Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 01:04 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,057,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Maybe a new meetup group to go graze on samples
Can't you just picture them running into the bathroom after each pass to change their disguise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 01:12 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,855,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzzz01 View Post
Can't you just picture them running into the bathroom after each pass to change their disguise?
Yup! ROFL....I would really appreciate video of the escapade

Old 12-20-2009, 01:14 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,855,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I was on the verge of suggesting that very thing, Granny. They could also provide us with reviews of places that offer free samples, and little tips on how to get the most out of the experience.

I am sure that there are soup kitchens in Anchorage that could be reviewed as well, and surely they could supply us with guidelines on how to dress, etc., when visiting those establishments.
I do think some stores/liquor stores have wine tasting also, with a little kick to the group (video wanted of course)... This should be a sticky

Old 12-20-2009, 02:07 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,754,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
Ok but what is a slice, 1/4 of an extra large, 1/8 of a large, is it at least bigger than a costco slice.
I think I better understand you, rppearso. It's about quantity, not quality. Anyone comparing Moose's Tooth pizza with Costco's is unclear of the concept of the value of gourmet pizza. I can't get eggplant, sundried tomato, artichoke, feta, or portabella pizza at Costco. Costco pizza is boring AND greasy.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:12 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,137,109 times
I'm thinking he was a dish washer there and got fired, there can't be any other explanation for his rants.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:53 PM

251 posts, read 680,207 times
Also if you shop exclusivly at costco the executive membership pays for itself and you get discount coupon books in the mail on top of the already low prices, I got a nice new faucet on super sale for like 70$ that would have cost me like 180$ at lowes or even more somewhere else. Also buy some discount liquor and some discount top of the line michellin tires and your card has probably already paid for itself and I saved like close to 400$ on my tires had I gone ANYWHERE else. Then the free samples on top of that. Right now they have some really good champaign on sale for less than 180$ a bottle, way to expensive for me but it was cool to see it there.

There is only one catch you have to be very careful what time of day you go otherwise it can be kind of stressful dealing with the crowds, I have never liked dealing with crowds, I like cut rate deals and being at the front of the line.

Once I learn to make gormet pizza the whole mooses tooth thing will not be a big deal, I make my own wine and need to learn to make my own beer.

Also ordering things on the internet in anchorage is a huge plus, even with priority shipping I can get just about anything electronic (even whole computers, flat screen 24" monitor and all) MUCH cheaper than going to best buy (sometimes on costco.com or direct from dell).

And thats how its done, so when we want to go to pizza man for a nice night out its alway sticker shock, I wish there were a way to order food on the internet without it being cold and gross when it got here I can guarentee it would be cheaper than going to mooses tooth, unfortunatly the only way you could do it is same day shipping which is really expensive. So as a person who orders almost everything I dont buy the shipping argument, maybe real estate is a bit more expensive here whatever it still extortoin prices. Ohh now that I think about it I should see if I can order some HOP's root beer thats probably the best root beer ive ever had and I have not been able to duplicate it but I am going to get a CO2 injection system to avoid using yeast in root beer to see if I can modify the flavor because I think I almost have it.

Old 12-20-2009, 04:21 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,137,109 times
Quote:
Also if you shop exclusivly at costco the executive membership pays for itself and you get discount coupon books in the mail on top of the already low prices, I got a nice new faucet on super sale for like 70$ that would have cost me like 180$ at lowes or even more somewhere else. Also buy some discount liquor and some discount top of the line michellin tires and your card has probably already paid for itself and I saved like close to 400$ on my tires had I gone ANYWHERE else. Then the free samples on top of that. Right now they have some really good champaign on sale for less than 180$ a bottle, way to expensive for me but it was cool to see it there.

There is only one catch you have to be very careful what time of day you go otherwise it can be kind of stressful dealing with the crowds, I have never liked dealing with crowds, I like cut rate deals and being at the front of the line.

Once I learn to make gormet pizza the whole mooses tooth thing will not be a big deal, I make my own wine and need to learn to make my own beer.

Also ordering things on the internet in anchorage is a huge plus, even with priority shipping I can get just about anything electronic (even whole computers, flat screen 24" monitor and all) MUCH cheaper than going to best buy (sometimes on costco.com or direct from dell).

And thats how its done, so when we want to go to pizza man for a nice night out its alway sticker shock, I wish there were a way to order food on the internet without it being cold and gross when it got here I can guarentee it would be cheaper than going to mooses tooth, unfortunatly the only way you could do it is same day shipping which is really expensive. So as a person who orders almost everything I dont buy the shipping argument, maybe real estate is a bit more expensive here whatever it still extortoin prices. Ohh now that I think about it I should see if I can order some HOP's root beer thats probably the best root beer ive ever had and I have not been able to duplicate it but I am going to get a CO2 injection system to avoid using yeast in root beer to see if I can modify the flavor because I think I almost have it.
Exclusively, champagne, gourmet, always, unfortunately, don't, extortion, I've, and that's all spelled wrong. I thought you were coming around for a few posts...

Old 12-20-2009, 04:26 PM

251 posts, read 680,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Exclusively, champagne, gourmet, always, unfortunately, don't, extortion, I've, and that's all spelled wrong. I thought you were coming around for a few posts...
Im bored. bye bye

Old 12-20-2009, 04:43 PM

89 posts, read 168,021 times
Quote:
Im bored. bye bye
adios,ciao,aloha,tot ziens,hejdå,ha det

Old 12-20-2009, 05:29 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Quote:

When I attempted to explain to you that shipping costs are a part of the higher prices at Anchorage restaurants, I wasn't talking about online shopping. I was talking about barging up supplies. It's expensive.

As far as online shopping, you can get free shipping at drugstore.com provided you spend a minimum of fifty dollars. If you're too cheap to do that you can always get a friend or two to go in on an order with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage