Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2007, 12:07 AM

740 posts, read 1,974,360 times

Advertisements

Hi. I am a carpet/flooring installer here in Anchorage and work has been steady. My buddy Mike and I have been working out on Fort Richardson which is an army base just outside of Anchorage. We have both been installing for about 10 years and will consider teaching the right person. My situation is a bit different from his. He is married with kids, so he can rarely travel outside of Anchorage. Let me explain my situation a little.

I am single and I really would rather be somewhere warm during the winter months and I love to travel. My plan is to find someone to train who would also like to do some serious traveling between jobs. I really like Central and South America and would love to do some serious backpacking.

The jobs we do are generally new construction housing or remodeling(we would just be doing the carpet and maybe vinyl) of existing houses. We are just about to finish up a job that has been going on for about 4 months. We have one week left. We are now the primary installers for a fairly large commercial contractor, and they have frequent bids on some pretty big jobs. We have been working 6 days a week, sometimes up to 12+ hours a day for the last 4 months. You will need to be a hard worker and very energetic.

You are probably wondering if their is good money in carpet installation. Yes, full installers can make 6 figure incomes if you are willing to work hard. The money is out there. As a helper, the starting wages are usually around $12.00 an hour. I will give you raises based on what you can do.

I will eventually be buying a small condo to live in while I am here in Anchorage working. If you decide this interests you, we can work something out down the road for living arrangements. I even have a car that has been sitting in my driveway, lol. If I can get it to run after being parked all winter, we can work something out. Mike and I having a helper is not a sure thing yet. Just something we are considering. If you are potentially interested, and would like to come see Anchorage...let me know. I have a spare bedroom that i just use for an office. I would probably let you stay here for cheap or even nothing. Any questions? PM me or just post it here.

Cheers!
Jason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2007, 10:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,568 times
Thumbs down Need Carpet pergo and peel and stick applied

Have 300 SQF of carpet, 155 sqf of Pergo, and 450 sqf of peel and stick linoleum in 1' squares. All material, carpet, pad, Pergo type, and peel and stick is on site. Remodel ready for install if you are available. Mark in Ypsilanti, MI 734-572-4410 or bigbearproducts@comcast.net, I am working on a budget and will be in town 13 and 14 April. If you can't do it I understand but do you have another person that might be available. Thanks, Mark

Old 04-08-2007, 04:05 AM

740 posts, read 1,974,360 times
Default I am a bit confused.

Hey there. Ypsilanti, Michigan is a long way for me to travel to do some flooring lol. Or am I mistaken and you live here in Anchorage?

Old 04-11-2007, 10:40 PM

423 posts, read 1,931,491 times
your advertisement is interesting but this isnt craigslist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage