Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 10:52 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,990,108 times

Advertisements

LOL - Front page of the paper... Again. "Wal Mart" to be built in FM open in 2016. LOL

I think this is the fifth story starting back in 2010. It's an annual story, they just dust it off, like the Christmas tree lighting and run it whenever there's a slow news day.

I think it's a dyslexic writer. Not 20-16... they mean 2061!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 07:22 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,682,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
lol - front page of the paper... Again. "wal mart" to be built in fm open in 2016. Lol

i think this is the fifth story starting back in 2010. It's an annual story, they just dust it off, like the christmas tree lighting and run it whenever there's a slow news day.

I think it's a dyslexic writer. Not 20-16... They mean 2061!
lol @ 2061!

Old 08-03-2015, 12:11 PM

4 posts, read 8,408 times
Wow to the replys. I was thinking about moving that way.kinda of getting scared off with the job comments.

Old 05-01-2016, 11:42 AM

20 posts, read 51,559 times
My husband & I started out in Bullhead City 3-4 years ago (aprox). The sewer assessment is ridiculous. All they would have had to do is slow down, file for grants, it would have been taken care of but they don't care, make the people pay for it. Grrr... As I said in a previous post, taxes (sales & property) are too high. This is a very greedy place. They thrive when the snowbirds are here, when there is the regatta, the long weekends when people pour in from all over the desert to the Colorado River, bike week, & the like. We moved out to Golden Valley as we didn't really like living in a place that requires a permit to have a yard sale. Don't get me wrong, there are some nice people. I loved the dry heat.

There are the typical chain stores here: Pizza Hut, Dominoes, Del Taco, McDonalds (3-4 of those), Carl's Jr., etc... Wal Mart (1 in BHC, never seen anything announcing another in Fort Mohave.. that's comical to me), Bed Bath & Beyond, Home Depot & Lowes, Ace hardware (2 of those), JoAnn's Fabrics, Hastings, etc... So I'm not saying there isn't business but it's not a very exciting town. That's okay with us, we're not big on hustle & bustle. Last time I went by the movies for just myself it was $15+ for the ticket, a soda & a popcorn but I only go on their cheap day, the rest of the time it's much higher & that's in Kingman, not BHC or Laughlin.

Thank God our house has sold & we will be leaving. Very soon we will be FORMER residents of this area.

Old 05-01-2016, 03:54 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,951,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeperpuppy View Post
My husband & I started out in Bullhead City 3-4 years ago (aprox). The sewer assessment is ridiculous. All they would have had to do is slow down, file for grants, it would have been taken care of but they don't care, make the people pay for it. Grrr... As I said in a previous post, taxes (sales & property) are too high. This is a very greedy place. They thrive when the snowbirds are here, when there is the regatta, the long weekends when people pour in from all over the desert to the Colorado River, bike week, & the like. We moved out to Golden Valley as we didn't really like living in a place that requires a permit to have a yard sale. Don't get me wrong, there are some nice people. I loved the dry heat.

There are the typical chain stores here: Pizza Hut, Dominoes, Del Taco, McDonalds (3-4 of those), Carl's Jr., etc... Wal Mart (1 in BHC, never seen anything announcing another in Fort Mohave.. that's comical to me), Bed Bath & Beyond, Home Depot & Lowes, Ace hardware (2 of those), JoAnn's Fabrics, Hastings, etc... So I'm not saying there isn't business but it's not a very exciting town. That's okay with us, we're not big on hustle & bustle. Last time I went by the movies for just myself it was $15+ for the ticket, a soda & a popcorn but I only go on their cheap day, the rest of the time it's much higher & that's in Kingman, not BHC or Laughlin.

Thank God our house has sold & we will be leaving. Very soon we will be FORMER residents of this area.
I've been here in Bullhead for going on 4 years now; IMHO it HAS gotten worse. Tho Kingman's getting nicer and nicer.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Would you all say that Bullhead City is in a worse spot then Kingman?
In 2016; def YES. Bullhead IS worse.

Too; any word on how the River Run went this year? It seems there was much LESS cycle traffic last week than in 2015 on back.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
LOL - Front page of the paper... Again. "Wal Mart" to be built in FM open in 2016. LOL

I think this is the fifth story starting back in 2010. It's an annual story, they just dust it off, like the Christmas tree lighting and run it whenever there's a slow news day.

I think it's a dyslexic writer. Not 20-16... they mean 2061!
This time around, the store is projected to open in the summer of 2017, said Delia Garcia, director of communications for Wal-Mart Stores Inc.

http://www.mohavedailynews.com/news/...b17454b68.html

I'll believe it when i see it. lol

Old 05-02-2016, 12:44 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,990,108 times
LOL - I saw that too! It's the annual "WalMart is Coming" thread. Like the "new bridge" that's been planned for twenty years. I think it comes up when someone needs to sell real estate nearby.

And I agree - some areas of BHC are worse. The city does very little blight abatement with corresponding increase in crime. Also I think our crime spike is a result of CA releasing felons. And a huge incrase in heroin.

Old Bullhead is improving, but the Riverbend area is worse. Dead cars on every block, very little code ernforcement. They need to go block by block and clean up the town.

This should be the jewel of the desert, an oasis. We are surrounded by beautiful nearly 6,000 foot mountains, alongside one of the world's great rivers. And yet large parts of town are so run down they make Detroit look great.

Old 05-05-2016, 03:44 PM

20 posts, read 51,559 times
The sad thing is Kingman has made some improvements but too many people I know have to lock down everything including putting the garage door down every single time they go in the house otherwise they come out & find stuff missing.

It's a shame. So much to like except.... I agree I think Bike Week was a lot quieter this time than last year. Last year from my current house you could hear motorcycles buzzing around day & night through bike week. This year the only reason I knew it was bike week was when I went out & noticed the increase of motorcycles. Much more quiet.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:07 AM

13,304 posts, read 21,923,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeperpuppy View Post
The sad thing is Kingman has made some improvements but too many people I know have to lock down everything including putting the garage door down every single time they go in the house otherwise they come out & find stuff missing.
Where exactly in Kingman do these friends live? When we lived there, our house cleaners used to complain about thefts like that. They lived in Butler, the older and probably least expensive place in town, which attracts a lot of down-on-their luck types that steal from their neighbors. I can tell you the nicer neighborhoods are nothing like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona