Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 09:50 AM

4 posts, read 46,572 times

Advertisements

I have seen a few people looking for info on moving to Lake Havasu City Az. Here is my advice. DON'T! I moved here 7 years ago form Chicago and I do not like it at all! I am moving away from here A.S.A.P. The web sites that I looked at prior to moving here said that the school systems was good and it is not at all! it said that the summer high's were about 110 degree's and thry are not. yesterday it was 122 and today it is supose to be 126. There are big problem's with the water, and the service that you get here. If you call a plummer or someone out and they do not feel like keeping the appointment they just don't show up no call or anything. I have no clue how people stay in business here. people here say they will be there on Havasu time! which means when ever they get around to it. It is a very hot, strange place and the way they do things here is nuts... as for me I can not wait to leave!!! OH... one more thing there is not affordable housing here. this web site said house are like about $190,000 the real price is like $250,000 and up.
Look elsewhere.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:13 PM

63 posts, read 327,867 times
Word of advice. . . do not relocate anywhere until you take time to actually go there to check it out yourself. The views on any website are the views and opinions of the person writing them. Sorry, your relocation to LHC did not live up to your research. Better luck to your next move.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:52 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilenewin View Post
I have seen a few people looking for info on moving to Lake Havasu City Az. Here is my advice. DON'T! I moved here 7 years ago form Chicago and I do not like it at all! I am moving away from here A.S.A.P. The web sites that I looked at prior to moving here said that the school systems was good and it is not at all! it said that the summer high's were about 110 degree's and thry are not. yesterday it was 122 and today it is supose to be 126. There are big problem's with the water, and the service that you get here. If you call a plummer or someone out and they do not feel like keeping the appointment they just don't show up no call or anything. I have no clue how people stay in business here. people here say they will be there on Havasu time! which means when ever they get around to it. It is a very hot, strange place and the way they do things here is nuts... as for me I can not wait to leave!!! OH... one more thing there is not affordable housing here. this web site said house are like about $190,000 the real price is like $250,000 and up.
Look elsewhere.
I can understand where youre coming from, but I sincerely hope youre not comparing Chicago to LHC, expecting LHC to be remotely comparable to Chicago. Youre talking about polar opposites here. LOL LHC is probably the hottest city in the world perhaps, er at least in the Americas.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:35 AM

82 posts, read 370,741 times
I've seen a lot of unhappy people who have moved out to AZ recently. Unless you like dry and hot and ugly AZ is not for you.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:31 AM

12 posts, read 138,020 times
Default Contrary Opinion of Lake Havasu

For those considering LHC it is not as bad as ilenewin makes it out to be.

Yes, we get several days each year in the 120’s but the National Weather service reports July’s average high is 108. Some will think even 108 is extremely hot but it is true that the low humidity, rarely above the teens, makes it much more comfortable than a 90 / 90 day in the MidWest.

We don’t have kids so I can’t comment on the schools but I don’t hear much dissatisfaction with them.

Big problems with the water??? No more than any other city west of the continental divide.

I agree that there are some businesses that operate on ‘Havasu time’ but there are also very reputable businesses in town. I tend to patronize businesses that have a long history in town.

There are some houses available for $200,000 but there are some very nice ones in the $250k range. Prices have escalated over the past 2 years as Californians purchased vacation homes here with the equity from their California homes.

I will admit that we are also considering moving from Havasu but not because we don’t like the city. We have always lived on a typically sized residential lot and we want acreage which just isn’t available in Havasu.

If you have an interest in Havasu come check it out; you just might fall in love with it like we did.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:01 PM

28 posts, read 220,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyPioneer View Post
I've seen a lot of unhappy people who have moved out to AZ recently. Unless you like dry and hot and ugly AZ is not for you.
I think it's pretty harsh to dismiss the entire state of Arizona, don't you? I've lived all over Arizona for the past 16 years. Of course there are some places that are dry and hot and ugly, but I'm sure you'll find at least one unpleasant area to live in in every state. As someone who has explored many parts of both southern and northern Arizona, I can say that there are some truly spectacular places here!

Old 08-02-2007, 12:24 PM

1 posts, read 40,711 times
We have a holiday home in LHC. We love it. If I thought we could find enough qualified people to work in our manufacturing plant, I would move our operation there, in a heartbeat.

A word of advice.... Don't come to Havasu if you can't take the heat. It is the desert after all.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:55 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,124,664 times
My take on LHC:

I lived there for a few months in early 2000 (had to leave for family reasons) and the town was really a neat place; friendly people inexpensive housing etc.

Returned in 2002 and Havasu deteriorated badly between the horrific spike in housing costs, traffic and general bad attitude. And too for the size of the city; amenities there are very poor i.e. shopping, etc.

In other words: unless you are really into water sports (when the drunk idiots are not out on the lake); pass on LHC.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:41 PM

1 posts, read 40,369 times
Default Lake Havasu Living

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilenewin View Post
Look elsewhere.
as Harry Truman once said if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. I have also lived in Chicago and I wouldn't trade it for 10 Lake Havasu Cities. The cold and wind is much worst than the heat in Havasu. As for the schools here, they aint the best but Chicago schools are crime ridden and schools for drugies. Homes are also cheaper here than Chicago. Wake up and smell the roses

Old 09-29-2007, 04:54 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,196,988 times
I might be visiting Havasu soon. How's the Blackforest German restaurant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: