Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor
 [Register]
Ann Arbor Washtenaw County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2012, 09:34 AM

2 posts, read 3,378 times

Advertisements

Hi - I posted awhile ago about dog friendly apts and just found one this past weekend (thanks for all the suggestions!). So now I'm wondering about dog parks, playgroups, and things like that. I know such things are more common in cities but I'm hoping Ann Arbor will have a few. Our dogs are city dogs and therefore very social, and they are happiest with one or two dog park romps a week with other dogs. Will have a car in Ann Arbor so driving a bit to a dog park is not a problem. Thanks for all your help!

Last edited by oscalulo; 06-04-2012 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: Good vet and boarding recommendations in Ann Arbor would be appreciated as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 05:29 PM

50 posts, read 127,132 times
There are two city dog parks in Ann Arbor - one on the far north side and one on the far southeast side. I think dog part of the northside park is smaller, but the rest of the park is a lot more interesting. The southside dog part is next to the city landfill. Here is a link:
http://www.a2gov.org/government/comm.../DogParks.aspx

There was also a privately operated dog park in a rural area west of Ann Arbor, but I am not sure if it is still open and couldn't find a link to it. I think there may also be one in Saline, southwest of Ann Arbor.

Ann Arbor has strict leash laws, but there have been informal gatherings of dog owners and dogs off-leash at a couple of open spaces closer to the center of town for years. According to AnnArbor.com, the authorities have cracked down on this recently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor
View detailed profiles of: