Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 03:27 PM

1,108 posts, read 3,327,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerulrich View Post
I am thinking of moving to Arizona. Don't mind a little cold, but not frigid and don't want to be in the middle of the desert. We are in out mid 50's. Not so much on night life, but looking for a place that is reasonable living wise and near a beach or lake if that is possible. We enjoy riding our motorcylce, having parks to take our dogs to and good places to eat. Oh and would like to be somewhat near Cali. 4-5 hr drive for weekend trips. HA, am I asking to much!!!

The closest thing would be around the lakes. And the lakes are in the alpine areas. And really it is just the lakes. There are no beaches to speak of.

Probably not quite what you are looking for but I suggest you check out Mohave and Yavapai counties. There are several small towns and a handful of lakes in alpine areas.

Not sure AZ is the right choice for you if you don't like the desert.

If you were willing to live in desert area I would suggest Parker or Lake Havasu area - you would get the water and proximity to CA but would also be in the desert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona