Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 04:08 PM

260 posts, read 512,171 times

Advertisements

Arizona was on the CNN news today, about the wine making industry doing really great, even in the recession they did not have to lay off any employees. And the desert soil is the best place to grow good grapes.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:26 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,525,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlecoming View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you at all. You're right on every point. I support the immigration bill because illegals are milking the system but I also support the law cracking down on businesses that hire illegals. Yout better believe Arizona is full of crooked politics and it's not really all that conservative when you get down to it. It's vastly extremist and one-sided. Most mainstream conservatives are at least willing to support education and Medicaid, not leaving thousands of people without any coverage. Wages in this state suck. Everyone brags about how great it is to buy a home for less than $100-thou but that's only to offset the pathetic pay the average person gets. Seems like only the self-employed ones or the wheeler-dealers in cookie-cutter development can make it big here. Lucky for me I'm moving out of here in the next month or so. The PNW is more expensive to live in but at least has better quality jobs available and the people are generally more intelligent than Arid-zona could ever hope to be. I'm fed up with this backward dried-out sun-parched state and all the baked brains that go along with it.

Yeah, I just love your generalizations. Using logical fallacies really improves your point and makes you sound oh so smart. I'm surprised someone with your huge brains lasted even a day in "Arid-zona". And that's such a clever term--Arid-zona--kind of like Kansas' song Point of Know Return. It's a play on words. Like Washing-too-liberal-for-me. Get it? It's Washington, and ultra-liberal, all rolled up in one.
Of course, not all of Washington is liberal. Some of Washington is quite conservative. It all depends on where you live and who you hang with.
In any event, all the rain and gloomy-clouds will give your "backward dried-out sun-parched" brain all the moisture it needs and then some.
Good luck.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:30 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,525,152 times
To respond further, I look at posts where there is a lot of generalizations and name-calling as being destructive criticism. There is no point other than to paint as bleak a picture as possible all the while puffing something (or someone) else up.
Take this:

Quote:
Yout better believe Arizona is full of crooked politics and it's not really all that conservative when you get down to it. It's vastly extremist and one-sided. Most mainstream conservatives are at least willing to support education and Medicaid, not leaving thousands of people without any coverage. Wages in this state suck. Everyone brags about how great it is to buy a home for less than $100-thou but that's only to offset the pathetic pay the average person gets. Seems like only the self-employed ones or the wheeler-dealers in cookie-cutter development can make it big here. Lucky for me I'm moving out of here in the next month or so. The PNW is more expensive to live in but at least has better quality jobs available and the people are generally more intelligent than Arid-zona could ever hope to be. I'm fed up with this backward dried-out sun-parched state and all the baked brains that go along with it.
That's what I call "verbal throw-up". There's nothing constructive in there. It's also a bunch of logical fallacies all thrown into a long paragraph.
Is there some kind of study, proof or evidence that "Arizona's politics" are "crooked", especially in comparision to other states? I would love to see some sort of link or data showing that Arizona is "vastly extremist and one-sided", because most people I know would desribe it as "a little more conservative than liberal and somewhat libertarian" (or something similar to that). Wages in Arizona (all of Arizona?) "suck"? I know I make pretty good money and I know many others do as well. Obviously not all do, but that's anywhere. The cost of living is pretty low in most of the state, so that certainly evens things out if what you say is correct--if.
How do you measure "intelligence"? Seriously, what measuring device do you use to determine if someone is intelligent or not? I want to know because what you said most on this forum should find offensive. Are you suggesting that you are more intelligent than me? If so, how are you determining that?
One (of many) measuring devices I use is logic. Are you using logic and reason when you talk (or type)? Are you constantly using logical fallacies?
Your last sentance above said, "I'm fed up with this backward dried-out sun-parched state and all the baked brains that go along with it." Are you saying that I have a "baked brain"? I guess you need to put all of us down to puff yourself up. I guess we're all at the bottom and you're way up at the top.

This is my favorite post of yours, though:
Quote:
The lowlifes are really attacking me in another thread. No worries. At least I'm educated and motivated enough to get out of this hellhole of a state, and I'll leave the trash like them behind.
Lowlifes? Uneducated? Trash "like them"? You do realize you are talking to real people, do you not?
Anyway, verbal throw-up posts like this speak way more about the person saying them than anyone else. They are meant to "destruct" and not "construct". They are meant to make the poster feel better about himself by name-calling and belittlement. Sad.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:24 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,492,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
To respond further, I look at posts where there is a lot of generalizations and name-calling as being destructive criticism. There is no point other than to paint as bleak a picture as possible all the while puffing something (or someone) else up.
Take this:

That's what I call "verbal throw-up". There's nothing constructive in there. It's also a bunch of logical fallacies all thrown into a long paragraph.
Is there some kind of study, proof or evidence that "Arizona's politics" are "crooked", especially in comparision to other states? I would love to see some sort of link or data showing that Arizona is "vastly extremist and one-sided", because most people I know would desribe it as "a little more conservative than liberal and somewhat libertarian" (or something similar to that). Wages in Arizona (all of Arizona?) "suck"? I know I make pretty good money and I know many others do as well. Obviously not all do, but that's anywhere. The cost of living is pretty low in most of the state, so that certainly evens things out if what you say is correct--if.
How do you measure "intelligence"? Seriously, what measuring device do you use to determine if someone is intelligent or not? I want to know because what you said most on this forum should find offensive. Are you suggesting that you are more intelligent than me? If so, how are you determining that?
One (of many) measuring devices I use is logic. Are you using logic and reason when you talk (or type)? Are you constantly using logical fallacies?
Your last sentance above said, "I'm fed up with this backward dried-out sun-parched state and all the baked brains that go along with it." Are you saying that I have a "baked brain"? I guess you need to put all of us down to puff yourself up. I guess we're all at the bottom and you're way up at the top.

This is my favorite post of yours, though:

Lowlifes? Uneducated? Trash "like them"? You do realize you are talking to real people, do you not?
Anyway, verbal throw-up posts like this speak way more about the person saying them than anyone else. They are meant to "destruct" and not "construct". They are meant to make the poster feel better about himself by name-calling and belittlement. Sad.
Yeppers. Arizona has its problems. So does an other state.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:49 PM

334 posts, read 664,404 times
The original law was intended to guarantee citizenship to former African American slaves -- when it was debated it had a 100 year limit. The limit was dropped before it became law. It was never meant to protect children or relatives of those of who came here illegally. One-half of the world's legal immigration comes to the USA. Isn't that enough?

Old 02-28-2011, 07:12 PM

582 posts, read 1,484,109 times
The entire point of all this craziness in AZ is the Republican party all over the country is manipulating the truth, and pitting people against each other, so they can dominate the electorate and eliminate the Democratic party.

I knew when President Obama chose Janet Napolitano as Homeland Security chief that the state was going to turn for the worst.

The only way that crazy Jan Brewer was going to have a chance of actually being "elected" governor was to use the "Southern Strategy" of making whites fear people of color in order to get their votes. Russell Pearce who helped craft SB 1070 has documented dealings with white supremacist groups.

All of this immigration frenzy is just a bunch of nonsense, and anyone who can research will see that AZ only has 500,000 illegal immigrants in the state, and that white business owners are the ones who have for years been exploiting them to increase the bottom line for the shareholders.Why do we have such a problem with illegals that requires such harsh measures when the other border states aren't behaving so radically?

Why is Arizona the only border state that isn't majority non-white? Conservatives have worked overtime to block the turnover, because once AZ crosses that 50% mark of non-white citizens, it will be a permanent blue state. And the children of immigrants are turning legal age at a rapid pace. And with legal citizenship they ain't voting for Arpaio or any Republicans are they?

Look at what is happening in Wisconsin. The same crap. Republicans manipulating the system so they can win elections, lower wages, steal all the money from the government, and give it to their wealthy crony friends.

The illegals aren't voting. They can't. This is why all the lies were made up about Acorn. Acorn was registering many lower income and ethnic voters legally, and Republicans know that if large amounts of lower income and non-white people register to vote, it makes it tough to win elections.

Democrats need to fight harder and push for a immigration bill, but they are afraid the Republicans will negatively spin it in a way that costs them some white votes. It's a shame that politics comes before people in this country.

The increase in crime in AZ and all the stories about violence are exaggerated above the truth to scare white people who aren't comfortable with large ethnic population growth in Phoenix, to vote and vote Republican.

We've been through this in the 90's with that racist and crooked Evan Mecham governor who got impeached.

There is a strong good ole boy political network in AZ, but little by little as demographics change and people won't let crazy social issues determine their vote, this state will be forced to come around and have a more open minded political climate.

This kind of negative politics in AZ will scare away people thinking of coming to our state who are used to being in diverse surroundings, and from areas where multi-ethnicity is cherished. It will only attract people who are older and uncomfortable with diversity.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:22 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,492,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober13 View Post
The entire point of all this craziness in AZ is the Republican party all over the country is manipulating the truth, and pitting people against each other, so they can dominate the electorate and eliminate the Democratic party.

I knew when President Obama chose Janet Napolitano as Homeland Security chief that the state was going to turn for the worst.

The only way that crazy Jan Brewer was going to have a chance of actually being "elected" governor was to use the "Southern Strategy" of making whites fear people of color in order to get their votes. Russell Pearce who helped craft SB 1070 has documented dealings with white supremacist groups.

All of this immigration frenzy is just a bunch of nonsense, and anyone who can research will see that AZ only has 500,000 illegal immigrants in the state, and that white business owners are the ones who have for years been exploiting them to increase the bottom line for the shareholders.Why do we have such a problem with illegals that requires such harsh measures when the other border states aren't behaving so radically?

Why is Arizona the only border state that isn't majority non-white? Conservatives have worked overtime to block the turnover, because once AZ crosses that 50% mark of non-white citizens, it will be a permanent blue state. And the children of immigrants are turning legal age at a rapid pace. And with legal citizenship they ain't voting for Arpaio or any Republicans are they?

Look at what is happening in Wisconsin. The same crap. Republicans manipulating the system so they can win elections, lower wages, steal all the money from the government, and give it to their wealthy crony friends.

The illegals aren't voting. They can't. This is why all the lies were made up about Acorn. Acorn was registering many lower income and ethnic voters legally, and Republicans know that if large amounts of lower income and non-white people register to vote, it makes it tough to win elections.

Democrats need to fight harder and push for a immigration bill, but they are afraid the Republicans will negatively spin it in a way that costs them some white votes. It's a shame that politics comes before people in this country.

The increase in crime in AZ and all the stories about violence are exaggerated above the truth to scare white people who aren't comfortable with large ethnic population growth in Phoenix, to vote and vote Republican.

We've been through this in the 90's with that racist and crooked Evan Mecham governor who got impeached.

There is a strong good ole boy political network in AZ, but little by little as demographics change and people won't let crazy social issues determine their vote, this state will be forced to come around and have a more open minded political climate.

This kind of negative politics in AZ will scare away people thinking of coming to our state who are used to being in diverse surroundings, and from areas where multi-ethnicity is cherished. It will only attract people who are older and uncomfortable with diversity.
I dont think being brown skinned is the problem. Its being here ILLEGALLY that the problem.

Most illegals ARE Mexican and them being here makes us American Chicanos look real bad. Our rep aint the best alrady since so many of us act stupid, sad to say.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:49 PM

174 posts, read 240,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
I dont think being brown skinned is the problem. Its being here ILLEGALLY that the problem.

Most illegals ARE Mexican and them being here makes us American Chicanos look real bad. Our rep aint the best alrady since so many of us act stupid, sad to say.
I can see point, but I think the problem is getting to be more global too. There are Illegals coming in from all over the world. More now than ever.

When illegals were moving here in much smaller #s it was barely noticeable, and we could absorb them..even though it was still illegal. It's reached the point where we will no longer be able to absorb the shear volume...tens of millions of Illegals coming from all over the world..Not just Mexico. We should take on the same immigrant laws as Mexico and other nations...Realistic laws! People from around the world are getting to be experts in manipulating our laws and good nature. The latest gig is for legal immigrants getting theyre retired parents here and putting them on Social Securty even they have never paid into it.

2 things to do before anything else..Ship illegals back as soon as possible and get rid of the anchor baby programs. If they really want to be part of our country they should start by obeying our laws. Let's see what happens if tens of millions of US citizens illegally enter Mexico. first thing we would find out is that we would have to pay for the hospital stay and birth and second we wouldn'r automatically become Mexican citizens because we were there illegally.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:10 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,366,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieWrecked View Post
You can't grow grapes anywhere south of prescott it seems.
Not true at all.
There are wineries in Elgin, Sonoita & Wilcox (maybe a few other southern Arizona locations as well).

Ken

Old 03-01-2011, 11:12 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,771,173 times
Default manybe califorinia should take them..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
This law is idiotic. It is not the children's fault their parents came here illegally. It saddens me that these new born babys will be taken from their parents and put in some orphanage in who knows where in Mexico. If these law makers knew anything, they would know, that everyone is illegal. We all came from somewhere else! The Native Americans were the first people on this land until the Europeans took it away and then eventually California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, parts of Colorado, Texas, and Oklahoma were all apart of Mexico at one point.
Maybe they should stay in Mexico to start with. I know , I do have a heart, but I do see where this sloppy border is taking us .............add it up. Count the cost.......be responsible and charitable.........and let Arizona experiment with a democratic republic that is their right........if you want your rights don't be so quick to deny Arizona free government, maybe they can teach us something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona