Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 07:18 PM

8 posts, read 123,319 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I am seeking out more bunny & rat people. If you have bunnies or ratties that you love dearly, post a bit about them. I would love to talk with more people from the area that share the same love for these two types of pets !

Old 11-28-2007, 11:43 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,324,554 times
Does the herd of bunnies grazing in my back yard count?

Old 11-29-2007, 07:55 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,752,843 times
There is a forum for pets if you scroll down to the bottom of the home page of City Data. I would not want a pet rabbit here in the summer.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:05 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by undergunfire View Post
If you have bunnies or ratties that you love dearly, post a bit about them. I would love to talk with more people from the area that share the same love for these two types of pets !
I like bunnies.... cooked right.

Just pulling your leg! I do like them. Not that I haven't eaten them, though...

Old 11-29-2007, 04:37 PM

44,635 posts, read 61,645,680 times
We have lots of rabbits running around, until the coyotes catch them. Cats eat the rats.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:51 PM

108 posts, read 362,329 times
Default Rats

My daughter has 3 Rats for pets.

Takes some getting used to, but I guess they are okay. Dull, though.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:55 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,710,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen B View Post
Does the herd of bunnies grazing in my back yard count?
LOL . . . I was thinking the same thing, Gretchen

Lots of wild rabbits and ground squirrels running all of the place and in the wash next to my house but no rats.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:02 AM

27,353 posts, read 27,405,100 times
Ive had pet rats a few times. They were awesome pets and if you get them young enough, they can be trained.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:38 PM

8 posts, read 123,319 times
Actually, guys, my 3 neutered (yes, neutered, it is better for their health, much like dogs!) bunnies live inside the house. I would never let a pet rabbit live outdoors in the heat and cold. They are sensitive animals.

My bunnies live in this type of cage that I made out of storage cubes from Target:

** This size cage fits one bunny. The bunny in the cage pictured is 5lbs. I have three bunnies who aren't living together in one cage yet, but when they do....their cage will be two times the size of the cage pictured. Most people don't know that commercial rabbit cages sold in pet stores are actually TOO SMALL!

Most people think rabbits are boring, they are not! My rabbits are much like dogs....they will lick you and play with toys. Most people who have rabbits are uneducated and don't take their bunnies out of their cages to play....let a bunny out and experience a "binky" and "bunny 500's"....your rabbit will really come to live with time out of the cage .

Oh yeah, my bunnies are 100% litter boxed trained and don't smell. You can only smell a faint whiff of hay every now and then. Cats are MUCH stinkier than bunnies! I clean my bunnies litter boxes every 4 days...and I still can't smell them!

About rats being dull....mine aren't at all! They spend lots of time out of their cages and play around my bedroom (I put all electrical cords out of their reach). My ratties even love to snuggle up to me and watch a movie! I have two adult rats that are neutered, and one baby rat who will be neutered when he is of age.

My ratties live in this cage, which can hold 6 rats maximum, so you can tell that my rats have tons of room inside of their cage!:

My rat cage is complete with fleece as bedding (rats love fleece to walk on!) and rat "hammocks" that I sew myself, they love to snuggle up in a hammock for a snooze. My rats are fed a homemade food mixture and fed nightly "dinners" that I prepare myself (pastas, meats, salads, ect). Pet store seed mixes are horrible and not at all what rats should be eating, it's like humans only eating sweet and fast food their whole lives, nothing else!

Oh, yeah...again....my rats are also litter box trained!

Most would think I am nuts, but actually...there are thousands of people who spoil their rabbits and rats with this type of "life of luxury". I am a moderator on a rabbit forum and I am an active member of a rat forum. It really may seem unbelievable to most right now if you are reading this type of "pet care"....but believe it....there are thousands of other people out there who take care of their bunnies and rats the same way!

Last edited by undergunfire; 12-14-2007 at 09:42 PM.. Reason: mistakes

Old 01-07-2008, 04:42 AM

1 posts, read 34,397 times
Hello undergunfire.
I am a rat and rabbit lover!!! I currently own rats and pamper them. However after owning and loving 6 rats, I am considering getting a pet rabbit instead. Only because the short life span of rats leads to too much and too frequent heartache.

Since you own both rats and rabbits, I was interested to know whether you allow them to interact together? I am wondering if they get along, and if perhaps I can keep both as pets. I imagine seperate cages, but it would be ideal if they could have free roam time together. Do you do this with your rats and rabbits?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona