Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2013, 03:35 PM

6,925 posts, read 9,462,182 times

Advertisements

That I just got back from Anchorage this morning and LOVED it as well as the rest of Alaska that I was able to see within the last week.

I was really impressed by Anchorage. Loved the neighborhoods on the west side of town near the coastal trail; especially the one near Elderberry Park! I didn't get a lot of time on the east side of town, but I bet the mountain views are impressive!

I rented a bike and rode along the coastal trail, also did a lot of walking, checked out Earthquake Park, Lake Hood, the Alaska Railroad depot, the Aviation museum near the airport, and also stumbled upon Moose's Tooth Pizza, which I thought was great. Also was really neat to meet and talk to people who live in Anchorage to see what it's like in winter when there isn't a much light during the day. Everyone was generally positive and had good things to say about living there, other than that winters are long.

Oh yeah, at one point I got a bit turned around while looking for the Spenard Beach Park. I drove through a neighborhood and noticed a moose standing in someone's front yard. How random is that? I know it happens a lot there, but it was still funny to me since it's not something I see every day in Denver.

One funny story: As I said, I live in Denver, CO right now and we have ONE Kaladi Brothers Coffee shop here. It's a bit too granola for my tastes; mismatched furniture, mismatched dishes, coffee beans in burlap bags on display, baristas who are somewhat snobby about "corporate" coffee shops, etc, and they seem to think they are the "only" Kaladi store -- sure, the only one in Colorado. It was funny to come to Anchorage and see corporate-style Kaladi Coffee shops!

Anyway, I can't wait to come back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 04:59 PM

14 posts, read 31,950 times
Did the Chamber of Commerce pay you for this post? Glad you had a good time. You think our Kaladi Brothers look corporate?! Come back in he winter - the Anchorage International Film Festival is Dec. 6-13 this year.

Old 11-13-2013, 11:26 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,209,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
That I just got back from Anchorage this morning and LOVED it as well as the rest of Alaska that I was able to see within the last week.

I was really impressed by Anchorage. Loved the neighborhoods on the west side of town near the coastal trail; especially the one near Elderberry Park! I didn't get a lot of time on the east side of town, but I bet the mountain views are impressive!

I rented a bike and rode along the coastal trail, also did a lot of walking, checked out Earthquake Park, Lake Hood, the Alaska Railroad depot, the Aviation museum near the airport, and also stumbled upon Moose's Tooth Pizza, which I thought was great. Also was really neat to meet and talk to people who live in Anchorage to see what it's like in winter when there isn't a much light during the day. Everyone was generally positive and had good things to say about living there, other than that winters are long.

Oh yeah, at one point I got a bit turned around while looking for the Spenard Beach Park. I drove through a neighborhood and noticed a moose standing in someone's front yard. How random is that? I know it happens a lot there, but it was still funny to me since it's not something I see every day in Denver.

One funny story: As I said, I live in Denver, CO right now and we have ONE Kaladi Brothers Coffee shop here. It's a bit too granola for my tastes; mismatched furniture, mismatched dishes, coffee beans in burlap bags on display, baristas who are somewhat snobby about "corporate" coffee shops, etc, and they seem to think they are the "only" Kaladi store -- sure, the only one in Colorado. It was funny to come to Anchorage and see corporate-style Kaladi Coffee shops!

Anyway, I can't wait to come back!
Even though this isn't all too recent of a post, lol I gotta say, I'm totally jealous
Anchorage is on my list of places to see.....

Old 11-19-2013, 03:48 PM

6,925 posts, read 9,462,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRaven View Post
Did the Chamber of Commerce pay you for this post? Glad you had a good time. You think our Kaladi Brothers look corporate?! Come back in he winter - the Anchorage International Film Festival is Dec. 6-13 this year.
LOL no, I wasn't paid to make the post and yeah, I feel like the Kaladi Brothers shops that I stopped at looked more like a Starbucks etc., with matching furniture, cups with logos etc. I liked them, don't get me wrong, but way different from the one in Denver!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
View detailed profiles of: