Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 04:10 PM

1,939 posts, read 3,925,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haolejohn View Post
With who? We asked for every discount we knew of. We're told that summer time discounts are hard to get because of supply and demand.

We were just in town during May and we paid $8 a day plus taxes which came out to $16/day.
That was the beginning of May.
Looks like you just sneaked in before the rates went up. Hertz. Certainly depends on availability.

Edit: I should have noted that you can book this online with a resident code. I found it online. Just did it now for July and it came back with a rate of $34 plus tax for a total of $54.11.

Last edited by Chilkoot; 06-03-2016 at 05:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 06:02 PM

1,931 posts, read 2,173,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilkoot View Post
Looks like you just sneaked in before the rates went up. Hertz. Certainly depends on availability.

Edit: I should have noted that you can book this online with a resident code. I found it online. Just did it now for July and it came back with a rate of $34 plus tax for a total of $54.11.
Thanks for that info. I'll check it out. We've always rented through enterprise or budget but budget has been marked off our list. While unloading our luggage the attendant locked the car keys inside the car. Our 5 week old child was in the car. It only took them 30 minutes to unlock the car.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:41 PM

1,939 posts, read 3,925,998 times
Whew, had to be an intense 30 minutes.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilkoot View Post
Whew, had to be an intense 30 minutes.
Afterwards it was harder. He slept and it was cool. After we got him out and were walking to PenAir's checkin k got a call and was offered a "small discount" for the mistake. At that point I got very upset and told them I wasn't ready to talk about it. What ifs started going through my mind.

Old 06-05-2016, 11:40 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,304,310 times
Quote:
That's not nearly as bad as I remember. Two years ago we paid over $200 a day for a rental. It was insane.
I got a mid-sized for 75 a day all in. Course, I didn't wait until a week or two before.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:28 AM

681 posts, read 1,208,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
He should be able to get a 1 day car rental for under $125
I got one in Anchorage this past week for $43.....a Toyota Camry from Thrifty. Booked on a Thursday for the following Tuesday.

Old 06-06-2016, 02:44 PM

2,383 posts, read 3,109,200 times
Quote:
Afterwards it was harder. He slept and it was cool. After we got him out and were walking to PenAir's checkin k got a call and was offered a "small discount" for the mistake. At that point I got very upset and told them I wasn't ready to talk about it. What ifs started going through my mind.
It sounds like you kept your cool and I have to hand it to you for that.

I lost my cool about a month ago when my truck nearly caught on fire because of a defective part that was replaced for the second time (why would you buy the same part again after you just told me it had a serial defect? wtf) because I'd had my niece in the truck the day before it happened. I knew my anger was misplaced and had to call my dad to calm me down before I called the mechanic, but I admit that I completely flew off the handle. I would kill someone if anything happened to that kid, and she's not even "mine." I can't even imagine how you felt. My mind is spinning with the what ifs for you... mainly the weather.

Old 06-06-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceme View Post
It sounds like you kept your cool and I have to hand it to you for that.

I lost my cool about a month ago when my truck nearly caught on fire because of a defective part that was replaced for the second time (why would you buy the same part again after you just told me it had a serial defect? wtf) because I'd had my niece in the truck the day before it happened. I knew my anger was misplaced and had to call my dad to calm me down before I called the mechanic, but I admit that I completely flew off the handle. I would kill someone if anything happened to that kid, and she's not even "mine." I can't even imagine how you felt. My mind is spinning with the what ifs for you... mainly the weather.
I've ran out of patience. I'm waiting for resolution and to be honest I'm not impressed with the sense of caring we've encountered from Budget.

Old 06-06-2016, 04:31 PM

2,383 posts, read 3,109,200 times
Quote:
I've ran out of patience. I'm waiting for resolution and to be honest I'm not impressed with the sense of caring we've encountered from Budget.
I'm really sorry that happened to you guys. That sounds terrifying.

Old 06-06-2016, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceme View Post
I'm really sorry that happened to you guys. That sounds terrifying.
The what ifs is what is scary. He slept the whole time. It was 55 degrees. Early Sunday morning. Could it have been worse? Heck yeah.

What pusses me off is just the lack of concern that was displayed. We Filed a complaint on May 19th and still haven't heard. I finally got someone today to look into the situation and we were informed that the anchorage branch is only Budget in name. It's independent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage