Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2011, 01:00 PM

57 posts, read 90,515 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. Friend has me really taking notice at how cheap real estate is compared here in north east (NH). Our families have been looking at better climates. Worried will be to hot in AZ though. Better areas to beat severe heat, but no winter (or at least to what we have) in AZ ? Never been land locked either, good lake would be nice with in hour drive. How is over all job market ??

Thanks for any and all info.

Last edited by 68428GOAT; 09-20-2011 at 01:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 01:53 PM

1,248 posts, read 3,514,740 times
Frankly, the job market sucks here and the pay's terrible. There's a reason real estate is cheap.

Presently, I'm looking out of state for better employment opportunities with little luck.

Old 09-20-2011, 05:34 PM

86 posts, read 259,878 times
Ditto on the current job market. It really does SUCK right now.

About 10 years ago, jobs were much easier to find. Now you have a few thousand people applying for one open position.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:22 AM

I think jobs are poor in every state, so may be an unfair question.

Prescott seems to have a good overall climate. What surrounding towns will have cheaper real-estate or rent??

Old 09-22-2011, 08:29 AM

Looking for good neighborhoods. Was trying to stay out of the valley for high heat. But phonix area seems better for highways, hospitals, amenities, water sports. Been doing reseach for Gilbert area.
We have little bills, no kids, two dogs coming with us.

We are use to having major shopping, returants, and thing in a 30 min drive. Have never been landlocked, we are 45 min from ocean. A pool would be a must. Wife is book keeper, I am carpenter by trade (Rather not be in a trade job) now at a irrigation supply house.

Looking to do this with in a year. Want to plan a trip once we get key on a general area. Good friends will also be coming with us. One of them has lived in Mesa a while back.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:32 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,712,922 times
I live in Prescott, moved here 3 years ago from SE AZ.
We have several lakes in this area, I am 4 miles from a stocked trout lake and there are many within an hour or more drive too. WE have lots of trees and national forests around too.
We have 4 seasons here including some snow but it's not much normally.
Here are some WX averages. Monthly Averages for Prescott, AZ (86303) - weather.com

You won't find too many pools up here but you will find them in the Phoenix area. Most are not heated there however.

On the down side not much construction in AZ period while the lower valley has more than we do.

Towns within an easy commute to Prescott are Chino Valley, Prescott Valley to name a few.

I grew up on the SF Bay and had the ocean very close. Yes I miss it but life goes on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona