Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 01:45 AM

45 posts, read 83,244 times

Advertisements

I have another post about us moving to Alaska but I have to say this.... I AM SO FRIGGIN EXCITED!!!!! Because the pet relocation service wanted almost $3000 to ship our dog (so ridiculous!).....we will be driving from Georgia to the airport in Washington state! We will fly to Anchorage on December 7 and we are so excited! We've had a few bumps with our relocation allowance but we're finally on track! Our biggest concern now is packing. The guy with the van lines service told us they would pack EVERYTHING in our home but the quote we received was for US packing everything except our mattresses. So hopefully he'll make it right! If not, then I have an entire house to pack in 3 weeks!! Either way...Very excited! My husband is an RN so no bashing about us invading Alaska!! I'm sure everywhere needs all the nurses they can get!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 01:44 PM

12 posts, read 75,050 times
The "bashing" is typically done by people with nothing better to do than to criticize others for being excited about something that they've either never known, or forgotten about.

Generally speaking, just bitter people with nothing better to do.
Good luck with your move, and hope you enjoy it here!

Old 11-06-2013, 02:12 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,566,446 times
Make sure to have alternate routes for weather as you drive to Washington. Worse case is you might need to drive to California and then North. Give yourself an extra day or two in Washington for any delays.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:36 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,541,088 times
Congrats and have a safe drive.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
Make sure to have alternate routes for weather as you drive to Washington. Worse case is you might need to drive to California and then North. Give yourself an extra day or two in Washington for any delays.
We were originally going to leave on Monday Dec. 2 but then we thought it would be better to leave earlier than that just in case something happened. So we're leaving the day after Thanksgiving, once the movers are done packing and loading. That gives us 8 days to make sure we can make the flight! Excitement is an understatement.

Old 11-09-2013, 03:42 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,599,583 times
Well too bad you couldn't drive up all the way, even in winter it is a very pretty drive and you can take the pets with you.

Post some photos of the trip!

Enjoy yourself!

Old 11-09-2013, 10:55 AM

4,715 posts, read 10,541,088 times
Better to get there in plenty of time than to be late...

Old 11-10-2013, 10:50 AM

9 posts, read 16,308 times
May be taking over a podiatry practice there early next year, so maybe will run into your hubby at the hospital!

Old 11-16-2013, 12:02 PM

200 posts, read 719,047 times
Default Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittyBea36 View Post
I have another post about us moving to Alaska but I have to say this.... I AM SO FRIGGIN EXCITED!!!!! Because the pet relocation service wanted almost $3000 to ship our dog (so ridiculous!).....we will be driving from Georgia to the airport in Washington state! We will fly to Anchorage on December 7 and we are so excited! We've had a few bumps with our relocation allowance but we're finally on track! Our biggest concern now is packing. The guy with the van lines service told us they would pack EVERYTHING in our home but the quote we received was for US packing everything except our mattresses. So hopefully he'll make it right! If not, then I have an entire house to pack in 3 weeks!! Either way...Very excited! My husband is an RN so no bashing about us invading Alaska!! I'm sure everywhere needs all the nurses they can get!!

Congratulations! I won't be too far behind you in moving to Anchorage! Waiting for our passports to arrive (packing in the meantime), but once they arrive, will be driving. I am using the Milepost as a driving guide; will use the "east" route out of Montana.

Good luck!

Old 11-17-2013, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepenartist View Post
Congratulations! I won't be too far behind you in moving to Anchorage! Waiting for our passports to arrive (packing in the meantime), but once they arrive, will be driving. I am using the Milepost as a driving guide; will use the "east" route out of Montana.

Good luck!
Thanks! We were originally going to drive (Montana as well) until my husband's work offered relocation money! So now we're driving to Seattle from Atlanta and then catching a plane to Anchorage! 12 more days!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage