Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 01:08 PM

37 posts, read 205,052 times

Advertisements

Maybe you are just too old to appreciate youth? Like when you were young you did not do anything crazy?

Old 02-28-2008, 01:10 PM

ps, the problem is not the youth. The problem is a police force that MAKES UP CHARGES TO FILL THE CITY COFFERS. You do not have to break the law to be thrown in jail in Havasu.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:30 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,016,755 times
I work for a Sheriff's Office and I have friends and family in law enforcement in various areas and we all hear the same thing from some of the "youth" (who are often in their 30's!)...law enforcement is awful where they live, they get picked on and arrested for nothing, they are just "having fun" etc etc etc. Yes, I was young once but breaking laws was simply not accepted, and if you did, you expected to be reprimended and did not blame others for your actions. Havasu is policed by some very upstanding officers and my suggestion to you is, if you can't abide by the county ordinances and laws...don't go there.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:52 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourist beware View Post
Maybe you are just too old to appreciate youth? Like when you were young you did not do anything crazy?
Yes; I did some stupid stuff (never arrested though) and caught flak from the 'Man'---------hindsight being 20/20: the cops most of the time were simply doing their job.

Hangin' out with the homies' and havin' a few beers is one thing--------if flying under the radar.

Calling attention to one's self is akin to having a big, fat red target with a sign stating----------> DUMB.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:12 PM

so you then agree that the policy of Havasu to arrest anyone and everyone for the sole purpose of gathering fine money for the court is a bad thing.

The problem in Havasu of coarse is that police are not just arresting people for having beer underage. They are arresting people whom the officer says was swearing. If you have a video of the events before during and after the arrest that proves you did no such thing the local Judge does not allow it into evidence as he has NEVER ruled against the police.

8 years and not so much as a traffic ticket that was written wrong, or cop who forgot a procedure. Either that police chief should be running the FBI (and dont even suggest that) or something is wrong is denmark.

Old 03-01-2008, 01:30 PM

30 posts, read 131,791 times
And my second question is... how many times have the police hassled you? Okay, so there's corruption... if there is, where do you come in? There's a reason why you are attacking the LHC police. Yes, they're kids, yes, they need to be taught how to do a "rea" policemens' job, but why are you so concerned about how the police run their operations? How much trouble have you gotten into here?

Old 03-01-2008, 02:06 PM

I have never been arrested. In fact I was police volunteer for many years. I now spend my time court watching and I am stunned with the railroading I see going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: