Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 08:34 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,472,115 times

Advertisements

I am standing on a corner in Winslow, AZ such a fine sight to see lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 09:11 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,064,630 times
"Any town is going to be better than this **** hole.Lazy dirty people you would think there was no running water in Winslow."

Things To Do In Winslow On A Friday Night In February:

fire up the computer and google around for something about town.....among the results, find this "city-data" website thing that has a two-year old thread about how bad it is....join this "city-data" website and revive the thread by immediately making a post about how bad the town is.....feel a little self-validation that you're better than all the others in town.....realize that, when you moved to Winslow, you brought yourself with you

Old 03-01-2015, 07:36 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,613,074 times
Any town or city will work for you as long as you're willing to make changes in your own personality and attitude, and there's nothing seriously wrong with Winslow (or anywhere else) that people who are willing and able could not make changes in.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:54 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Any town or city will work for you as long as you're willing to make changes in your own personality and attitude, and there's nothing seriously wrong with Winslow (or anywhere else) that people who are willing and able could not make changes in.
That depends. A town like Bullhead City kinda sucks for people who don't drink or gamble as I've found out since I do live here. OTOH Sedona would be a bad place for a party animal or gambler.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:10 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,202,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmenter View Post
Now that I have lived in Winslow for awhile I am no ready to give my opinion on this deplorable town.

Winslow is very repressed and sad looking. Gangs, Drunks, and unruly kids roam the streets. You cannot leave anything unlocked otherwise it will get stolen.

There is garbage all around the town and there are also stray animals running around everywhere. Most of the houses are not worth a crap in this town.

I plan to leave this deplorable town. Does anyone have any ideas of another small town where I might be able to go and live. I would like to find a small town that is not like Winslow, Arizona.
Winslow sounds like thousands of small towns all over the country.

I don't care what part of the country you're in, get off the Interstate away from even a medium-sized metro and take some state or county highways, and you're going to see sad, dying towns everywhere. At one time these places were market towns or little manufacturing centers that provided services, produced products, and provided jobs for the local area, but now most are filled with old folks and lots of low-lifes and dopers because the businesses have all closed up and people drive to bigger towns 15-20 miles or more away to work or shop. Eventually, those people just move away.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:20 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
Winslow is a poor Native American, Hispanic town, like a few dozen others in AZ, and especially NM. I recall getting the same feeling in Thoreau and Las Vegas, NM. When I stayed in Las Vegas, I learned the people were exceptionally warm and friendly. It is not a high energy go go go anglo culture, and I suspect most of the residents with ambition move out for opportunities, so you get a passive, fatalistic, but family-oriented culture left behind. I saw the same thing in the far west of Ireland. Old towns forgotten by time, where they really don't care if you are impressed our not. They were here before you, and they will be here when you are gone.

I do sympathize with the thing about gangs. Young boys in these poorer towns always seem to get sucked into that trap.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:27 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,073,910 times
Quote:
Now that I have lived in Winslow for awhile I am no ready to give my opinion on this deplorable town.

Winslow is very repressed and sad looking. Gangs, Drunks, and unruly kids roam the streets. You cannot leave anything unlocked otherwise it will get stolen.

There is garbage all around the town and there are also stray animals running around everywhere. Most of the houses are not worth a crap in this town.

I plan to leave this deplorable town. Does anyone have any ideas of another small town where I might be able to go and live. I would like to find a small town that is not like Winslow, Arizona.
Sounds like you could have observed all of those things before you decided to live there. I don't understand people who complain about a place that is exactly what they saw before them when they moved in. Even crime rates are well documented.

Old 03-01-2015, 04:10 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,518,315 times
Quote:

I lived in Winslow for 2 years back in 1974 and 1975, owned a small business,
sounds like Winslow has not changed from those days.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:58 AM

701 posts, read 1,429,385 times
Part of the problem with Winslow is that it's the right near the border with the Navajo Nation where alcohol is banned. Consequently, it's a convenient place for many Navajo residents to go on a bender.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:44 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,613,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainWhite View Post
Part of the problem with Winslow is that it's the right near the border with the Navajo Nation where alcohol is banned. Consequently, it's a convenient place for many Navajo residents to go on a bender.
However, if drugs can make their way into America, alcohol may be able to find its way into the NN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona