Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 01:09 PM

63 posts, read 151,921 times

Advertisements

I planned on leaving next week but now the docs here say "im not going anywhere" The titanium screw they inserted in my foot broke, and now has to be replaced. I told them not to worry since i'll be flying and not driving. They said technically the surgery should have happened last week. WTF! what a bunch of Mary's! my ankles a little swollen is all. The way I figure it the surgeon out in Phoenix can perform the same operation, and rehab out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 02:00 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,525,952 times
There's more than one. My experience is that I want to deal with the VA as absolutely little as possible. It's government bureaucracy at it's worst. Good luck.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:48 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,487,689 times
The VA can be "B" to work with. If they already have a surgery scheduled for you soon I would try to stay where you're at if possible. If not you should contact (don't remember the title) the liaison guy/gal at the VA in Phoenix(their picture is on the wall). They can/do help a lot.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:12 AM

II have had really good care here in the Boston area, so i'll just stick with the known vs the unknown, another 2 months of re-hab and physical therapy this is really dis-heartening. Changes everything around and kills all my latest plans. I guess the good news is the weather will be mild by the time I show up.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:32 AM

1,046 posts, read 3,487,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnQp View Post
I guess the good news is the weather will be mild by the time I show up.
Silver lining in every cloud or some crap like that.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:13 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,924,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnQp View Post
II have had really good care here in the Boston area, so i'll just stick with the known vs the unknown, another 2 months of re-hab and physical therapy this is really dis-heartening. Changes everything around and kills all my latest plans. I guess the good news is the weather will be mild by the time I show up.
Once you get here, and if you decide to live in the northern part of the state, you would probably be dealing with the VA hospital in Prescott. My family has been going there for years, starting with my dad when he was 26 and badly injured in a plane crash. My brother deals with them too and I've heard very few complaints. I would imagine it's not nearly as busy as the one in Phoenix. Sorry to hear about the delay in your plans but it's probably better to get things taken care of now rather than later!

Old 07-17-2010, 12:17 PM

I actually looked at land in Prescott a little rich for my blood i'll probably settle for something in Seligman or in the highland area/s of Flagstaff although the elevation kills me. Not really worried about the elevation so much rather motor vehicle. Right now this thing is painful as hell so it needs dealing with. From the triage info i'll be gimping around on this thing for a while, so I may just settle on a starter home 10-20,000 somewhere in the Phoenix area and work my way up on a land purchase. I worry about renting a home after a land purchase because if the people don't pay it's a real problem evicting them. It is around here (my landlord constantly (b**thes about it) prob the same in your area.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
From the triage info i'll be gimping around on this thing for a while, so I may just settle on a starter home 10-20,000 somewhere in the Phoenix area and work my way up on a land purchase.
Not to burst your bubble, and perhaps I'm just misunderstanding, but I think you'll have a heck of a time finding a "starter home" (or any kind of home, outside of perhaps a run-down dump in the ghetto) in Phoenix for $10,000 to $20,000.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:03 PM

I found a dump in 'county ' for around 11k the well needs purging the place is all run down and probably needs a new septic tank, about 60 miles away from Phoenix.....I have seen a few other dumps also do you consider 60 miles close?

Old 07-17-2010, 02:29 PM

No, I wouldn't consider 60 miles close. That's about Tonopah to the west, Coolidge to the SE, beyond Black Canyon City to the north, Wickenburg to the NW, and Superior to the east. Most wouldn't even consider that to be in the "Phoenix metro".

Still, there's a reason the place costs 11k. If you're willing to accept it for what it is and put in the work, more power to ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona