Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2012, 07:19 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

I'm with Sprint and my cell don't work real well in Mohave Valley. Any body know what carrier is good there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 07:14 AM

1,552 posts, read 6,476,741 times
When I am down there picking up supplies from venders my AT&T work cell does a pretty good job.My personal Sprint cell phone seems like I always get data coverage. this would be around the Hospital to the safeway store section.
If I go south and on into Needles to catch I-40 never had a issue. But along the river towards Golden Shores Topock not much is going to help in there.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:26 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambrush View Post
When I am down there picking up supplies from venders my AT&T work cell does a pretty good job.My personal Sprint cell phone seems like I always get data coverage. this would be around the Hospital to the safeway store section.
If I go south and on into Needles to catch I-40 never had a issue. But along the river towards Golden Shores Topock not much is going to help in there.
Thanks. My cell is hit or miss near King St and 95 on the mountain side.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:51 AM

My employer years ago provided call phones from each carrier and drive our area which was from Ashfork - Seligman -Truxton and on through Bullhead and Havasu to Wikieup. At that time it was AT&T and Sprint was 2nd best with Verizon not so good out west. By now they have put in new towers and upgraded.
IF I did not travel and stayed local then Mohave Wireless would be a choice, though a friend just used his Mohave phone up into Yellowstone with no problems. This accounts to the fact that they are partially controlled by Verizon.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:56 PM

Made three trips past King Street today on 95 Sprint had some coverage but not much data my AT&T phone was pretty strong. Was weird coming in from Needles and watching signal strength on both phones. Sometimes Sprint was winner sometimes it was AT&T quite a cycle

Old 10-21-2012, 01:00 AM

223 posts, read 434,718 times
I had Sprint for about 12 years. They promised, promised and promised they'd be adding towers soon. I finally gave Sprint up and went with T-Mobile. Now, at least, I don't have to drive to 95 to get signal. I can actually talk on my cell inside my house. Sometimes.

Hubs has a company phone with Verizon. He says the signal's a bit better at home than T-Mobile.

Moral of the story is...if you live amongst the farm fields in Mohave Valley like I do, you don't have reliable signal. But, I guess it's reliable enough in my driveway when I have to call Suddenlink (Sudden-Death) because I have no land line because it died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: