Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 06:52 PM

54 posts, read 99,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Although, I did try the tri-tip at Chuy's on your recommendation.
great.... but did you like it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 06:56 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,822,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcaz1957 View Post
great.... but did you like it?
Yes, it was good. Wasn't as tender as I've had in the past, but I'm no expert. My buddy had it as well and starting getting it regularly there, so he certainly liked it.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:01 PM

4 posts, read 6,207 times
1) Which restaurants: I've lived here since 2008 and I used to be a professional food critic/columnist. You want to stick with the "mom and pop" restaurants that cook from scratch. AVOID the places that rely heavily on food service deliveries. In Bullhead City, Lizzie's Kitchen is outstanding. Best Mexican in town. It's a small franchise, but the Black Bear Diner in Bullhead City is usually decent (although I've had a terrible burger there.) Both are affordable.

2) Absolutely NO East Indian, Afghani or Middle-Eastern restaurants. There are two Thai restaurants in Bullhead City. The one on Hancock is better than the one on Highway 95. A couple of Japanese restaurants, they're acceptable but pricey. Average Chinese restaurants.

In fact, this is a region that is predominantly white and I've personally witnessed the incredible depths of racism and ignorance that reside here. I wish we had MUCH more in the way of ethnic culture here. It's DEPRESSING. If I could move, I would.

3) NO Kosher/Halal. Sorry. You'll have to drive to Vegas for that. I knew an Armenian business owner and he had to drive 100+ miles to even get the basics.

4) NO farmer's markets. Again, Vegas.

Old 06-19-2011, 04:57 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,152,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by always_tell_the_truth View Post
1)
In fact, this is a region that is predominantly white and I've personally witnessed the incredible depths of racism and ignorance that reside here. I wish we had MUCH more in the way of ethnic culture here. It's DEPRESSING.
Cry me a river...

Old 06-25-2011, 12:09 PM

11 posts, read 16,922 times
Love all the responses. We have lived in Kingman, AZ for 12 months, my spouse for 2 years. What I didn't see mentioned was Lombardo's. It's an Italien sit down too. Also, the Haulaipai Mountain lodge up the mountain is one of those that the locals know about. It's got new owners as of 3 weeks ago, just met them, very nice people. Tried the Chinese restaurant on Stockton Hill, food is buffet style, very tasty, smells like good oils are being used, but could use a broom more if you know what I mean. Not sure of their rating in the paper. I love the downtown sandwich shops, right down on Main street there's the Deli & also Siren's Sandwich Shop. There are more downtown restaurant I haven't tried. Lots of antique shops down there. The Chili's here is great, that's a chain though. Also, the Denny's is a chain, but to be honest, I haven't eaten at Denny's for over 15 years, the service was so bad back East. When I finally tried it, kicking and screaming, I was pleasantly surprised. Just Denny's food, but the service was fast and friendly. Other than that, we don't get out much, lots of Kingmanites eat in I think. Lots of tourists out there though. I will be trying some of the places people have recommended! Thanks!

Old 06-25-2011, 12:11 PM

11 posts, read 16,922 times
Forgot to mention I have found ORGANIC FOOD in the local Safeway on Stockton Hill. For foodies like me, we need to keep purchasing it and also request more. They seem to have a good variety (for Kingman). Please support that effort, and we may actually have some quality produce here at some point. They also carry Organic meats, which I have found is no more expensive than the shops in vegas. So, support them and request more!!!

Old 08-20-2011, 07:36 PM

11 posts, read 18,759 times
The Thai place next to Canada Mart was open for business when I ate there in July 2011 and looks busy as I drive by every afternoon, and it IS a surprise to find a Thai place hanging in and doing well in a city that doesn't get much recognition for a cosmopolitan :-) For anyone interested, it IS authentic and good. I wish I could talk my wife into it more often LOL She does better at Chili's or the DamBar.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:40 PM

Did the other deli east of 4th on the N side of Beale -- the place with the green tiles around the door -- shut down? I had dinner there and it seemed pricey, but the sandwich menu looked like it was good -- but that was Dec 2010.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:44 PM

Speaking of Chuy's, do you think the biker "colors" protest thing had anything to do with their demise? I don't know about the rest of you all, but anyplace where bikers hang out is someplace I'll avoid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona