Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think that Doctors & Businesses should be put on notice?
Yes 5 62.50%
No & Face a Fine. 0 0%
Put a Notice of improper business practices on their license 3 37.50%
No & Take away their license after several complaints. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 01:43 PM

2 posts, read 7,063 times

Advertisements

I am very upset to hear that a person that my son is dating has started having a very seriuos meno-pause bleeding problem and has gone to several doctors in kingman,AZ,and has had test done and then told that they would have to schedule some surgery to correct and stop the bleeding.After a few days went by this person contacted both of the doctors and they told her that they did not know what she was talking about,now because she can not get any proper medical treatment after about 2 weeks her boss fired her for not getting her medical problem corrected.I do not beleive that the doctors in the kingman area should be allowed to just ignor their patients,and I don't think that the city of Kingman,Mohave county or the state of Arizona should allow a business to fire someone just because they have a medical problem.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:12 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,835,413 times
I'm sorry to hear of your son's friend's problems. However, this is an issue between her and her doctors. It's a little unfair to slam the entire Kingman medical community, isn't it? Look at the poll you created. You're not trying to collect any information as much as you are trying to make a big stink. We've lived in several states and we're quite pleased with the quality of the medical care that our family has received here in Kingman. I would urge you to reconsider your approach.

Last edited by kdog; 09-14-2007 at 02:24 PM..

Old 09-14-2007, 03:10 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,169,481 times
That is not a fair representation of the town of Kingman. Two doctors out of how many?? DO you really think that doesn't happen in Phx?? I am becoming weary of all doctors and hospitals. I know SO many people who go in for some procedure and have complications galore! It happened to me as well. I went in for a gallbladder surgery which was supposed to be a 23 hour stay that turned into a 4 day event! That was in North Phoenix. Give me a break! I had a friend just have a baby this week and had no problems. Guess what? I was shocked that it went well because everyone I know has had some kind of problem, either having a baby or surgery.

Think again if you think this is just in Kingman.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:14 PM

22 posts, read 54,501 times
People who go to any doctor in Kingman,AZ or anywhere else has the right to receive compitent professional medical treatment and services from those doctors office help without any excuses.As far as doctors and their staff that do not give full and complete medical treatment they should be put on notice with the state medical board,and after the state receives just so many complaints the state should void their doctors licenses for atleast 1-year.I'm sorry that most people in the Kingman area just do not understand that a doctor is supposed to give professional experienced medical treatment to everyone at all times,and to
just give the run around to a person with a medical problem is totally disgraceful
and totally incompitent and unprofessional.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey896 View Post
I'm sorry that most people in the Kingman area just do not understand that a doctor is supposed to give professional experienced medical treatment to everyone at all times,...
Ok, first it was the doctors. Now you have an issue with "most people in Kingman".

So did you file a complaint with the medical board, or are you just venting?

Old 09-14-2007, 03:33 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,169,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey896 View Post
People who go to any doctor in Kingman,AZ or anywhere else has the right to receive compitent professional medical treatment and services from those doctors office help without any excuses.As far as doctors and their staff that do not give full and complete medical treatment they should be put on notice with the state medical board,and after the state receives just so many complaints the state should void their doctors licenses for atleast 1-year.I'm sorry that most people in the Kingman area just do not understand that a doctor is supposed to give professional experienced medical treatment to everyone at all times,and to
just give the run around to a person with a medical problem is totally disgraceful
and totally incompitent and unprofessional.
It's the against the rules for this site to have more than one account.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:40 PM

I completly agree with the lady in North Phoenix that there is a very serious problem with the doctors in the state of Arizona.We moved here 11 years ago and have had nothing but problems with every doctor that we have tried to get them to treat us for our conditions with the same prescriptions that has keep us alive for over 20-years.We've had doctors tell us to just take this new medcine and don't check any drug books to see if it will hurt you,some doctors are not interested in the medical records that we brought with us-they just tell you that they want you to have all kinds of tests and mri's and that's even if you can't afford them.We've even had a doctor say to us how do I know if your in pain,what's his problem doesn't he even beleive his patients.I am really starting
to beleive that Arizona is the reject state for doctors that have been thrown out of all of the other states.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:00 PM

There's no more to tell,a person can go to a doctor in Kingman and have that doctor refer you to another doctor for treatment and surgery,but only to have some test done and told that they would have to schedule a date for the surgery.
After calling the doctors back several times to find out the date for the surgery and have the doctors office state [ we do not know what your talking about ] I think that most people with even the smallest amount of common sense would have to agree that this person did not receive proper medical care or treatment.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:11 PM

Oh this is really good. Check out today's headline in the Kingman Daily Miner.

Survey: Patient satisfaction up at medical center

Click on the links to see the story.

You can't make this stuff up!

Old 09-14-2007, 05:18 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
In defense of Kingman: I have heard that the KRMC is actually quite good------arguably the best in Mohave County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona