Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 07:49 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,030,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I've been to Algodones at least ten times, you?

The US is is both north and east of algodones and there is only one small road heading into Mexico from the town.
Full time RV'er, RV park in Yuma, dental work in Algodones so yeah, I've been there a few times.
BTW, if anyone goes there's a great fish taco/shrimp taco stand right in the entrance to the courtyard by all the shops. Cooked fresh when you order and their salsa is amazing! Best $2 I've spent in a while!

Old 05-17-2012, 10:16 AM

39,082 posts, read 51,266,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
That doesn't mean it's the dentist's fault, it could be the state of your tooth. Teeth can decay under a crown, I didn't know this until it happened to me recently and that was a US crown installed in 2003.
I was reading a while back that the average life of a crown is 12 years. Gold lasts best. I have a gold crown that was put on 40 years ago.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:00 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,716,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I was reading a while back that the average life of a crown is 12 years. Gold lasts best. I have a gold crown that was put on 40 years ago.
WOW, Ponderosa . . . A CROWN AT AGE FIVE?

! ! ! ! ! !

Old 05-17-2012, 02:18 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,711,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Full time RV'er, RV park in Yuma, dental work in Algodones so yeah, I've been there a few times.
BTW, if anyone goes there's a great fish taco/shrimp taco stand right in the entrance to the courtyard by all the shops. Cooked fresh when you order and their salsa is amazing! Best $2 I've spent in a while!
Your attitude seems to be that you have decided that because I live in Sierra Vista now, I have always lived there but since you have actually had dental work there you can speak to that. I have not. As to it being unsafe in Algadones I can speak to that, It is probably safer than much of Phoenix

Old 05-17-2012, 02:43 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,267,501 times
Quote:
Do it all the time and have been for several years now. Thousands do. There is nothing to fear. I will not go to a US dentist again if I don't have to - bunch of snake oil salesman and ripoff artists. You can't believe a thing they tell you. You get treated better and it cost 1/4 to 1/3 of what it would in the US. I go to Algodones.
Just went to a dentist here...I agree with the snake oil salesperson description. Can you please send me a direct message on where you go and who you see?

Old 05-17-2012, 03:11 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,229,892 times
I wouldn't go. I'm simply not familiar enough with Mexico to feel comfortable going down there for anything right now - regardless of who recommends what to me and swears by it.

Besides, believe it or not, I love, love, LOVE my dentist!

Old 05-17-2012, 07:37 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,030,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
I wouldn't go. I'm simply not familiar enough with Mexico to feel comfortable going down there for anything right now - regardless of who recommends what to me and swears by it.

Besides, believe it or not, I love, love, LOVE my dentist!
You know, I can relate to what you're saying. I do have to admit that my last root canal and crown was done in Surprise. Not because I didn't trust the Mexican dentist but because the insurance I had at the time made it almost as cheap when you included everything involved.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:37 PM

111 posts, read 181,389 times
Friend of mine went to Dr. Moderator cut: snip in A.P. and the doc. told him he had gum desease and all his teeth had to come out. He decided to get a second opinion and saw his regular dentist in the U.S. who examined him and said his teeth were fine. Read a book called "The Reaper's Line". It's a true story of a customs agent on the border in Douglas. They busted a group of Mexican dentist's who were smuggling drugs across the line for one of the cartels. I can't imagine something like that happening in the U.S.

Last edited by Kimballette; 05-18-2012 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: Consumer complaints are not permitted on City-Data.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:25 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,235,195 times
Quote:
It's what's under the crown that normally causes the problem, not the crown itself. I had a root canal with a crown on it and that went south due to no explainable reason and then I had a crown put on a filled tooth (by IMHO a reckless dentist in Camp verde who is crown happy - if you live in the area, you know who he is), and I got a cavity under it - who knew that could happen!

Old 05-19-2012, 08:28 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,932,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
It's what's under the crown that normally causes the problem, not the crown itself. I had a root canal with a crown on it and that went south due to no explainable reason and then I had a crown put on a filled tooth (by IMHO a reckless dentist in Camp verde who is crown happy - if you live in the area, you know who he is), and I got a cavity under it - who knew that could happen!
Very happy with my dentist in VOC. No need for a 4-5 hour drive south just to see a dentist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona