Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2011, 06:54 PM

246 posts, read 629,383 times

Advertisements

I asked this on my Kingman thread, but no one answered. Where do the locals eat and drink coffee in Kingman? Hubby probably going out there next month, and Kingman is one of the places he'll be checking out. Nothing like listening to the gossip from the locals for info, not to mention probably the best food at reasonable prices.

When we were out there last month we ate at Calico's. It was good and the server was nice, but I think it's a chain. The guy at the Welcome Center (or whatever you call it) recommended Calico's. He was a super nice guy too and was very helpful. Sorry to sound so mushy but it's the truth, LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 06:58 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,435,320 times
Quote:
Where do the locals eat in Kingman?
Did you see this thread?

//www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...-laughlin.html

Edit to add - a lot can be said about a good Welcome Center in a town. Sets the tone for a good visit

Last edited by Gandalara; 08-18-2011 at 07:00 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 08-18-2011, 07:11 PM

Nope, I searched but must have missed it somehow. Although it was probably right smack in front of me

Usually there is one place where people go for coffee and gossip, the thread was more for restaurant recommendations.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:12 PM

Yes we were very pleased with the Welcome Center and the guy that was working there. The girls that were with me bought some things, and we all had to use the restroom too.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:07 AM

81 posts, read 271,910 times
Since the Silver Spoon closed there really isn't one particular place. There is Patrick's up on the northern side of town, but it's very small without as much traffic. Mainly the locals in that immediate area. Be nice if someone opened something.
Now, a lunch type place there is Siren's Cafe, or The Hoagie Hut both on Facebook and post their specials. Follow them a week or so and you'll get the jist of their menu. Very affordable home made food.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:40 AM

Thanks Billie - found and following. I must be hungry the food being posted looks so good!!

Old 08-22-2011, 02:47 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,063,176 times
I was up there a few months ago and asked the same question of the motel clerk....he knew what I was getting at and said no place like that really exists anymore in Kingman.....I ended up going to the little cafe at the airport NE of town a couple miles and it was decent if a bit quiet....some local old guys who are into the airport/airplane history there were at the next table......

and the Welcome Center/visitors center in the old power house downtown is fantastic.....what a great lucky deal that the city, or whomever, got the use of that building and put it to work....nice people at the desk, excellent museum upstairs, good preservation of the building....great to see that sorta thing work out

Old 08-22-2011, 08:35 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,476,118 times
Yep the airport cafe is a great hidden out of the way spot, Mia Saritas is back behind Jack in the Box off of Andy Devine and its pretty authentic. Oysters is also another Mexican that is a great place to eat.
Thai downtown by Train and the Chinese Buffet behind Sonic on Stockton Hill are my choices which are possibly in the other thread.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:47 PM

Wow I'm starving!!!!
(But thanks)

Old 08-22-2011, 09:07 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Did you see this thread?

//www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...-laughlin.html

Edit to add - a lot can be said about a good Welcome Center in a town. Sets the tone for a good visit
whe I was camping in Bullhead city we went to Kingman with friends stop at the Golden coral on the main street, don't think you can find better at a great price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona