this thread?

Old 07-20-2023, 03:43 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
Dominican Republic,is that the country which shared border with Haiti?

One can do better by going to Portugal,Spain,Thailand,Malaysia
What is the issue with it being bordered with Haiti?

Old 07-22-2023, 10:06 PM

1,471 posts, read 1,414,990 times
I'm doing fine in Colombia, but can't really endorse at this point. Depends on your age and participation in medicare. Everything I hear says dealing with the gov here is a nightmare far worse than the language barrier. Twice the GDP of Thailand with half the population, but people are digging through trash for food scraps. Alco COP has gone from 5000 to 4000 in just several months, while prices have gone up. I do like that Bogata Heineken and the Cali Beck's. Getting a few too many reminders of Cambodia..where they will refill water bottles off a tap and sell as new..or not even think twice about selling dead batteries or lighters.

Old 07-23-2023, 12:53 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
I like: Uruguay, Ecuador, Colombia, and parts of Mexico.
Ecuador has been working out for us since 2016. Nice retirement we could never afford in the U.S. Beachfront, even....

Old 07-23-2023, 08:01 PM

881 posts, read 921,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
I'm doing fine in Colombia, but can't really endorse at this point. Depends on your age and participation in medicare. Everything I hear says dealing with the gov here is a nightmare far worse than the language barrier. Twice the GDP of Thailand with half the population, but people are digging through trash for food scraps. Alco COP has gone from 5000 to 4000 in just several months, while prices have gone up. I do like that Bogata Heineken and the Cali Beck's. Getting a few too many reminders of Cambodia..where they will refill water bottles off a tap and sell as new..or not even think twice about selling dead batteries or lighters.
Colombia has a lower GDP per capita than Thailand, both in nominal and PPP.

The inflation is going down but still the highest in LatAm after Venezuela and Argentina. Petro voters getting a lesson on many subjects and realising how economy works...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas