Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor
 [Register]
Ann Arbor Washtenaw County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2012, 12:19 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

YPSILANTI, Mich., Sept. 19 (UPI) -- Police at Eastern Michigan University said a student reported being kicked by a professor when he fell asleep in class.

EMU Police Chief Bob Heighes said the student fell asleep during a 3 p.m. class Monday and the student filed a police reported at 6:11 p.m. alleging the professor kicked him in the feet to wake him up, AnnArbor.com reported Wednesday.

Read more: Sleeping student accuses professor of kick - UPI.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 11:21 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
If I were the professor, I would let the student sleep. If it wasn't essential for a student to be alert during my class, then it would be my fault as a professor. I had a class in college that I discovered it was better for me not to attend (except for test day) than to attend because I could learn all I needed to know from the text book, and the professor's lectures were a waste of time.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:57 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
At our local hgh school one teacher sprays sleeping students with water from teh fish tank, or slaps a pickled embryo down on the desk next to him or her. (Kids think it is a human embryo, I doubt it, probably pig). I guess the EMU student would really freak out over that.

Student has admitted sleeping in class. EMU should just kick him out or professor should fail him, except he is probably failing already so he wants to find a meal ticket for a few years.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:15 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,257,268 times
The student showed a lack of respect and "doubled down" by filing an inane police report. What a soft, sheltered, immature, selfish asshat!

Old 01-08-2013, 08:16 AM

1,149 posts, read 1,590,261 times
Wow, really? Even if the Professor did do it, there was clearly no bodily harm and they were both adults. I don't consider kicking someone in the feet some kind of assault. Why can't people man (or woman) up and just deal with things without court?

Old 01-16-2013, 10:39 AM

2,259 posts, read 4,750,068 times
There was a fellow student who would come into class put his books down and sleep, and after break he would leave. Evidently the school didn't want his money if he wasn't going to participate, so they gave him the boot.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:41 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,391,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
YPSILANTI, Mich., Sept. 19 (UPI) -- Police at Eastern Michigan University said a student reported being kicked by a professor when he fell asleep in class.

EMU Police Chief Bob Heighes said the student fell asleep during a 3 p.m. class Monday and the student filed a police reported at 6:11 p.m. alleging the professor kicked him in the feet to wake him up, AnnArbor.com reported Wednesday.

Read more: Sleeping student accuses professor of kick - UPI.com
Really? He kicked his foot? Did a med-evac hospital pick up the kid afterwards?

This new generation is playdough soft.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:19 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,436,414 times
The student is a widdle weenie baby and if the parents encouraged him to file a report, shame on them. They created a failure. Professors are not required to keep students interested and on the edge of their seat. They're supposed to teach, but, sometimes it doesn't happen. Oh, boo hoo hoo. Little baby has to have it keeping him awake, even if he was up until 3 am the night before. Oh, yezzz.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:33 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
That kid will drop out in another semester or two and then spend the rest of their life complaining about how the nasty, professors, or the university, or the State, or the Republicans, or the Democrats or whatever ruined their life plans and forced them out of school. the will walk around feeling that society 'owes" them because they were so badly treated and they should get support for free without working for it. We sure are producing a lot of these types right now.

I wonder what this student woudl say about our local high school teacher who slams a dead pig embryo down on their desk if they fall asleep, or squirts them with water, or has everyone very very quietly leave the room. Personally, I think that teacher is awesome and the kids love him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor
View detailed profiles of: