Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2007, 07:19 PM

2 posts, read 17,133 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about the weather in Camp Verde, Az. in the winter? Is it warm enough to camp thru the worst part of the winter? And, what are good camping sites? And, summer, is it extremely hot? What about health facilities? Senior housing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2007, 07:23 PM

83 posts, read 954,161 times
Can't really help here, I was just offered a teaching position at this school district but have not been there yet. I am from Michigan and cannot imagine the winter being too cold to camp, it is actually rather funny that you would think that a 40 degree annual low is freezing, try 40 below!

Old 04-21-2007, 07:46 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Not to be rude, but it seems like an odd question. Are you looking for a place to spend the winter? It's probably not the snowbird's dream temp-wise in winter. Highs mostly in the 50s-low 60s. Nights in the 20s. Summer is hot (95-100) with semi-frequent afternoon rain showers. It cools off very nicely at night. There is a national forest campground at Clear Creek near Camp Verde and there are a couple of private campgrounds/RV parks, including one of the nicest little parks I have seen on Clear Creek. It's an adults only, though. Just past Camp Verde is the Coconino National Forest with acres upon acres of land available for camping. No campgrounds on this side though, so it's dry camping.

Old 05-10-2007, 03:19 PM

2 posts, read 17,133 times
Wink about Camp Verde

Thanks for the imput. But, I am from Ohio, and know what the weather can be out East. I am looking for my cousin, in Ohio, to come thru the winter in their camper. If it gets in the 20's at night, then, camper floors are pretty cold. It is hot now, down there, so, I can imagine what it will be later this summer. I am also wanting to know about Prescott Valley too, for myself. The weather that is, and the traffic, etc. I am in Flagstaff, and thinking of going down there, because of the elevation here. Any ideas on that. They are building nice senior apartments that I may go to. Also, wondering about the people, etc. down there. I do love Flagstaff, but, we had a lot of snow this winter, and it does get pretty cold. That's why I left the east. But, I don't like real hot weather either, like Phoenix, that is why I am looking at Prescott Valley. Any feedback would be appreciated!! Jeaniegirl

Old 11-24-2010, 04:59 AM

18 posts, read 16,498 times
Very clean and very friendly place to stay,and the winter ,little no appropriate to me ,pretty good !fantastic

Old 11-24-2010, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniegirl_59 View Post
Can anyone tell me about the weather in Camp Verde, Az. in the winter? Is it warm enough to camp thru the worst part of the winter? And, what are good camping sites? And, summer, is it extremely hot? What about health facilities? Senior housing?
It's pretty darn cold at night - 20s, low 60s days. In summer it's around 100 for highs.

Do you have an RV? One of my favorite commercial campgrounds is in Camp Verde on Clear Creek. Don't recall the name, but it is right on the creek banks with big cottonwood trees and fenced sites. Really cute. 55 plus park. If I were a snowbird that place would be my spot for the winter.

There is a USFS campground right next to the RV park, but it has limited amenities and probably limits stays to 14 days.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:15 AM

34 posts, read 87,942 times
I figure she found what she was looking for as this post is 3 and a half years old. Camp Verde does not come to mind for warm Winter camping.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmike9 View Post
I figure she found what she was looking for as this post is 3 and a half years old. Camp Verde does not come to mind for warm Winter camping.
LOL. Think so? But for every snowbird who asks there are 1000 too shy to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona