Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2012, 02:48 PM

8 posts, read 18,222 times

Advertisements

Hello im moving to arizona in about 2 weeks and i need to know if i can get a az license if i never had a pa license i never took the permitt test but i have recieved some tickets no tickets for speeding just got some tickets for driving without a license never been convicted of a crime or any thing so if you can please help me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 03:24 PM

1,082 posts, read 1,914,589 times
Motor Vehicle Division

Old 02-29-2012, 03:43 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,166,831 times
What did the Arizona MVD say when you contacted them? Their answer is the only one that matters. I imagine if you have no outstanding tickets in your home state, you will be OK.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:08 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,905,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Chanel View Post
Hello im moving to arizona in about 2 weeks and i need to know if i can get a az license if i never had a pa license i never took the permitt test but i have recieved some tickets no tickets for speeding just got some tickets for driving without a license never been convicted of a crime or any thing so if you can please help me
If you had been stopped and given a ticket for driving without a license did they also ticket you for not having insurance? You can’t get insurance if you don’t have a license, so you must be driving without that as well?

Old 02-29-2012, 07:10 PM

8 posts, read 18,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
If you had been stopped and given a ticket for driving without a license did they also ticket you for not having insurance? You can’t get insurance if you don’t have a license, so you must be driving without that as well?
no i was driving my mothers car it was insured so what do you think about that do you think i have a chance in getting my license

Old 02-29-2012, 07:14 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,166,831 times
Quote:
no i was driving my mothers car it was insured so what do you think about that do you think i have a chance in getting my license
Once again, you need to contact the Arizona Motor Vehicles Department for an answer.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:36 PM

44,647 posts, read 61,684,084 times
Quote:
Your mother's car would be only insured for licensed motorists to drive it.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:38 AM

^^ unless you take mom’s car without asking. Or if mom is irresponsible and allows unlicensed drivers to use the car, either way it’s not a good thing to occur on the streets I’ve seen too many issues with unlicensed and uninsured drivers.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Breaking the law and not having a license to drive is a crime.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:03 PM

710 posts, read 3,393,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Breaking the law and not having a license to drive is a crime.
Not true, driving with no valid license is a civil infraction, ARS 28-3151A, not a crime, and neither is your other reply to OP about not being able to purchase car insurance without a driver's license.

You'll pay a higher premium, and might have to shop at one of the lower tier carriers ... safeauto, the general, etc. but you can surely buy state minimum liability coverage. Plenty of unlicensed drivers around the PHX area driving registered and insured cars because of our mandatory tow law, under ARS 28-3511.

As far as a license goes, if OP has never had a US issued license, he/she will need to take the test and practical at an AZ MVD. If he/she has an out of state license, it's as simple as trading it in.

If her driving privileges are suspended (even if she has no license this can be so because of tickets/fines/missed court dates,etc) in another state, this will show up at the MVD because of the interstate driver license compact, and (s)he'll have to address the suspension with that particular state, before AZ will proceed with the driver license issuance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona