Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think that Doctors & Businesses should be put on notice?
Yes 5 62.50%
No & Face a Fine. 0 0%
Put a Notice of improper business practices on their license 3 37.50%
No & Take away their license after several complaints. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:21 AM

101 posts, read 452,994 times

Advertisements

drcmao - I never said my son nearly lost his arm. I said he came very close to suffering permanent damage to his arm. We were playing "Ring around the Rosies" with him, when we all went to "all fall down" at the end, he twisted, resulting in a dislocated elbow. Which KRMC completely failed to diagnose. When we got back home to CA, the ER doc there (Ojai hospital) had it diagnosed and fixed within 10 minutes of us walking in the door. It had taken us about 7 hours to drive home...the doc said if my son had gone much longer with his elbow dislocated like that, he would have likely suffered permanent damage, resulting in some loss of use/mobility.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:16 PM

29 posts, read 92,440 times
Talking in defence of kingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In defense of Kingman: I have heard that the KRMC is actually quite good------arguably the best in Mohave County.
"i have heard" and a newspaper survey are hardly proof of good quality health care,"there are non so blind as those who will not see".you are not defending Kingman you are defending substandard doctors and nurses.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:21 PM

13,304 posts, read 21,928,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popswatch View Post
"i have heard" and a newspaper survey are hardly proof of good quality health care,"there are non so blind as those who will not see".you are not defending Kingman you are defending substandard doctors and nurses.
Do you have some specific information you wish to share with us? Or are you just taking random pot-shots for sport?

Old 01-28-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Do you have some specific information you wish to share with us? Or are you just taking random pot-shots for sport?
i was sharing the message that whenever public apathy over the medical mistreatment of others is used to forgive malpractice of hospitals and doctors everyone suffers in the community.is that clear enough for you?

Last edited by popswatch; 01-28-2008 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 01-28-2008, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambrush View Post
Have you ever heard of EMTALA ?

MedLaw.com :: EMTALA REGULUATIONS--§489.24 -- Special responsibilities of Medicare hospitals in emergency cases.

Have you ever heard of HIPPA?
HHS - Office for Civil Rights - HIPAA

these agencys do surprise visits and checks to ensure your allegations do not happen.
have you ever heard of corporations who ignore federal law and have people like you come to there defense,i am glad to have this kind of semi-public debate so people will know what a backward state arizona is.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haymann View Post
Vegas is the state for rejct doctor's. In Vegas consumers have little if any recourse, at all, for protection from any business. Citizens have become cash cow's for business's and corporation's.

I think this has become, or is, becoming a nation wide problem. All the crying about law suites and consumers who file law suites has put the KABASH on suites, resulted in business's being able to get away with anything they want.

Off the subject you will get slaughtered by auto mechanics these days to. Your better off tradeing your car in if you have a problem in Kingman or Vegas.
every small town with people who have small minds blindly supporting bad "doctors" is a place for reject doctors and they are most likely laughing at all of us because they know that there is nothing we can do.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I'm sorry to hear of your son's friend's problems. However, this is an issue between her and her doctors. It's a little unfair to slam the entire Kingman medical community, isn't it? Look at the poll you created. You're not trying to collect any information as much as you are trying to make a big stink. We've lived in several states and we're quite pleased with the quality of the medical care that our family has received here in Kingman. I would urge you to reconsider your approach.
do you have any hard evidence or are you just trying to discredit anyone who reports a problem.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:21 PM

8 posts, read 25,897 times
Default from substandard RN....

Popswatch - So you have met all RN's working at KRMC? Hello? Hi! One right here, never met you before Im sure. I went to school for 4 years, graduated nursing with honors, passed my boards the first time with the minimum of questions possible and Im currently enrolled working on my Masters Degree in Nursing. I went to school to help take care of the sick and get people like you generalizing over maybe one bad experience at our hospital (which happens everywhere, any hospital) that all RN's are substandard. I would like to thank you personally for nursing shortages around the world.

Pippi333- Man that sucks, Im sorry that happened to you. Hope everything is okay with him now. Did they not xray it?

~drcmao

Old 01-29-2008, 09:04 PM

101 posts, read 452,994 times
Thanks, DRMCAO. His arm is fine now, he turns 10 soon, and although the elbow did dislocate once more about a year later when twisting funny to get out of our van, that was the last time, thankfully.

To answer your question, two older women did x-ray it at KRMC, and they were tremendously callous and mean towards my son as they did it...he was screaming in pain, and they were saying in annoyed voices, "Oh come on, that doesn't hurt". It was horrible.

The second hospital, back home in CA, said that it's not an injury that shows on x-rays...I forget the proper medical term, but the ER doc there said it was what is known as "tennis elbow", and happens more commonly when children are swung by their arms (like when mom and dad each take and arm, and go 1..2..3..swing! as they all walk together?), but he said it can happen by doing something as simple as reaching up for something on a high surface, and just twisting the arm at the same time, in the wrong way.

Anyway, I know mistakes are made in all hospitals, it's not just KRMC. But between that incident, and the one where Dr. Lemanski referred my infant to an Oncologist simply because he could not read blood tests properly, were very frustrating events.

I called the hospital and complained about the first incident, back in '99. The rep I spoke to was very understanding and apologetic. I've encountered several nice people working at the hospital, aside from those two taking the x-rays back in '99, it's just that the bad experiences we had there, understandably left us concerned about the level of care that is available at the facility. That incident with the doc not even knowing how to correctly read blood test results just floored me.

Take care.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:16 PM

8 posts, read 25,897 times
Default sympathy...

Yes I can totally sympathize with that. I would probably be pretty upset myself. I was just curious because some people exaggerate so much like if an IV went bad in an arm then they "almost lost their arm" You know what I mean? So I was just being nosey. Glad everything is better now and if you ever have to come back I hope your experience is much better.

~drcmao

Last edited by drcmao; 01-30-2008 at 08:17 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona