Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 01:01 AM

67 posts, read 167,807 times

Advertisements

Update: I am in a group on social media, and this lady in the group posts job openings in Alaska. One recent job is working with at-risk youth and another is working in addiction medicine, both of which i am qualified to do now, with a Bachelor's in Psychology (that's what they call for.) I reached out to the lady to get more information. I have not solidified any summer plans yet (I can take classes if I want, I can work, or I can do both), so I could potentially start working now in Alaska if things pan out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 01:45 AM

2,383 posts, read 3,110,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YahYouBetcha View Post
Update: I am in a group on social media, and this lady in the group posts job openings in Alaska. One recent job is working with at-risk youth and another is working in addiction medicine, both of which i am qualified to do now, with a Bachelor's in Psychology (that's what they call for.) I reached out to the lady to get more information. I have not solidified any summer plans yet (I can take classes if I want, I can work, or I can do both), so I could potentially start working now in Alaska if things pan out.
Just curious if these jobs are in Anchorage or somewhere else in Alaska?

Old 06-13-2018, 05:30 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,689,868 times
Quote:
Hi everyone. The guy I am currently dating on and off seems to want to stay in the town where he's lived for the past 2 decades (a comfort thing probably). I want to find a new partner at some point if the current one doesn't want to come to Alaska with me if I choose to move. Also, if this helps, I am 31 and will date guys ranging in age from 30 to 55. The dating scene in the New York City area - where I've spent most of my adult life - is horrendous because people (both males and females) are super picky, snobby, etc., and the men don't like to commit. Same goes for Los Angeles.

Sorry but what do you think you are?You sound more like you're talking about yourself.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:33 AM

1,931 posts, read 2,175,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceme View Post
I know I’m the bush, her profession makes pretty solid bank.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:56 AM

2,383 posts, read 3,110,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haolejohn View Post
I know I’m the bush, her profession makes pretty solid bank.
I imagine it would! In particular, working with at-risk youth or addiction medicine. That's exactly why I was asking. If living in the bush was up someone's alley, they could be on the early retirement plan. lol

Old 06-14-2018, 07:59 AM

1,931 posts, read 2,175,122 times
Quote:
I imagine it would! In particular, working with at-risk youth or addiction medicine. That's exactly why I was asking. If living in the bush was up someone's alley, they could be on the early retirement plan. lol
And that dating scene I know all about. It’s nonexistient.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:27 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,995,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsvibe View Post
Man, this thread has been a hilarious read. The old, duking it out with some married folks, about single people today/the dating scene. First off, if you haven't been single since the facebook revolution, you don't have any idea how bad dating has gotten. Thank God, that I have been married for 14 years now, and I missed all of this excitement. However, having a sister in law that I am close with, who is college educated and single at 27, that tells us about her struggles all the time, I have a good idea.

You think people were petty before, it has gotten a thousand times worse. The very first thing you do now is give the person you just met your facebook info. If they don't like what they see, you don't go any further. There are businesses now that help people create their facebook profile, with professional pictures, etc. If you get past that, then you have to deal with problems that modern feminism has created. My sister in law can barely keep a prospective date interested for a week. Once she lets them know that her legs are closed for business unless it gets serious, they bounce. There are plenty of young women on Tinder and other dating apps that prefer one night stands. So very attractive young man will have young ladies lined up, with the young ladies more than willing to have a good time with no strings attached. She has lived in both NYC and South Florida with the results being the same. Any very attractive, smart person is either married, or playing the field.
Disagree. Incels are not getting any success because they think FB is a great primary way to get dates. That's a huge mistake.

I haven't been in the dating scene for many years (I am also married, wealthy, and happy). But just in my normal life walking around, I've had women flirt with me because they think I'm funny, not socially awkward, and I don't shy away from engaging in conversation with a woman and making eye contact. Like these women will literally laugh, engage in touching (like grabbing my arm, or rubbing my hand while talking to me), until they see my wedding ring, at which point they usually refrain from further touching (sometimes).

People make a lot of excuses for why people won't date them. Easiest way to do a sanity check is look at yourself and ask "Why would someone date you?" and be brutally honest.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Yes, they are in Anchorage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Sorry but what do you think you are?You sound more like you're talking about yourself.
I'm a product of my environment. I'm so over it! I'm ready to move on.

Last edited by YahYouBetcha; 06-15-2018 at 05:34 AM..

Old 06-15-2018, 05:26 AM

Anyhow, I have been in Anchorage now since Wed night, and I absolutely love it! The first thing that struck me was the gorgeous scenery all around. Also, I've met some kind, genuine people here. And I feel like I can just be myself and not have to "maintain appearances" as I do in NY and LA. My experience here has been wonderful thus far. But yes - I need to come back during the winter months and see if I can endure it then.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:57 AM

2,795 posts, read 5,622,787 times
Quote:
Anyhow, I have been in Anchorage now since Wed night, and I absolutely love it! The first thing that struck me was the gorgeous scenery all around. Also, I've met some kind, genuine people here. And I feel like I can just be myself and not have to "maintain appearances" as I do in NY and LA. My experience here has been wonderful thus far. But yes - I need to come back during the winter months and see if I can endure it then.
Welcome to Alaska. Glad you are enjoying it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage