Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 05:12 PM

5,484 posts, read 12,276,224 times

Advertisements

As if travel to/from the outside wasn't difficult enough:

United Airlines to drop service to Alaska - Juneau Empire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 10:44 AM

254 posts, read 1,185,414 times
Wow, you just gave me a scare. Before I read the article I was afraid that we were going to lose out on our tickets that we've purchased. Geez, this is tough. There is already so little competition up there- I wonder how it will affect the prices on Alaska Air?

Old 06-03-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbykt View Post
Wow, you just gave me a scare. Before I read the article I was afraid that we were going to lose out on our tickets that we've purchased. Geez, this is tough. There is already so little competition up there- I wonder how it will affect the prices on Alaska Air?
Alaska Air is an opportunity first gig, so plan on paying more.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:33 AM

1,429 posts, read 3,427,109 times
Prices on the airlines need to go up more.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:58 AM

11,839 posts, read 29,029,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASpilot2be View Post
They're going up 300% down here. I just caught a blurb on CNN about it. But there will be a point where people will simply stop flying.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASpilot2be View Post
Well you won't be saying that when they affect you. Paying for baggage, eliminating the excess weight, longer lines, less availability AND higher prices won't have you cheering. Don't think the nickel and diming is going on in lieu of a price increase. You'll soon be paying much more for much less. Then talk to me about airline prices.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Well you won't be saying that when they affect you. Paying for baggage, eliminating the excess weight, longer lines, less availability AND higher prices won't have you cheering. Don't think the nickel and diming is going on in lieu of a price increase. You'll soon be paying much more for much less. Then talk to me about airline prices.
Flying first class on NWA is costing me almost as much as my cruise is. I'll never be doing it again. I'll also have to see if I can ever fly to Alaska again in the future. I may have to drive & take the ferry or drive through Canada. Most people can't afford to take that much time off. I'm going to be doing some job searching while I'm there as well. The lower 48 is starting to turn into a police state.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Flying first class on NWA is costing me almost as much as my cruise is. I'll never be doing it again. I'll also have to see if I can ever fly to Alaska again in the future. I may have to drive & take the ferry or drive through Canada. Most people can't afford to take that much time off. I'm going to be doing some job searching while I'm there as well. The lower 48 is starting to turn into a police state.
I don't think it's going to get much better down here, Barkley, but I really think it's only a matter of time before this stuff hits AK. I don't think any place in the states is immune.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
I don't think it's going to get much better down here, Barkley, but I really think it's only a matter of time before this stuff hits AK. I don't think any place in the states is immune.
You're right cobolt, but if people of good character are forced to make a final stand, then I'd want to be amongst kindred spirits.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
You're right cobolt, but if people of good character are forced to make a final stand, then I'd want to be amongst kindred spirits.
Alaska doesn't have the monopoly on people of good character. Rugged individualism, yes. But there are good and bad people everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
View detailed profiles of: