Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 04:02 PM

7,649 posts, read 9,999,455 times

Advertisements

The libraries are OK considering it's a rural area. I don't know about farmers market. There's a seasonal one in Bullhead. This is not a big farming area since it's hotter than the face of the sun here in the summer. Most people survive on broiled rattlesnake and fried scorpions, with a little elk and river trout.

They don't call Mohave County a "food desert" for nothing. We go to Vegas every few weeks to hit Trader Joes and Whole Foods for edible food. Take an ice chest for frozen stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2015, 04:07 PM

456 posts, read 1,507,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post

Yuma has the Colorado River but it is not very big. Lots more shopping and restaurants and winters are warmer than Kingman but summers are hotter and humid due to irrigation.
I'm going to disagree with this. Yes, the river is pretty puny where it passes through the north end of town, but there is a ton of water sports activities on the river. Quite a few people from San Diego come to Yuma to boat in the summer. I've spent a lot of time on the river, there is lots to do there.

Farmers markets in Yuma, there used to be one every Sat morning in the winter on the downtown mall (winter only) I don't know if it still operates. My daughter joined a group that met on Sat mornings at a school and did some kind of Farmers market. $5 a bag for pre-packed veggies and fruit. She got a lot for her $.

Saddles of Joy offers therapeutic horse riding for special needs children and their families. My son used to volunteer for them in exchange for horse rides. Link to Saddles: Mission & Vision

Yuma has a decent library system and a fairly new main library. There are plenty of parks to read in, but nothing special. I used to go out on the river on the boat to read (winter) Never to cold and no one about because it was the off season.

My folks used to live in Kingman so I spent a lot of time there. I don't remember the library very well, IIRC, it is rather small. On the flip side, you can get a book and go up to Hualapai mtn park and read under the pine trees in about 30 min.

Curly

Old 01-01-2015, 08:48 PM

7 posts, read 13,756 times
Thank you everyone! This definitely helps. I'm leaning towards Kingman. I am very excited about it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona