Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Architecture Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 11:03 AM

237 posts, read 391,958 times

Advertisements

The shed roof line to the left of the front door is my biggest hang up, I don't really care for it and makes the symmetry of the house really jacked up. My wife likes it, so we remain at this impasse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 12:22 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,139,402 times
#1, the stone elevation.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:26 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,821,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dystopian View Post
The shed roof line to the left of the front door is my biggest hang up, I don't really care for it and makes the symmetry of the house really jacked up. My wife likes it, so we remain at this impasse.
I agree, I am not crazy about it either, it looks out of place.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:27 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times
Quote:
#1 is more popular now, stone mixed in with stucco or brick is in. #2 looks more typical SoFla. Is it Minto?

Old 08-29-2013, 11:42 PM

17,473 posts, read 66,019,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
#1 is more popular now, stone mixed in with stucco or brick is in. #2 looks more typical SoFla. Is it Minto?
We're not talking veneers here- it's about the elevation!
And as I stated in my previous post; and others, along with the OP that 1st "ELEVATION" with the hideous shed roof just doesn't jive!

Old 09-05-2013, 10:08 PM

17,473 posts, read 66,019,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smith256 View Post
I think you and your wife should decide that by your own. Because i thinks it should not matter you what people think of your house because you have to live there So I think you should take decision by your own

Perhaps reading AND understanding the English language would help with a more intuitive response.

As a general rule, people buy homes based on a FLOORPLAN that fits their needs and lifestyle (which I feel certain the OP has done)- not those of the general public. The FRONT ELEVATION is something everyone sees! So, having a general consensus from the public makes the decision easier. Or another way to "look at it"- if it's not inviting to the general public, how would you ever get anyone pass the front door when you try to sell it?

Old 09-06-2013, 07:47 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,869,664 times
Quote:
Hello,

So my wife and I are considering a home and there are two exterrior choices and we are divided over it. It is important to us to have a home that is appealing to others in that one day we will resell it and want the curb appeal to be there. Any insight would be appreciated regarding these two elevations.

Thanks.
Both are horrible sorry. Are you building this house? If so please get an architect.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:18 AM

237 posts, read 391,958 times
Thanks everyone for your replies. The comments alone have reassured me that I made the right decision.

We have decided to not build with this builder because neither of the elevations were appealing and it was way too much money to invest in something I didnt want to look at despite the floorplan working well for us. I also didnt want to go into something with a fundamental (evelation choice) hit to curb appeal.

Thanks again.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:26 PM

2,202 posts, read 4,326,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Both are horrible sorry. Are you building this house? If so please get an architect.
I agree. But before the OP considers getting an architect I would recommend getting: What Not To Build: Do's and Don'ts of Exterior Home Design: Sandra Edelman, Judith Kay Gaman, Robby Reid, Clarke Barre, Dan Piassick: Amazon.com: Books
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Architecture Forum