Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 07:35 PM

10,578 posts, read 7,793,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What decision have you made regarding Alaska?
I believe he's considering it for next school year, so plenty of time to mull it over.

Stafford covered the questions well. 786, I suspect that your biggest challenge would be the cold and dark winter season. Just stay indoors studying and you'll be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2016, 03:49 PM

8 posts, read 12,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 786man View Post
Howdy doo, C-D Alaskans. I recently have been looking into colleges and UA at Anchorage has popped onto my radar, because they have the major I'm interested in + the tuition is quite cheap and I feel as though I could benefit from a major changes in scenery lol. I have some questions for you guys.

1. How would people up there react to seeing a non native black person up there?
I had no issue when it comes to that
2. Are there barber shops up there that know how to cut "black people" hair?
Uh yes lol
3. How are the girls up there? Would they react warmly to a black man?
They are severely thirsty .... if you don't believe me check out the tagged app unless its for the military men that they are thirsty for
4. Are the people in Alaska nice?
They are nice but they have this thing called a sitting face where its hard to read them

5. Is there good public transportation?
well they have aight public transpo...I take cabs since i almost been sexually assaulted twice in my almost two years here ...and the one or two times i took the bus the people on there seem to be "OFF" maybe alcohol or drugs
6. Is the weather really THAT bad? Is it going to be that hard to transition from Florida?
Not that bad i was born and raised in florida left in 2010 for new york and came here in 2014 ...
7. What fun things are there to do in Anchorage,
It's a lot i hear i just do not partake in any of it considering what has occurred with me here ...i rather stay in my house and read a book
Hopefully that helped you out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
View detailed profiles of: