Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 12:01 AM

1,677 posts, read 6,442,889 times

Advertisements

Maybe someone can answer this.....
The Trans Alaska pipeline runs nearby 15 miles away where there is a refinery that has been there since almost day one. Now this refinery gets to put its byproducts back into the pipeline, thus getting the cream of the crop so to speak. Now for the real kicker, the same refinery pays the State of Alaska an extra 10% to buy the State's share of Royalty oil. Of course this will transfer to the pumps! So my question is this, are we paying a hidden fuel tax and what would the price of gas be if they didn't pay the 10% extra?

Gas was $2.89 for 87 octane with out the Fred Meyers discount today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 12:42 AM

11 posts, read 104,769 times
Talking Gas Prices

Dillingham $4.95, expected to go up this fall.

Good thing there is only 20 miles of roads.

Deb

Old 08-23-2007, 10:29 AM

395 posts, read 1,717,246 times
[quote=warptman;1330513]$4.79 a gallon here in Bethel. I love my Cannodale![
Maybe they ground some gold w/your gas. Seriously, that is high by any U.S. standard. I have always found Ca., in general, to be higher than most places in the nation because of the high state taxes added on on top of the Fed tax. But as of lately, it has been the best in months. I saw $2.49 just yesterday, 8/22 Most of us know, prices can change by the day and sometimes, by the hour.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:34 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,129,609 times
Here in Bethel, the prices change yearly, or more like bargely. It seems the price goes up as soon as the fresh gas/oil gets shipped here in the spring and the fall time. We haven't seen sub-four dollar a gallon gas in years! There is only one supplier here, Crowley, and they have a monopoly on us here. Even if the prices go up, we still have to buy it. We've been getting ripped off for years that way. What gets me is that in the fall time, thats all the fuel we're getting the rest of the winter and then the price goes up everywhere else and they raise it here even though it was old gas from the fall!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage