Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2013, 10:36 AM

2,806 posts, read 3,179,552 times

Advertisements

I think the reform will come, particularly after Sen. McCain's words of warning to his own party yesterday:
"The Republican Party has failed to understand to a significant degree the importance of this issue to our Hispanic voters," McCain said during a breakfast sponsored by Politico. "I think the trend will continue of lack of support from Hispanic voters and also as you look at the demographics of states like mine, that means we will go from Republican to Democrat over time."
McCain: Failure to act on immigration could turn red states blue | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

What do you think will happen in Arizona following the immigration reform? Do you see any changes?
Recently, I read an article about successful labor unionization in California among professions typically occupied by Latinos, maybe something similar will happen once they are legal in Arizona?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 09:38 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,947,978 times
Many folks that will be allowed a path to citizenship may stay in the Texas and Arizona area because it will makes it easier for them to visit their loved ones in Mexico since Az and Texas are so close to the border. I think Arizona will get more new residents than many other states, in fact some that moved away will come back. Remember we are in the top 5 for fastest growing states in the USA.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:09 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,460,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential_Landlord View Post
I think the reform will come, particularly after Sen. McCain's words of warning to his own party yesterday:
"The Republican Party has failed to understand to a significant degree the importance of this issue to our Hispanic voters," McCain said during a breakfast sponsored by Politico. "I think the trend will continue of lack of support from Hispanic voters and also as you look at the demographics of states like mine, that means we will go from Republican to Democrat over time."
McCain: Failure to act on immigration could turn red states blue | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

What do you think will happen in Arizona following the immigration reform? Do you see any changes?
Recently, I read an article about successful labor unionization in California among professions typically occupied by Latinos, maybe something similar will happen once they are legal in Arizona?
I hate how these people keep saying Arizona and Texas are going to change over to blue states. The WHOLE goddamn United States is going to be blue within 50 years.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:23 PM

635 posts, read 784,695 times
Default More Obama supporters.

More well come for the free stuff.More license plates in Mexican flag colors(i see these front plates every day) and more Spanish spoken everywhere since they dont really want to be Americans.Not like all the Europeans who have come here and learned English and wanted to fit in. My immigrant impression anyhow.
And more cheap labor to keep the wages down.They're like modern slaves.

Last edited by kapie9969; 01-31-2013 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: needed to add something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona