Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 05:06 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times

Advertisements

YUMA, Ariz. (AP) - Authorities in Yuma are investigating the shooting death of a 19-year-old man who may have tried to break into a home.

Yuma County Sheriff's officials say deputies responded to a home about 1:30 a.m. Monday on a report of a possible intruder inside the house.

When they arrived, they say a man was found dead inside the house with a single gunshot wound.

Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 06:59 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,460,342 times
its unfortunate someone had to die but the homeowner was well within his/her rights.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:20 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,708,061 times
Sorry . . . no tears out of me for this deadbeat.

This world would be a much better, and safer, place if we had more homeowners such as this one.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:03 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,433,672 times
Guess you guys where perfect at age 19. Dead is dead, when you don't have compassion, you are just as bad as a criminal.

I have a carry and conceal permit, and that comes with a lot of resposibility. Was the kid armed, or trying to fight?

!9 years... think about it before you write such remarks.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:25 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,163,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corydon View Post
Guess you guys where perfect at age 19. Dead is dead, when you don't have compassion, you are just as bad as a criminal.

I have a carry and conceal permit, and that comes with a lot of responsibility. Was the kid armed, or trying to fight?

!9 years... think about it before you write such remarks.
Assuming the facts remain as reported, I have no problem with the shooting. You don't need to be over 21 to know breaking into someone's home is wrong, much less a felony. It has nothing at all to do with people lacking compassion or being "perfect" at 19. As a victim of a home burglary, if I had been home when the junkie broke into my home, I would have done the same thing.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:42 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,638,098 times
Update with victims photo:
Update on 19-year-old intruder shot and killed by Yuma homeowner - | News for Yuma, Imperial Valley, El Centro, AZ & CA

Old 05-29-2013, 09:49 PM

I did read the link, and don't see any sentences about a junky.
And your own children might do exacrly the same.
Never say no, some kids with wel to do parents, good education and who had al the toys they wish for killed their own parents.

With that logic what is next, a person doesn't drive the way you do, so let's shoot him, or he has another belief, favorite colour or food.......
So, how would you feel when the cops are at your door telling you your child was shot because he/she did something stupid?

Old 05-29-2013, 09:53 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,163,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corydon View Post
I did read the link, and don't see any sentences about a junky.
And your own children might do exacrly the same.
Never say no, some kids with wel to do parents, good education and who had al the toys they wish for killed their own parents.

With that logic what is next, a person doesn't drive the way you do, so let's shoot him, or he has another belief, favorite colour or food.......
So, how would you feel when the cops are at your door telling you your child was shot because he/she did something stupid?
No, I didn't say the Yuma burglar was a junkie - the sociopath who burglarized me was a junkie.

And my logic doesn't operate as you suggest. I'm not going to shoot anyone for the "reasons" you provided. But I will defend my own home against a burglar. That's all I'm saying.

I'd be heartbroken if my child chose to be a criminal and was shot because of that poor choice.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:59 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,671,669 times
I have to side with the homeowner as it might not be a good idea to stop and ask intruder in your home in the middle of the night for a photo I.D. Many Americans are raised with old fashioned notion that you knock on the door if you wish to speak with the homeowner. If you have to worry about your own children being shot while they break into a home, perhaps some parenting classes might be in order.

Where do you stop compromising if you can't defend your home and family?

Old 05-29-2013, 10:01 PM

Thank you for your straight answer.
We al have the right to defend our home and family against criminals, and if someone comes in my house I wil point a gun at him/her.
If the person does not back off, but keeps coming, than it is OK to use force, but you have to warn him, or her...

It was just the remark of Bummer to just get rid of al bad people. 19 is very young, kids try to act as grown ups, but they are children, and you can be the perfect parent, kids are kids, they are rebellios to say the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona